27/May r3 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Tattoo with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest stevebrush

hi, Paul, since my usb-briked desire is back to customer for repair (or change, I don't know), I play with my wife device wich is a tattoo, so I flashed it with a MoDaCo custom rom with app2sd++ :(

It's running fine but I still have few questions :

1 : is it safe to have tattoo-hack.ko always loaded (I put it here : /etc/init.d/50tweaks) to always have write access?

2 : I change cpu governor in /etc/init.d/50tweaks script to "ondemand", is it safe? why it was set to performance?

3 : is there any custom kernel that allow setcpu running correctly? for now only 480MHz & 528MHz allowed, doesn't change anythings when moving sliders.

4 : I saw some modules like lzo.ko..., is compcache somewhere? is it easy to install?

Thanks.

Stef.

Guest Paul

1. Yeah, as long as you don't delete anything importantg! :(

2. Yes, that's safe... and probably better than performance!

3. Hmmm, will look into that.

4. Compcache needs to be compiled against the kernel.

P

Guest stevebrush
3. Hmmm, will look into that.
thanks !

4. Compcache needs to be compiled against the kernel.
do we really need compcache ? will it speed up the device?

is it possible to make a kernel with this fonctionnality, so we can enable it or not in config file...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kontrola

is working THX ! best and fastest rom i tryed!

i dont care about 2.1 . only about Bluetooth transfer ! is it possible to do something about it ?

Edited by kontrola

is working THX ! best and fastest rom i tryed!

i dont care about 2.1 . only about Bluetooth transfer ! is it possible to do something about it ?

U can use bluetooth transfer with EStrong File manager (free on market)

A+

Jpq

Guest kontrola
can't u disable pin bluetooth security on nokia, or set it ti default 0000 ?

A+

Jpq

i did it and still no transfer , i tryed with pc and its same story , cant send or recive files !?

Guest kontrola

will it be new kernel (update from orange) herad its faster and battery last longer ?

and bluetooth transfer ?

Edited by kontrola

Guest odsamuels
New version online - complete with online kitchen! ;)

P

Changelog

r2

• Added online kitchen
  • Added fixed tattoo-hack.ko for system remount
  • Added dropbear SSH server option
  • Added A2SD option
  • Added swapper option
  • Added market patch option
  • Updated Google Maps

I installed the latest Baked ROM complete with all the add-ons to my Tattoo and after following the instructions, I still get the "Oops" message when I run the AppstoSD2.apk app.

The ROM installs ok and functions, but when I install apps, my internal memory (which is still small) keeps shrinking proportionately. I have a 16Gb card in there with a ~1.4GB ext2 partition and a 64MB swap.

I copied the a2sd.sh and init.rc scripts as indicated, rebooted a coupla times and still nothing. Can anyone help me out please?

Guest kontrola
I installed the latest Baked ROM complete with all the add-ons to my Tattoo and after following the instructions, I still get the "Oops" message when I run the AppstoSD2.apk app.

The ROM installs ok and functions, but when I install apps, my internal memory (which is still small) keeps shrinking proportionately. I have a 16Gb card in there with a ~1.4GB ext2 partition and a 64MB swap.

I copied the a2sd.sh and init.rc scripts as indicated, rebooted a coupla times and still nothing. Can anyone help me out please?

no need to install any app2sd software after you "bake" rom , just install aps , and they auto install on sd part. ext2/ext3 /aps

• 4 weeks later...
Guest dlazz

Hy Paul,

do you know how to move all dalvik-cache to /cache with your ROM. At the moment only the apps that are located in /system/app had there dalvik-cache in /cache, the market apps in /data.

I've tried this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...239&page=78 post 778

It worked, but my Tattoo then was a little bit unstable and boot time was 5x longer, so i think this is not the best way to do this.

Do you have any idea or solution to do that???

Guest derAfri

Hey everyone,

I tried to install modaco custom rom on my tattoo but after reboot i get a black screen(after the htc logo) if i do a hard reset it works but there isnt swapper(just super user...) what could i do wrong? i tried to download the zip again and put it again to the msd but it happens the same...

i checked the md5sum, too..... its positive...

please help and sorry for my bad german english ;-)

Guest derAfri

naja bis auf das mobile internet... bei geräte status steht zwar gprs aber wenn ich was mit internet machen will, kommt nur der verbindungsfehler....

edit: mein fehler: hatte keine apn daten gespeichert......

Edited by derAfri

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Scarala

I´m searching for app2sd for HTC Tattoo, but i can´t find it anywhere. I´ve already downloaded 2 zips and tried to install it, but they are not signed for tattoo, so the installation is aborted.

Can anyone help me pls?

I have installed the standard MoDaCo ROM r3 without integratet app2sd.

And my second question: I´d like to send and take Files via Bluetooth with my Tattoo. I have installed Bluex and Bluetooth File Transfer. The Root rights are given to these apps, but if i try to send something there comes the message: "Can't start OBEX OPP (Object push Profile) service search. Reason: Return value is "false"

Can anyone help me?

greetings

Scarala

• 2 weeks later...

Can you use ROM Manager to set this up? If not, does anyone have better instructions on using the custom recovery, the XDA instructions to it are pants!

Also, I guess we can use this ROM without rooting right?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest orangeandblue

Thanks, everything went swimmingly.

HOWEVER, WiFi no longer works. Networks are listed, and Connecting appears to work, then it toasts 'Disconnected'. Has anyone else had this problem?

EDIT: I flashed with the ROM without the MoDaCo additions, and it seems to work now. Thanks

Edited by orangeandblue

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...