r2

• Added online kitchen
  • Added fixed tattoo-hack.ko for system remount
  • Added dropbear SSH server option
  • Added A2SD option
  • Added swapper option
  • Added market patch option
  • Updated Google Maps

thats a wonderful job paul. we really appreciate ur hard work.

i wanted to include A2SD in r2 ROM, but as i am not in a condition to purchase modaco plus account, i couldn't do it. is there any way how i can include it please...

also i saw a screen shot of r2 MCR ROM installed on tattoo, in that about the phone option, i can see baseband version something like 13H_ ... like that. if i install this r2 MCR ROM, will my tattoo also have 13H_... baseband version ??? if the answer is yes, i would be the most happiest person in this whole world...

if not, i just wanna remind you that, as said by u on xda-forum, u would release/include it in the next release when u released first one....

have u dont that ? please i wanna know about it....

Guest Ilkin Jamalli
I haven't included the baseband as yet, i'll create a baseband installer today?

P

Paul do you know if that baseband will unlock our Tattoos?

Guest terminal 7

hi,

is it just me or is anyone else finding they cant download and install google maps 4.1.1 from market.

each time i try it reboots the phone and fails to update.

also and this goes for any tatto sense based rom, open browser on default page ( htc.com ) does browser forse close, mine does and i know 3 other phones that do, this is not the rom at fault, dunno what it is but seems all tattos are doing it, takes about 1 min to crash.

anyways, i love this rom - i alternate between this and a 2,1 eclair hybrid rom i made, this rom is definately the daily use rom of choice.

:P=====PEACE=====:(

Guest arturocr
hi,

is it just me or is anyone else finding they cant download and install google maps 4.1.1 from market.

each time i try it reboots the phone and fails to update.

also and this goes for any tatto sense based rom, open browser on default page ( htc.com ) does browser forse close, mine does and i know 3 other phones that do, this is not the rom at fault, dunno what it is but seems all tattos are doing it, takes about 1 min to crash.

anyways, i love this rom - i alternate between this and a 2,1 eclair hybrid rom i made, this rom is definately the daily use rom of choice.

:P=====PEACE=====:(

I have the same issue, when I try to update Maps the phone reboots! I don't know what is happening...

By the way, @terminal7 where can I find your eclair ROM? XDA thread is really big, so I lost through it.

Regards!

Guest Sashoks34

Hi Paul,

I tried to burn the r2 ROM but it fails during the installation.

I see the following:

E: Can't chown/mod /data/xbin/set_resolvconf

(No such file or directory)

E: Failure at line 356:

set_perm 000755 Data: xbin/set_resolvconf

Installation Aborted.

Then it returns to the Recovery menu.

I have the Maxerixx Root and Recovery from here

What i'm doing wrong ?

Guest gascharlie65

tattoomcrr2screenie1.pngtattoomcrr2screenie2.pngtattoomcrr2screenie3.png

I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo Custom ROM for the HTC Tattoo! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. ;)

About MoDaCo Custom ROMs

[...]

Enjoy! ;)

P

Dear Paul,

It seems I have problems with tun.ko module. Actually I could verify this problem because with your MCR at last (!) I could install openvpn.

It seems that something is wrong since it is not able to use tap0 (even when openvpn is activated).

Do you have an idea of the possible problem? Do you know if there is an update of tun.ko working with the kernel of MCR?

Many thanks!

Carlo

Guest davemm

I having the same problem mentioned earlier with the freeze/nothing happening on su permissions screen. USB debugging enabled as mentioned earlier. Not sure what to try next!

EDIT: a second reboot seems to fixed it!

Thanks for this, its great!

Edited by davemm

Guest simpson_lhs

Dear paul,

I am using your ROM Modaco R2 for Tattoo.

Great ROM.

One problem I encounter.

I need to have chinese input method.

I tried install another update.zip for HTC_CIME.apk from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=512530

After reboot, it kept telling me that

Sorry!

The application Touch Input (process com.htc.android.htcime) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

It repeated again & again. Keyboard totally gone.

Please assist.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Original_Illium

Someone please, please, help me!

I think I'm going mad! I have tried to load the custom rom I just baked (thanks Paul) & keep getting installation failed, installation aborting. It occurs about half way through the verifiction of the update package.

I'm running the mainfram3's custom recovery image, what is going on? I've tried re-formating the SD (& re-applying the gold.image to it). I've re-downloaded several times the rom using Paul's on-line kitchen....still same error, what is going on? Help!

Guest Original_Illium

I guess I'll have to answer my own pleas for help! As it turns out you have to use Mavericks recovery imagem mainfram3's would always fail verification! By the way for what it's worth my biggest problem performing the root + recovery using the link nsupplied at the start of this thread was not placing the files on my c: root! I was running everything from my NAS drive (drive letter z:)!

In the madness in the wee hours I must have at one stage placed the original (mainfram3's) files on my c: root, that's why it appeared to be the only which would work.

Thanks for the great ROM Paul.

• 2 weeks later...