Theming your Pulse

Guest Rem1x

Well, that's an obscure problem to have. I have no idea about that, sorry. Move away from the monitor?

i have already tried everything. i tried rebooting the phone several times and moving away from all metals.

i also went into recovery mode and tried to "fix apk uid mismathces" etc but it still did not work.

please help!!

Guest bas-r

Jesus, this was the worst thing to do with my phone: it keeps forced closing android acore etc.

Thank mate, you're 'tutorial' bricked my phone.

Guest Spooke
Jesus, this was the worst thing to do with my phone: it keeps forced closing android acore etc.

Lol :P , well you obviously did something wrong, because I had no problems, except for when I nandrestored (Which has nothing to do with this tutorial)

Guest xangma

Nandroid. No fault but your own if you didn't backup.

Edited by xangma

Guest Rem1x

What ever one else says, your own fault 'mate', you never followed the tutorial.

Step 1

Make a Nandroid backup

Just wipe and reflash, that should fix it ¬_¬

Guest klutsh

Well, the fact you can boot to force closing says it is in fact NOT 'bricked', a bricked phone is one that is just like a brick, wont turn on, nothing works, 100% dead.

Yours is just faulty.

I'm going to make a better de-odex pack, as this del /system/app/*.odex seems to be causing a few problems, as I only really ever made that pack for my specific kitchen build it may not work for everyone.

Guest John Hamelink

I'm using the elegance theme on my pulse, but the text on some of the buttons is black against an almost black background. How can I modify the text colour on buttons to be white or a lighter colour?

Guest klutsh
I'm using the elegance theme on my pulse, but the text on some of the buttons is black against an almost black background. How can I modify the text colour on buttons to be white or a lighter colour?

You need to edit a file either framework-res or services.jar, I never found out exactly the file, so never got to fixing it.

Guest John Hamelink
You need to edit a file either framework-res or services.jar, I never found out exactly the file, so never got to fixing it.

Is the info within the encrypted XML files? If so, how do I decrypt/re-encrypt them again?

Guest bas-r
Well, the fact you can boot to force closing says it is in fact NOT 'bricked', a bricked phone is one that is just like a brick, wont turn on, nothing works, 100% dead.

Yours is just faulty.

Yes I know, I was just mildly annoyed. In fact I still am, since I adb'd all the original .apk's + .odex files back to my phone (I took them from the downloadable rom), but now I've lost Roadsync.

After reading some extra posts from the TS, he seems to be not so technically skilled and doesn't really know what he's doing. I would recommend him NOT to write things like this, only if he really knows what he's doing/saying. This will only cause frustration with other users.

Guest Basher52

afaik the odex file is an optimized mlibary like the .apk file, just faster. The performance we loose through deodexing, can you feel it?

Guest Rem1x
Yes I know, I was just mildly annoyed. In fact I still am, since I adb'd all the original .apk's + .odex files back to my phone (I took them from the downloadable rom), but now I've lost Roadsync.

After reading some extra posts from the TS, he seems to be not so technically skilled and doesn't really know what he's doing. I would recommend him NOT to write things like this, only if he really knows what he's doing/saying. This will only cause frustration with other users.

But of course, YOU were clever enough to make a backup, so nothing was lost, RIGHT!?

You're the only one complaining here, you do this at your own risk, so stop complaining.

Feel free to suggest some changes to the tutorial, or shut up.

Guest xangma
But of course, YOU were clever enough to make a backup, so nothing was lost, RIGHT!?

You're the only one complaining here, you do this at your own risk, so stop complaining.

You are alright =P

Guest bas-r

Sorry mate, but I won't shut up. You seem to have built a half cooked tutorial, so yes I complain.

Please, work on that attitude, because you're acting like a dick here.

Guest xangma
Sorry mate, but I won't shut up. You seem to have built a half cooked tutorial, so yes I complain.

You are just being mean now. What are you trying to achieve by being this angry? What do you want from the people here? Write the tutorial yourself if it means this much to you, or leave the members of this forum alone.

Guest Rem1x

Well, if you felt it was half baked, don't use the badword thing, you can give it a read over first. The version number shows that it's not quite done, I know that.

Every one else coped with it, and the best thing is they probably made backups, so they could go straight back to what they had before!

What else do you want me to add, take away?

Guest Spooke

LOL, if u think its half cooked why did u even attempt it then? All of the others seemed to have used the tutorial fine..

Your fault for not doing a backup before you started this..

Also your saying that hes acting like a dick? look at yourself.. :P

I followed the tutorial, and ended up with the results I wanted. I'm sure many others here did also.

Rem1x has obviously spent time making the tutorial and replying to those with questions, so calm down, and approach your problem with a bit more courtesy.

Guest HunteronX
I followed the tutorial, and ended up with the results I wanted. I'm sure many others here did also.

Rem1x has obviously spent time making the tutorial and replying to those with questions, so calm down, and approach your problem with a bit more courtesy.

He's right - the tutorial worked for me too - even with the earlier versions.

Guest Willz

This thread looks great! One question though.. I'm not quite sure how to install "MCR 1.7 Vanilla". I have my Pulse rooted, but I haven't done anything else to it really, and I'd really like to make it look nice with themes etc.

Guest MistaJae

Just a quick question...does de-odexing your files have any adverse effect on the phone (speed, installing apps, future rom updates etc)? I've used all the home replacements and the phone is always faster without them! I really like the espresso theme (with black status bar) so I want to give it a try.

Any advice would be appreciated!