Theming your Pulse

Guest Rem1x

Guest klutsh
Just rememberd then that i have alrady put it on but the clock is still black :S is it to do with the java being fixed?

You need to apply the services.jar from the theme I attached earlier

Guest klutsh
Hi just wondering if there was anyway to change the bottom bar from blue to green when it is highlited, you know to stick with the other green highlights in the menus? thanks

You need to re-colour tray_handle_selected.png & tray_handle_pressed.png located in both Launcher.apk\res\drawable-land\ and Launcher.apk\res\drawable-port\

Guest Daniel Williamson
You need to apply the services.jar from the theme I attached earlier

Every time i try and select the theme from metamorph it just force closes every time :l

Guest Daniel Williamson
You have followed the De-Odex part?

There we go knew there was something. Thanks :)

Edit - Nope still doesnt work, am i doing it right ?

First i put my phone on recovery, plug usb in , run install on my pc, wait for that to finish, reboot, run metamorph, select the ultra espresso theme, apply all, then dont reboot, then when i selected the pulseblk, force closes again ?

Edited by Daniel Williamson

Guest Spooke
There we go knew there was something. Thanks :)

Edit - Nope still doesnt work, am i doing it right ?

First i put my phone on recovery, plug usb in , run install on my pc, wait for that to finish, reboot, run metamorph, select the ultra espresso theme, apply all, then dont reboot, then when i selected the pulseblk, force closes again ?

Do you have the De-Odex files in the same folder as the install.bat?

Guest Rem1x

And when all else fails, just make a nandroid, wipe and flash.

Then start again. Like I just did, heh.

edit: and again :)

Edited by Rem1x

Guest Daniel Williamson
Do you have the De-Odex files in the same folder as the install.bat?

Yeah there all there :S am i putting the pulse blk in the wrong place on my sd card? its on the android themes folder?

Guest Daniel Williamson

This is how it goes :

First i click on metamorph it does the checks then, i click exisitng theme:

post-621853-1269626181_thumb.jpg

Then i select the pulseblk file:

post-621853-1269626235_thumb.png

Then it force closes:

post-621853-1269626256_thumb.png

Guest Rem1x
This is how it goes :

First i click on metamorph it does the checks then, i click exisitng theme:

post-621853-1269626181_thumb.jpg

Then i select the pulseblk file:

post-621853-1269626235_thumb.png

Then it force closes:

post-621853-1269626256_thumb.png

Ah.

Got your problem.

Put all the files that were in the zip, in a folder, not like you have there, heh.

Guest Daniel Williamson

Ha quote fail above ^^^

Yeah worked that thanks alot :)

Will there be themes in the future that can be added ?

Thanks again

Guest Rem1x
Ha quote fail above ^^^

Yeah worked that thanks alot :)

Will there be themes in the future that can be added ?

Thanks again

No worries ;)

And yeah, I'll try work on a little database of themes that work already, and themes that I've ported, or Klutsh has ported, or who ever feels like porting a theme.

Guest Daniel Williamson
You need to re-colour tray_handle_selected.png & tray_handle_pressed.png located in both Launcher.apk\res\drawable-land\ and Launcher.apk\res\drawable-port\

Really appreciate your quick reply's thanks alot, but how would i go about changing the colour? i would say i am an end user and the most coding i know is a bit of html, aha.

I mean its not neccessary would just like everything to be in sync and all pretty ha ha :)

Guest Daniel Williamson

Great sounds good, looking forward to themes in the futute, much better than Open or panda home, laggging up my phone !

Guest Rem1x
Really appreciate your quick reply's thanks alot, but how would i go about changing the colour? i would say i am an end user and the most coding i know is a bit of html, aha.

I mean its not neccessary would just like everything to be in sync and all pretty ha ha :)

That's actually really easy, just change the colour of the image in photoshop(or gimp, or mspaint, what ever floats your boat)!

Guest twics

De-Odexing.

Step 1

Download this http://www.asificanrememberthat.com/de-ode...R-1.7-u8220.rar (you can thank klutsh on the Modaco forums for this)

Step 2

Unzip the folder in to the same folder as ADB

Im having trouble working this out, I think I have unziped the contents in the wrong place cause when I reboot after aplying framework everything is still the same no new shiny theme Anyone know what iv done wrong.

Thanks.

Guest Rem1x
De-Odexing.

Step 1

Download this http://www.asificanrememberthat.com/de-ode...R-1.7-u8220.rar (you can thank klutsh on the Modaco forums for this)

Step 2

Unzip the folder in to the same folder as ADB

Im having trouble working this out, I think I have unziped the contents in the wrong place cause when I reboot after aplying framework everything is still the same no new shiny theme Anyone know what iv done wrong.

Thanks.

Easy way to work this out.

Where is your adb.exe?

Where did you put the files?

Guest Daniel Williamson
No worries :)

And yeah, I'll try work on a little database of themes that work already, and themes that I've ported, or Klutsh has ported, or who ever feels like porting a theme.

That's actually really easy, just change the colour of the image in photoshop(or gimp, or mspaint, what ever floats your boat)!

No worries i found it. But whats interesting is that when i click it the iimages show a different bar to the one i have :S shows the one when i just installed the framework, not when i choose to install all three of them :

post-621853-1269631329_thumb.jpg

Sory about keep changing it, i found it now ha wrong unzip, but how do i get the image to be the same like the tint ? im only using ms painnt ha!

Edited by Daniel Williamson

Guest twics
Easy way to work this out.

Where is your adb.exe?

Where did you put the files?

Hi Thanks for your quick responce Iv managed to work it out, found my folder that has the ADB in it, I was looking on the phone instead of on the PC, just one thing though the google search widget has G1 writen on it and we have a pulse LOL just being pickie, got a black notification bar now though :)

Guest klutsh
No worries i found it. But whats interesting is that when i click it the iimages show a different bar to the one i have :S shows the one when i just installed the framework, not when i choose to install all three of them :

post-621853-1269631329_thumb.jpg

Sory about keep changing it, i found it now ha wrong unzip, but how do i get the image to be the same like the tint ? im only using ms painnt ha!

The files you need to edit will be in the theme you are using, if your using a custom Launcher you need to edit that instead.