Real Desire Status Bar Theme for all actual ROMs + preFroYo

Guest Formel-LMS

Guest Formel-LMS

So you've done something wrong my friend. The themes working properly on many devices. sorry.

Have you load the correct version of them theme, especially for your rom?

Guest bigmacman
Now working on enomther ROM, too. Link added in first post.

Can I know how to flash this kind of file?

Should I do "Wipe" then flash from SD card?

Guest Formel-LMS

No, its much easier.

Download "metamorph" from market.

Copy this zip file here to a folder called "AndroidThemes" on your SD Card.

Open Metamorph and follow the instructions.

Be careful to load the right version for your rom and never let the phone go to sleep while applying this morph theme.

Guest IntoTheVoid

Is this safe for use with the new version of Metamorph meaning is it compatible with whatever changes that were made to it?. Because after wiping yesterday I decided to upgrade to the latest version of Metamorph and applied the status bar theme on the nexus one and after reboot it went into a cycle of loading into the OS for a few seconds and then rebooting. i couldn't even shut it down cause it would just reboot. Anyways had to wipe again to get it back to normal.

Should I re-download the files again ? (status bar & icons). Don't want to go through the wipe procedure again.

Guest kareem613

I applied the theme for the cyanogen mod. Now the android market crashes every time I try to update or install any app. I restored a nandroid and then could install apps again.

I then tried updating only the status bar and nothing else. Same problem with the market crashing.

Is anybody else getting this issue? What could it be?

Guest Lorents
I applied the theme for the cyanogen mod. Now the android market crashes every time I try to update or install any app. I restored a nandroid and then could install apps again.

I then tried updating only the status bar and nothing else. Same problem with the market crashing.

Is anybody else getting this issue? What could it be?

Same happened to me. Had to reinstall the market app to make it work :P

Guest Formel-LMS

weird. I had the same problems with a cyanogen ro on my own phone yesterday. But without installing my morph...

I don't know whats going on their, but I think that google has real problems with his market at this time.

Now it all went fine. Installing the morph without problems.

I know that the cyanogen version is not as stable as the modaco version.

But, if you have the problems with the bootloops again:

You don't need to wipe! Got to your recovery and reflash your rom without wiping the device.

I should talk to stericson (he has build the metamorph app) I think, the new xml format of his program is a bit buggy. Old Version was more stable.

• 1 month later...
Guest aiewolf

Hi installed this yesterday and everything seems to work fine with the exception of the tranparent notification drawer.

Is that a sepearte update or i have i done something wrong somewhere. I am on froyo mcr r17 and downloaded the appropiate files.

Thanks

Guest aiewolf
Its included. Do you have a white background by pulling the notification bar down?

Stock is white.

Yeah i have the white background.

I have also tried your clear theme as well. Same thing, everything but the notification drawer no change.

Edited by aiewolf

Guest Formel-LMS

Very strange....

in the GlasTheme is a white transparent and in ths s a blck transparent.

You can try it again. Change the applying speed to a bit lower (4000 e.g.)

Guest aiewolf
Very strange....

Sorry when i replied earlier i think i had the glass theme installed hence why it had a white background and not a black one.

I have tried it a bit lower and still the same problem. It's now black background but not transparent.

One other quick question after step 1 it seems to reboot in 10 secs and after applying step 2 it takes upwards of 5 mins to boot back to the screen.

is this normal, as it has never happened to me when applying themes on 2.1, and these are the first themes i have tried on 2.2

Thanks

Guest Formel-LMS

Everything is fine. Second startup is much longer, because I have there the two system modifications in it. While applying the clear the cache and nexus one must build a new cache at reboot ;)

Thats all :(

@uninstall the theme:

You can reinstall your rom. Then you have the stock optic back again. You don't have to wipe or install everything new.

A thing of 5 Minutes.

Guest aiewolf

Tried uninstalling theme and reapplying, like stated in the previous post. Still have the same problem, in that the drawer is not transparent, it's black.

Any more ideas.

Guest CompSCI
Very strange....

How do you change the "applying speed"...?

I also, have a solid black background - no transparency... Froyo R17...

Guest Formel-LMS

Press Menu before Applying.

Now I try it again on my nexus.

Looking, how it works. I've my GlasStatusbar on it for now...

EDIT: // Damn, whats going on there on FroYo?? Really strange.It is Blackas the ass of a cow.^^

Edited by Formel-LMS

Guest ermacwins

ok can u add the x sigh when theres no reception please? having bars greyed out is misleading as on default rom i can still make a call

Guest Formel-LMS

No. This is stock desire. I f I do this, others came and want to have stock optic back again.

Feel free to change every icon you want. It's open source and free for all.

Guest ermacwins
No. This is stock desire. I f I do this, others came and want to have stock optic back again.

Feel free to change every icon you want. It's open source and free for all.

i think u misunderstood. nevermind