Finally a GOOD solution to the missed calls indicators in M2D v2

Guest barbarony62

Guest mureta
I think there is not room for these two plugins... you have to select one or the other.. not both

Great barbarony62,

I took everything I had and reinstalled, I did as its configuration, but when I add the plugin phonealarm nothing appears ... I did wrong? returned as the same look up and I wanted the look that is her .. . thanks bro!

Guest andrew.mazlim
Hi Folks.

Finally, thanks to many suggestions and forum researches I found a GOOD solution to the lack of "missed events" (calls, voice messages) in M2d V2

BTW - thanks to OCK for his rom and the rest of almost everybody for filling up forums with valuable information...

tools needed:

[*]i900 with M2D V2 installed (duh...) --

[*]M2d Today Page (version 0.31) -- attached

[*]PhoneAlarm by Pocketmax (much easier to configure than *P*H*O*N*E*X (sorry Spam alert), cheaper and lighter) -- not attached get it yourself

[*]SenatorKOT skin for PhoneAlarm -- attached

You didn't mention how (or where) we must install the skin and how to locate it.

The app running perfectly, I installed the skin... but I can't find it.

How am I suppose to change the skin (I have the default small icons' grey skin)?

Thxs for any help.

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest barbarony62
You didn't mention how (or where) we must install the skin and how to locate it.

The app running perfectly, I installed the skin... but I can't find it.

How am I suppose to change the skin (I have the default small icons' grey skin)?

Thxs for any help.

please see the attached cab to the first post in this thread called senatorkot or something....

its there in the first post of thread....

regards

Guest andrew.mazlim

Also, I like to ask you something:

Since I own the Iconsoft Spam alert 2.2 and has a Today plugin pannel, SHOULD I had to install that alarmphone application?

Couldn't just add the Iconsoft Spam alert 2.2 Today plugin pannel in the TP???

Guest andrew.mazlim
please see the attached cab to the first post in this thread called senatorkot or something....

its there in the first post of thread....

regards

You missed my point. I'm not talking for the skin and the cab! I already installed the skin too....

But, WHERE in the alarmphone settings menu, can I set the skin? I've seen many options, there is a skin pop-up menu, I checked it but there's not skin with this name.

Guest barbarony62
Also, I like to ask you something:

Since I own the Iconsoft Spam alert 2.2 and has a Today plugin pannel, SHOULD I had to install that alarmphone application?

Couldn't just add the Iconsoft Spam alert 2.2 Today plugin pannel in the TP???

you could probably do that, but I am not sure if you can apply the senatorkot skin to that today plugin... I do not know it, so cannot answer...

Guest andrew.mazlim
you could probably do that, but I am not sure if you can apply the senatorkot skin to that today plugin... I do not know it, so cannot answer...

Of course I wouldn't, mate! This isn't an Iconsoft skin, afterall.

Guest andrew.mazlim

Only... If you know how to edit the IconsoftPhonex 2.2 today plugin pannel, to make it transparent, I'll appreciate it.

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest barbarony62
Forget the above questions, I made it!

All are working fine...

Andrew,

I am happy for you... BTW, following your advice, I am testing i908 roms from Krazy RADD...so far so good....

barbarony62

Guest andrew.mazlim
Andrew,

I am happy for you... BTW, following your advice, I am testing i908 roms from Krazy RADD...so far so good....

barbarony62

1.Thxs, I DIDN'T see the post saying I must install the skin directly in the main memory!

2. You did? Nice! I believe, you'll find it one of (if THE) BEST new firmwares in the Net! The brilliant thing with these "JN Foundation" roms is, they have tones of apps... but running like UltraLite roms!

3. Did you port the G-Carbon v2 M2Dv2 of K.Radd or another one? I'm using this one, didn't test (yet) the others.

Guest barbarony62
1.Thxs, I DIDN'T see the post saying I must install the skin directly in the main memory!

2. You did? Nice! I believe, you'll find it one of (if THE) BEST new firmwares in the Net! The brilliant thing with these "JN Foundation" roms is, they have tones of apps... but running like UltraLite roms!

3. Did you port the G-Carbon v2 M2Dv2 of K.Radd or another one? I'm using this one, didn't test (yet) the others.

I am using the newest RED SENSE... very nice indeed...

I upgraded all my apps at the same time navigation apps, opera, office.. etc) its like a new phone

I did lots of preparatory work, so no glitches at all

bye

Guest andrew.mazlim

I tried that trick with this phone-alarm app. First, everything were fine; but after a while and some reboots, the SKIN posted in the #1 post (to used it with the phone-alarm) was damaged. There wasn't anymore the "alpha channel" (transparency) around it and I could see pixels and/or black & white parts.

What's wrong?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest doronwin

hi,

after few ROms changes and reinstallation of the phonealarm+senator skin, im exhausted. :(

it seems that something happend and this whole thing is not working as it should.

the first time i installed it, few months ago everything worked like a charm. but than i did hard reset and began all from scratch. and nada, i get errors, my display has two phonealarm rulers (one hidden in the upper taskbar - i can see an icon and when i tap it, it unfolds and gives me the ruler).plus, i get backlight problems, i have continuous changes in my ringtones, never stays as i want it - you get the picture - im tired of it.

all i want is a proper icon to show me unanswered calls that when i tap it it'll show me the call, and the irritating icon will disappear from the upper taskbar.

someone have an idea ?

tks

doron.

• 8 months later...
Guest andrew.mazlim
can someone upload this version of M2D for me? mine has an error on home weather tab, not updating. thnx

What ver.? Everybody's here, using the latest v.2 M2D and... iPhoneToday, for the misscall-indicators.

Check OCK's thread or Yonn's, you'll find whatever you need - or send them a PM.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest rroberti

Great app!!! Running OK in my i900... :(

Look...

post-772092-1299897523_thumb.jpg

Can you explain to me the significate of "G icon" and icon that appears between the bluetooth icon and headphones ???

Thanks!

Guest barbarony62

from left to right:

your connection to your provider (G)

your connection to bluetooth

your connection to wifi

your connection to headset

these are all on or off positions....

Great app!!! Running OK in my i900... :(

Look...

post-772092-1299897523_thumb.jpg

Can you explain to me the significate of "G icon" and icon that appears between the bluetooth icon and headphones ???

Thanks!