MEGAlite ROM 6.5.5 XXIL2

Guest daskalos

Guest krishnarao
what do you mean by scrollbar in today screen?

In fact I can confirm that the scrollbars are missing from the entire windows eg. filemanager etc which can be a bit of a pain when opening huge folders.

Any suggestions for close instead of minimize (despite installing autoclose patch the programs only minimize and don't close on clicking the x button.

Regards

Guest mmavreck
i've no scrollbar on today screen...(using Megalite V2)

any suggestion?

if ur talking about vertical scrolls then Go to "\HKLM\SYSTEM\GWE\" "cxVScr" value from 0 to 15 & softreset that should solve it.

i noticed that we're now having both battery and clock on the status bar...but i use wktask for the battery line on top of the screen.

is there any way to just have the clock without the battery?

This hasnt been answered and i have another question to other users of this rom...

Its awesome, no doubt about that..But how long does you battery hold? with push mail on, drainage is about 8%/hour :S

installed

cf3.7

wktask

resco explorer 8

gchris titanium

tachan's black theme

google maps

hd whobble

imdb mobile

mito team paint

opera 9.7

conduits pocket player

rss hub

s2u2

sktools

tomtom navigator 7

google youtube

windows live

shazam

whiskey bro's free ram performance tweak

chainfire's auto close patch

sdk2.2

Daskalos rom fix

samsung camera

samsung gps

samsung wifi & bt

any tips pleassee ?

(btw, do you think the graphics issue would be solved by replacing samsung camera from 6.5 with the one from 6.1? or am i saying something really stupid here?)

Edited by vjin

Guest daskalos
This hasnt been answered and i have another question to other users of this rom...

Its awesome, no doubt about that..But how long does you battery hold? with push mail on, drainage is about 8%/hour :S

(btw, do you think the graphics issue would be solved by replacing samsung camera from 6.5 with the one from 6.1? or am i saying something really stupid here?)

-Well I assume that because you use push email, you also use 3G network all the time, which really can deplete the battery...

I suggest using gsm frequencies and enabling 3G only when you really need it (like updating push email, video call etc.)

-Another thing is using a black theme/ wallpaper, it really saves battery

-About replacing the camera, I'm not sure if it will solve the problem, but I think swapping 6.1 display drivers may do the trick, though I'm not sure too <_<

-About the x-button, I think it work will if task manager is also installed, though I haven't tried it...You can use other task managers posted here http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...-your-pleasure/

Edited by daskalos

I have tried the HTC one, but be sure to disable clock from the taskbar first, otherwise OS spins into confusion giving out weird graphics. Same is so with xperia one.

Basic reason of error is, the designated area of x button in 6.5.3 upwards has be moved down into the right lower corner and all the taskmans are active on right upper corner. So if the OK button (or the x button) of os can really work to kill/close the application, the chances of good solution are remote.

Guest RainerRabe2

so, after some hours, it is working well, some observations/questions:

1. the chainfire x-button fix does not work, i.e. applications do not close - maybe I am doing something wrong (just installed the cab and rebooted)

2. the "alarmwatcher" exe seems missing, even if I reinstall tclock from the CAB - so no alarm sounds AND (!!!) the device does not boot automatically if an alarm is set - which is a cool power saving feature of the SAMSUNG, any chance to get that also in a cab..?

3. THINGS TO DO AFTER INSTALLING THIS ROM

1. Install .NET Framework 3.5 (Cause there's no .NET CF installed) - why? do not need that?

2. Install Samsung SDK STD 2.2 - Why? do not need that?

3. Install Auto Close patch - where is that, did not find in the list of cabs/patches

4. Enable X button to close apps - done

5. Install Adobe Flash 3.1 - why? alternative to google youtube app?

6. Chainfire Autoclose Fix - see point 1, did install but did not work...made the whole thing slower somehow, I think

4. same in all ROMS, not sure what is the problem: when running TOMTOM 7.91x, and you open contacts while it is in the background, you see no contacts.

txs for your feedback, folks!

Guest VOODOOS!L

is there some way to make the Work/home switch button usefull? I would prefer not using some extra loaded application like AEButton. Can we put some exe file with some specific name in the windows dir that will be executed by this button?

Guest daskalos
so, after some hours, it is working well, some observations/questions:

1. the chainfire x-button fix does not work, i.e. applications do not close - maybe I am doing something wrong (just installed the cab and rebooted)

2. the "alarmwatcher" exe seems missing, even if I reinstall tclock from the CAB - so no alarm sounds AND (!!!) the device does not boot automatically if an alarm is set - which is a cool power saving feature of the SAMSUNG, any chance to get that also in a cab..?

