[ROM] Xian v1 (LiquidE)

Guest xian1243

Guest Rajit

@xian

now i only have one wish: if only it could have the themes (power control bar, top panel) like lcr 1.7, this rom would be DELICIOUS!!!! Any suggestions???

Guest xian1243

I'll make sure the themes you're referencing to work. Any framework-res.apk/service.jar theme for 1.100.39 will work on my ROM, but until I've tested them, please wait. Please not that most of the themes for the Liquid interfere with my ROM as they overwrite system files that may nor not be compatible.

Edited by xian1243

Guest Rajit
I'll make sure the themes you're referencing too work. Any framework-res.apk/service.jar theme for 1.100.39 will work on my ROM, but until I've tested them, if you flash them please nandroid first. No guarantee.

thanks a million!!! but i have no idea what themes they use... they come pre-installed :angry:

Guest djinferno806
What's the differences between oc998 v1.275 and 1.3?

one of them runs 998mhz while using 1.275 volts and the other runs it while using 1.3 volts.

im assuming some people's liquids cant run 1ghz smoothly without the extra voltage bumb.

use whats best for you. but i think 1.3v eats your battery up more considerably.

Guest Peterfdevries

Is it possible to install the OC'ed version (960 mhz) on the official Acer Rom? And would that make a clear difference with the stock 785 mhz Kernel?

Guest akira.pwr
one of them runs 998mhz while using 1.275 volts and the other runs it while using 1.3 volts.

im assuming some people's liquids cant run 1ghz smoothly without the extra voltage bumb.

use whats best for you. but i think 1.3v eats your battery up more considerably.

Oh, thanks, do you think the 1.3 volted is more stable? Battery consuption isn't a problem for me.

Guest Quipeace
What's the differences between oc998 v1.275 and 1.3?

The voltage :angry:

Anyway, the browser feels very smooth, pages seem to scrol way better than before.

Edit: didn't notice page 40, sorry. if 1.275V is stable 1.3V wo.t make a difference.

Edited by Quipeace

Guest djinferno806
Oh, thanks, do you think the 1.3 volted is more stable? Battery consuption isn't a problem for me.

ya pretty much what quipeace just said.

If you can get away with 1.275v and its stable then your good to go. try it and run some benchmarks and stress tests to see if it is. if not then go with the 1.3v version.

BTW xian, amazing rom, i have it running and its a treat. responsiveness is amazing.

thank you so much, and the undervolting is defintely making a difference in battery life. I almost dont want to set up any setcpu profiles, just let her run the way the kernel dictates.

Guest xian1243

You can use the Boot addon on the stock ROM, yes, but there are scripts in it that only work in my ROM. So no promises. Should work fine though.

@Quipeace I'm glad somebody noticed the browser speedup. :angry:

Edited by xian1243

Guest Dona'
You can use the Boot addon on the stock ROM, yes, but there are scripts in it that only work in my ROM. So no promises. Should work fine though.

@Quipeace I'm glad somebody noticed the browser speedup. :angry:

I installed a theme which replaced browser.apk. Will this cancel the browser speed up ?

Guest djinferno806

^ im curious as well about this, i use dolphin browser anyway. Im assuming the improvements only affect the stock browser?

Guest xian1243

The browser speed-up is mostly done in the system libraries. If it's a theme that was made for 1.100.39, that's even better. Replacing it shouldn't mess with the speed, although it may, you'll have to test it out.

:angry:

Edited by xian1243

Guest Dona'

Ok thanks for you fast reply, I'll try to take a look at this and see if it seems smoother than before. (And yes it is a .39 theme)

Thanks again for you rom, and, it has nothing to do with this, but I just noticed there is a problem in the first post. There's a problem with v0.7 download link ... Not very important though.

Edited by Dona'

Guest xian1243

@Dona' Check first post. :angry:

I'm going to bed now...

Good night all, and enjoy!

Update: Galaxy S theme added (thanks Simoneser!)

Really going to bed now. :D

Edited by xian1243

Guest L0cu7us

i've try to activate apps2sd from recovery and -> loop on acer + sound :-(

anyone can confirm ?

thanks !

GREAT WORK Xian :angry:

EDIT: Apps2sd is activated just after installation, no need to activate at all ! (if you already have the partition!)

Edited by L0cu7us

Guest djinferno806

i only have like 10 small android wallpaper pictures on my memory card. i remember seeing a gscript gallery fix but it doesnt work, just sais it cant find "fixgallery.sh"

where are gscripts supposed to go in the sd card for them to work?

Guest Dona'

You need LCR 1.7 for this script to work.

Try deleting these folders : sdcard/android/data/com.cooliris.media sdcard/android/data/provider something ...I don't remember the name of the second folder I think it's mediaprovider or something.

Edit : If it doesn't work after that, try rebooting.

Edited by Dona'

Guest djinferno806

i dont have that folder on my sdcard. i tried rebooting multiple times and nothing :D the gallery opens up but wont show any photos or videos.

*EDIT* actually i rebooted once more and now its working. Im kind of confused but ok lol. :angry:

Edited by djinferno806