new rom update from toshiba

Guest darckreign1984

Guest pranderson
Need more information about your problem.

Oddly enough there is not much more to give. I downloaded the update, TG01_SDDL.exe and prg folder to the root of my micro SD (plenty of free space). run TG01_SDDL.exe, click download wait a few seconds and get a warning message that says, "Erro occurred during system reset". All I can do is hit OK and then nothing.

Was running the last 6.5 update. Cleared memory to make sure I did not have an app conflict, same issue.

Guest kevinpwhite
Was running the last 6.5 update. Cleared memory to make sure I did not have an app conflict, same issue.

I would recommend carrying out a full hard reset (Master Clear) first and then running the SDDL install routine. At least that way you can be shure that there is no extraneous SW or registry settings which can inhibit proceedings.

Regards,

Kevin

Guest adzman808

no porblems doing my install.....

had a nasty shock when BT wouldn't turn on - but a restart fixed that... :)

early days - 1st observations....

phone is slightly faster in operation, BUT i think this is cos of having a master clear rather than the new ROM

when you x out of a application (it still doesn't close) but you return the previous screen not back to the today screen, which is nice

i don't use 3rd party GPS, so i can't comment on that...

the battery icon now works how i'd expect (i didn't need to perform my reg hack to get the batt icon to show all the time)

and of course - the big one...

call quality... in a single word = improved.

but still not the best telephony experience of my life - still not as good as my old nokia 6300

i think in all honesty - this probably makes the phone as they should have released it originally

but i'm happy enough :-)

Guest pipi52

i've updated my ROM and have observed the following:

- I had to do 4 soft restarts to get it to find orange UK, this was really strange...i hope this is not another issue (for me)

- most importantly call quality - THUMBS UP! - the other half can at least understand what I am saying! As Adam says, it's how it should have been released.

- summary, I will think very hard about buying toshiba again...they'll have to do something extra-ordinary to get another sale from me...sorry Tosh.

Guest pranderson
I would recommend carrying out a full hard reset (Master Clear) first and then running the SDDL install routine. At least that way you can be shure that there is no extraneous SW or registry settings which can inhibit proceedings.

Regards,

Kevin

Thanks for the help, however I did that and I have the same issues....:)

Guest kevinpwhite
Thanks for the help, however I did that and I have the same issues....;)

Hmmm.... I think my next step would be to re-download the complete update file from Toshiba's website; take a uSD Card and format it (FAT32); load the new ROM and SDDL onto the card, insert and then try again. It is just possible you have a corrupted D/L or an error reading from the card in which case this may help fix.

Good luck :)

Regards,

Kevin

Guest *LeiTo*
Hmmm.... I think my next step would be to re-download the complete update file from Toshiba's website; take a uSD Card and format it (FAT32); load the new ROM and SDDL onto the card, insert and then try again. It is just possible you have a corrupted D/L or an error reading from the card in which case this may help fix.

Good luck :)

Regards,

Kevin

or try the short pin method, no?

Guest kevinpwhite
or try the short pin method, no?

Agreed as one remaining step to initiate Bootload. If that then doesn't do the trick, you may have to recourse to Toshiba. Let us know how you get on with the above suggestions ?

Link here for Pin Short method.

Regrads,

Kevin

Edited by kevinpwhite

Guest pranderson
Agreed as one remaining step to initiate Bootload. If that then doesn't do the trick, you may have to recourse to Toshiba. Let us know how you get on with the above suggestions ?

Link here for Pin Short method.

Regrads,

Kevin

Okay the full format did not work. I will move on to the pin reset.

Guest pranderson
Okay the full format did not work. I will move on to the pin reset.

Okay PIN short does put it into a boot from SD mode, however now I get a invalid variant error. So I did a hard reset, and tried the PIN short method, same issue. :)

Guest kevinpwhite
Okay PIN short does put it into a boot from SD mode, however now I get a invalid variant error. So I did a hard reset, and tried the PIN short method, same issue. :)

Suggest get yourself back to a working (old) WM6.5 ROM version; then try the clean download / install to formatted uSD route. If that still is causing problems, I'm afraid not quite sure what to suggest...

Regards,

Kevin

Guest useyourfist

i already seem to have this rom preinstalled on my tg01 by looking at the radio version, i still havepoor quality sound tho so hate to think hat the rest of yours was like before this rom

Guest ice_rich

i just put the tg01_sddl and prg folder on my sd card and ran the tg01_sddl and it installed great with no probs and the call quality was good.then i put spb 3.5 mobile shell on then srs wow with the 3 seperates cabs and then next i put sktools on and i think this phone rocks and im so happy its sorted.only thing im worried about is the storage free memory is 186 mb which looks cool but program free memory is only 56mb. should i have master cleared first before installing the new update rom or is this normal and if so is there anything i can delete that would free up more program ram or should i not worry?.best regards rich

Guest kevinpwhite
... should i have master cleared first before installing the new update rom ...

Normally good practice to do so, but in reality shouldn't make any difference - when you flash a ROM the process normally clears the content of the device ROM memory and then writes the new image into place. When you boot up the first time it is just like when you restart following a hard reset.

Regards,

Kevin

Edited by kevinpwhite

Guest ice_rich
Normally good practice to do so, but in reality shouldn't make any difference - when you flash a ROM the process normally clears the content of the device ROM memory and then writes the new image into place. When you boot up the first time it is just like when you restart following a hard reset.

Regards,

Kevin

thanx for confirming kevin....just worried that the program ram was running too low with only 3 programs installed after installed rom.maybe spb hogging it.best regards rich

Guest Garfy Squirrell

Installed this the other day. So far I have had no complaints from people on the other end of the phone about the reception (And I have got in the habit of asking due to this phone)

I have found that the GPS Still drops out on a regular basis (Using CoPilot 8 Live without additional GPS software)

I have also found that they have tinkered with the touchscreen.

Previously I was finding it virtually impossible to use without a stylus. Basically I noticed that in the note pad application if I tried to draw lots of small circles over the screen the device had a habit of suddenly drawing a line from the top of the screen, The impact of this was when I was typing a text message all of a sudden I would somehow manage to select all the text and then delete it when I pressed the next letter (Very Annoying). Now I find the screen a little less responsive, but this fault appears have been addressed and improved. I put it to the test in the note pad drawing the crcles again and it does still have the fault, but less frequent.

All in All, I think this has improved the phone's biggest faults.

Still, not going to be risking the TG02, TG03 or even TG100!

They have put me off for life!

Guest pranderson
Suggest get yourself back to a working (old) WM6.5 ROM version; then try the clean download / install to formatted uSD route. If that still is causing problems, I'm afraid not quite sure what to suggest...

Regards,

Kevin

Got it! The trick was to have tg01_sddl+.exe rather than the sddl toshiba provided (found several links to it on XDA). I did have to PIN reset, but all is good now.

tg01_sddl_.exe

Guest Davidben83
dude.. if you already have 6.5 its prob was made in september 2009. this is a new version made in jan 2010 and is only released today. the old one is not available on the site anymore.

I also have the old version of 6.5. And it is not good on the sound quality. Can I install this version of 6.5 over it? Thanks