3. THINGS TO DO AFTER INSTALLING THIS ROM

1. Install .NET Framework 3.5 (Cause there's no .NET CF installed) - why? do not need that?

2. Install Samsung SDK STD 2.2 - Why? do not need that?

3. Install Auto Close patch - where is that, did not find in the list of cabs/patches

4. Enable X button to close apps - done

5. Install Adobe Flash 3.1 - why? alternative to google youtube app?

6. Chainfire Autoclose Fix - see point 1, did install but did not work...made the whole thing slower somehow, I think

4. same in all ROMS, not sure what is the problem: when running TOMTOM 7.91x, and you open contacts while it is in the background, you see no contacts.

txs for your feedback, folks!

1. Just a clarification, Chainfire autoclose patch does not closes programs by x-button. What it does is disable auto closing of programs when memory reaches 30mb

2. Seems the cab needs to be repacked.

Other concerns

1. .Net Framework- it is needed by some applications, OEM or third party

2. Samsung SDK- needed by auto rotate and some applications only made for i8000

3. It's there

4. Well it doesn't work in 6.5.5

5. Because adobe flash is removed from the ROM

6. It's slower because you must have menu applications running in the background, close them completely with task manager

Guest RainerRabe2
1. Just a clarification, Chainfire autoclose patch does not closes programs by x-button. What it does is disable auto closing of programs when memory reaches 30mb

2. Seems the cab needs to be repacked.

Other concerns

1. .Net Framework- it is needed by some applications, OEM or third party

2. Samsung SDK- needed by auto rotate and some applications only made for i8000

3. It's there

4. Well it doesn't work in 6.5.5

5. Because adobe flash is removed from the ROM

6. It's slower because you must have menu applications running in the background, close them completely with task manager

thanks for the quick clarification, obviously I had mixed some things up...

KLmun started another topic, but ill post it in this one anyways...

He was right about the sleeping beuaty problem.

I just tried to reboot mine but it got stuck at windows phone wallpaper.

its the first time in a whole day of rebooting so i dont really mind, but i thought id let you all know

oh and daskalos thnx for the answer on the xbutton issue...but my question was how to remove battery icon from taskbar <_<

Guest VOODOOS!L

strange, I have more free memory with this 6.5.5 Megalite than the rom I used before (6.5.3) but I have the feeling it is much slower now. Like when using TomTom or opening the startmenu I notice some delay that I didn't had before. Maybe some drivers?

I have installed all basic stuff of the first page (no apps from batch 2).

Anyone else has the same feeling?

Guest daskalos
strange, I have more free memory with this 6.5.5 Megalite than the rom I used before (6.5.3) but I have the feeling it is much slower now. Like when using TomTom or opening the startmenu I notice some delay that I didn't had before. Maybe some drivers?

I have installed all basic stuff of the first page (no apps from batch 2).

Anyone else has the same feeling?

Maybe its a pagepool thing...i could adjust the rom to have more pagepool but it will lessen the free available ram (as before)

or

Tomtom is not really compatible with 6.5.5 build...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't want AEButton, you can try MortScript and use scripts that will act as shortcut to an application (Mortscript runs discreetly and doesn't eat RAM/processes much)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the not waking up thing... I really can't say a solution cause I haven't experience it till now...

Well there are some few factors that can be the cause:

1. The amount of RAM

Since the Xbutton doesn't work on the 6.5.5 build, when we tap x on applications, it is really not terminated, just minimized. Unnoticeable, an accumulation of apps might be running and discreetly using RAM and processes, which can have complications on waking up the device.

2. Samsung SDK 2.2

Well it is known that samsung SDK 2.2 causes sleeping beauty, so you can try uninstalling it and monitor your device. Or try installing it in Device, not on My Storage or Memory Card.

3. The 10Mb temp file fix

I put a dummy .tmp file in \windows so that the 10mb sized .tmp file doesn't generate. You can delete _memmap_.tmp in \Windows and monitor device.

4. The Lock

Some suggested that enabling the classic Windows lock causes waking up problems. Try enabling WM 6.5 slide lock and monitor the device.

6. The different versions of our Phone and CSC.

Since most of us only flash the PDA part, we end up with the same ROM version but different CSC's, Phone and eBoot versions. I'm not really sure if our device will be stable teamed up with a different CSC's etc. But this is what I'm sure of; there is surely a reason why our original PDA part is teamed up with a particular CSC,phone and eboot version. Mixing them up is like ingredients for a salad, you might end up with a great tasting dish or end up throwing your plate.

5. Some third party apps

Well is you are a long time WinMo user, you perhaps know what am I talking about.

6. This is a BETA build

All new builds available out there that does NOT come right out from the box (I mean when you bought a brand new WinMo device) is always a BETA.

Beta which means it is still an experimental working build. Build 6.5.5 23545 is not an exception, so there might be some issues affecting it.

Well the above are just theories. I really can't be sure since I'm using the ROM and isn't facing the sleeping problem anymore. Since this incident happens very, very randomly now (unlike before which the "sleeping beauty" problem happens almost as early as 5mins of sleeping to all who flashed that version) and only 2 people reported about this out of 86 who downloaded version 1 and 87 who downloaded version 2 (as of this time) , the root cause might not be the ROM itself, and may not be very alarming.

