[ROM] Xian v1 (LiquidE)

Guest xian1243

Guest Liquidini
Summary to let Xian understand better on what doesn't work and what to improve

-SMS on non-english configuration (solved with replacing MMS.apk with the one in this thread)

-Market process crashing

-5 row launcher FCs if you haven't deleted Acer widgets before

-HTC_ime FCs (i think that is better put a link to xda's disccussion, because that is the original app and it's updated by the author)

-Black SMS text and background (solved with replacing MMS.apk with the one in this thread)

-Market works ok for me

-Also confirm that with mms.apk the problem with the messages dont exist.also i restored about 200 messages and no lag.

-htc_imve v20 high resolution works ok without fc and with greek t9 :P))

problem

1)the slider in the contacts list dont show letters so cant slide to the one i want.

2)from sleep to on there is a big delay.maybe its from the setcpu profile.

only this too things :(

Guest simoneser
-Market works ok for me

-Also confirm that with mms.apk the problem with the messages dont exist.also i restored about 200 messages and no lag.

-htc_imve v20 high resolution works ok without fc and with greek t9 :P))

problem

1)the slider in the contacts list dont show letters so cant slide to the one i want.

2)from sleep to on there is a big delay.maybe its from the setcpu profile.

only this too things :(

Modified the post

I always install from the Xda's discussion: the developer it's there so we'll have new updates there... haven't tested with the Xian's HTC_ime

Don't have the 2 problems that you've reported.

Edited by simoneser

Just noticed something. The mms.apk from Liberated 1.2 works but the LED notification doesn't work...

EDIT: Touiteur update: force close. Does anybody else have this problem.

Edited by bais

I'm using mms.apk from liberated 1.2, after I've installed Handcent sms.

All ok, led + notification perfect, no crash.

This rom it's perfect and the fastest avaiable, I've only substitude the contact.apk and mms.apk

:P

THANKS Xian !

Guest xian1243

Just got home. :P

- SMS on non-english configuration *trying to fix...*

- Market process crashing *I have no problems here, but will investigate*

- 5 row launcher FCs if you haven't deleted Acer widgets before *I'm working on it, Nexus One launcher will fix this.*

- HTC_IME *for some reason, it only works if we push it. I'll upload his latest v21 in .apk form, for you guys to push*

- Black SMS text and background *NOT A BUG - it's a feature :( to get back to white background, just disable in MMS.apk settings!*

- My contacts shows the letters... I need more info.

Just a quick note, I can't do any real work on the ROM tonight, I don't have time, but report bugs as they come (if ;D) and I'll get to it this week-end.

Edited by xian1243

Guest Liquidini
- My contacts shows the letters... I need more info.

dsc00220large.th.jpg

it has only the english alphabet letters. when i want to go to greek alphabet i cant.

i am also uploading a video with the 0.5b :P

Edited by Liquidini

Guest thongrim
Wonder why I don't have notifications. Anyway did someone else tried latest version of Touiteur? It FC since the update, dunno why.

For touiteur, did you run odex script when you installed the ROM? Because in that case you have to rerun it again everytime you upgrade some app.

Hope it worked for you, as it did for me

Guest xian1243

Yeah... the odex script takes the apk and caches it, so if you update, you also need to update the cache. :P

Going to bed soon, I'm making a list of things to do in v0.5c.

v0.6 will come after... if there is anything to be done... Since the official .bin is coming out soon (which will still have bugs, I'm sure), I'll rebase the Desire theme, mods, etc, install custom binaries, busybox, zipalign, etc, optimize apps... remove acer stuff... etc.

Even the official donut ROM had bugs (one which is fixed in this eclair, not being able to define Voicemail number in call settings).

Guest Burdin

Xian,

Thanks for your ROM.

v.0.5(Russian language) + Desire mod + mms.apk from this topic works fine.

This ROM is really fast!!!

I found only one bug: don't works keys backlight...

Xian thank you for Great Job!

I have idea about sms/mms trouble...

May Be all promblem in time?

On English language we have AM/PM,on Russian and another have 24 hours)

Guest fortelux

thx a lot for your great job, i had just replace contacts and keyboard by flash them,now everything looks like really fast and furious! just one thing crash, fring! I have skype credit and sometimes i use it for calling all over the world,could u take a look pls?

Thank u so much again

Aurevoir

Guest xian1243

Hello everybody... I can't work on it tonight, I'm exhausted and need some rest. I'll work on it tomorrow. I've written down everything you guys have reported, so v0.5c should come soon enough. ;)

I'm free for the next two weeks, so expect some nice additions to the ROM.

Buona notte, bonne nuit, good night, everybody. ;)