Well good luck, I apologize I might don't really have all the answers to all your questions. But I'll try my best to help concerns <_<

Edited by daskalos

Maybe its a pagepool thing...i could adjust the rom to have more pagepool but it will lessen the free available ram (as before)

or

Tomtom is not really compatible with 6.5.5 build...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't want AEButton, you can try MortScript and use scripts that will act as shortcut to an application (Mortscript runs discreetly and doesn't eat RAM/processes much)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the not waking up thing... I really can't say a solution cause I haven't experience it till now...

Well there are some few factors that can be the cause:

1. The amount of RAM

Since the Xbutton doesn't work on the 6.5.5 build, when we tap x on applications, it is really not terminated, just minimized. Unnoticeable, an accumulation of apps might be running and discreetly using RAM and processes, which can have complications on waking up the device.

2. Samsung SDK 2.2

Well it is known that samsung SDK 2.2 causes sleeping beauty, so you can try uninstalling it and monitor your device. Or try installing it in Device, not on My Storage or Memory Card.

3. The 10Mb temp file fix

I put a dummy .tmp file in \windows so that the 10mb sized .tmp file doesn't generate. You can delete _memmap_.tmp in \Windows and monitor device.

4. The Lock

Some suggested that enabling the classic Windows lock causes waking up problems. Try enabling WM 6.5 slide lock and monitor the device.

6. The different versions of our Phone and CSC.

Since most of us only flash the PDA part, we end up with the same ROM version but different CSC's, Phone and eBoot versions. I'm not really sure if our device will be stable teamed up with a different CSC's etc. But this is what I'm sure of; there is surely a reason why our original PDA part is teamed up with a particular CSC,phone and eboot version. Mixing them up is like ingredients for a salad, you might end up with a great tasting dish or end up throwing your plate.

5. Some third party apps

Well is you are a long time WinMo user, you perhaps know what am I talking about.

6. This is a BETA build

All new builds available out there that does NOT come right out from the box (I mean when you bought a brand new WinMo device) is always a BETA.

Beta which means it is still an experimental working build. Build 6.5.5 23545 is not an exception, so there might be some issues affecting it.

Well the above are just theories. I really can't be sure since I'm using the ROM and isn't facing the sleeping problem anymore. Since this incident happens very, very randomly now (unlike before which the "sleeping beauty" problem happens almost as early as 5mins of sleeping to all who flashed that version) and only 2 people reported about this out of 86 who downloaded version 1 and 87 who downloaded version 2 (as of this time) , the root cause might not be the ROM itself, and may not be very alarming.

Well good luck, I apologize I might don't really have all the answers to all your questions. But I'll try my best to help concerns <_<

no needs for apologies whatsoever!! youre doing a great job and youre doing it for free :mellow:

really appreciate your input :(

can i ask what csc pda and phone you are using?

Guest daskalos
Streaming Player still not working... (ROM V2).

<_<

New working Streaming Player installation cab posted in the first post...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm using

CSC B7610NXTCIL3

Phone b7610xxik1

Edited by daskalos

Guest Freezy1982

Question: How much work will it be, to create this ROM in multilanguage? I think some others would prefer using their own language as well..

Your ROM seems to be the best for now - awesome free RAM and stable <_<

Thanks for your restless work! :mellow:

Guest CJMonty
4. The Lock

Please, can you tell me how to do this? I like more the 6.5 slider lock and I don't want to install some 3rd party procuct for this.

And one more thing when I'm making a call proximity sensor turns off display, but when I want to end call, display turns on but phone is locked. It's not a big deal, but it's a little annoing.

Thanks for help and for this great ROM.

Guest daskalos
Please, can you tell me how to do this? I like more the 6.5 slider lock and I don't want to install some 3rd party procuct for this.

And one more thing when I'm making a call proximity sensor turns off display, but when I want to end call, display turns on but phone is locked. It's not a big deal, but it's a little annoing.

just install this http://www.4shared.com/file/242378474/57e3...5_Lock_Scr.html

wait a few seconds and soft reset

Guest new2city

I can't seem to find the registry keys anymore to enable the 6.5 slider lock, so just try this from AC

http://acs2.mstreme.com/download/RestoreWM65DeviceLock.cab,

hah, just shows how screwy my internet connection is.. 6 minutes difference and I still didn't see Daskalos' post until I posted my solution.. <_<

Finallly, I found the registry key to revert back to 6.5 lockscreen.. for those who hate cab files but like registry settings..

HLKM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\LockScreen\Enable

Enable = 1 will restore the Win6.5 lockscreen

Enable = 0 will restore the Classic lockscreen

surprisingly, no soft reset required...

Edited by new2city