[ROM] Xian v1 (LiquidE)

Guest xian1243

Guest Quipeace
Added new Vibrant LWP to OP. It's an addon, flash in recovery.

Do live wallpapers run smoothly with Launcherpro on your Liquid? Here it slows down significantly, to the point it's barely usable.

Guest Quipeace

Alright, my liquid has been running for just under 5.5 hours and so far the battery life is awesome, I didn't use it too much, since I was at work, but I still have 90% of the total capacity left!

The battery usage graph is a little different from what I'm used to see, the android system has jused 77%, followed by cell standby at 11% and phone idle at 10%. I barely used Wifi, so that's only 3%.

Android system seems to be using more than before, at least compared to cell standby and phone idle, but perhaps they're just using less.

Long story short: Battery life is great! (using the 960MHz kernel now)

Guest Rajit

i know ive already said this.. but its a GREAT rom... with the vanilla kernel, it was smooth, but somehow, felt a little "tight" (dunno why).. then i flashed 998 Mhz at 1.3v... on first boot, my phone hung.. on later boots, it went into constant reboots... In short 1.3v didn't work for me... Then i flashed 998 at 1.275... and now i must say that the phone is just wow!!!

plus xian's port of galaxyquid is very nice.. i really appreciate the work done by simoneser (much of the credits for the theme go to u), but i must say that i hated the icons (not simoneser's fault, the galaxy s has UGLY icons)

p.s. galaxy s is a beast of a phone with a very bright screen and great performance.. but touchwiz is unusable (perhaps launcherpro has spoilt me) and all the icons are UGH-GLEE!!!

Guest Quipeace
i know ive already said this.. but its a GREAT rom... with the vanilla kernel, it was smooth, but somehow, felt a little "tight" (dunno why).. then i flashed 998 Mhz at 1.3v... on first boot, my phone hung.. on later boots, it went into constant reboots... In short 1.3v didn't work for me... Then i flashed 998 at 1.275... and now i must say that the phone is just wow!!!

plus xian's port of galaxyquid is very nice.. i really appreciate the work done by simoneser (much of the credits for the theme go to u), but i must say that i hated the icons (not simoneser's fault, the galaxy s has UGLY icons)

p.s. galaxy s is a beast of a phone with a very bright screen and great performance.. but touchwiz is unusable (perhaps launcherpro has spoilt me) and all the icons are UGH-GLEE!!!

Sorry to say, but if your phone froze at 1.3V, it's just a matter of time before it will freeze again.

I definitely agree with your opinion on the Touchwiz UI, I don't understand how they managed to make a UI deadly slow on such a powerful device... (I've had one in my hands, it really is a shame).

Guest Delnar_Ersike
Sorry to say, but if your phone froze at 1.3V, it's just a matter of time before it will freeze again.

Not necessarily. I recently flashed to Xian 0.9 and tried both the 1.3V and 1.275V 998 Mhz OC'ed patch. My Liquid frequently froze on the 1.3V version, but it's been running smoothly for 9 hours straight on the 1.275V version. Theoretically, 1.3V is supposed to be more stable, but that hasn't proven to be the case with my Liquid, and it probably isn't just mine that's behaving this way. This has been the case with all the ROMs I have tried so far.

Edited by Delnar_Ersike

Guest Rajit
Not necessarily. I recently flashed to Xian 0.9 and tried both the 1.3V and 1.275V 998 Mhz OC'ed patch. My Liquid frequently froze on the 1.3V version, but it's been running smoothly for 9 hours straight on the 1.275V version. Theoretically, 1.3V is supposed to be more stable, but that hasn't proven to be the case with my Liquid, and it probably isn't just mine that's behaving this way. This has been the case with all the ROMs I have tried so far.

Same with me... but lets see what happens.. keeping my fingers crossed... Will report any future events...

Guest fenguri

Hello all,

i´ve checked this ROM today and i like it.

i was only wondering that i can´t save my contacts onto the phone, just on my SIM.

is there a workaround to save contact´s onto the phone cause on my SIM i can only save 1 name/number.

sorry, maybe it´s a stupid question but i´m new in this scene :angry:

sorry again for my bad english, hope my question is understandble :D

thanks in advance

Guest Dona'
Sound Recorder (don't know the english name of the app in french it is "enregistreur") crashes when launching.

Actually it crashes when recording a sound, sorry.

Guest eumate

I definitely agree with your opinion on the Touchwiz UI, I don't understand how they managed to make a UI deadly slow on such a powerful device... (I've had one in my hands, it really is a shame).

1.3V on scorpion was causing severe cache error in the nexus one, maybe this is the cause of freezes.

Guest Master_T

Am I the only one that finds this rom extremely slow? Stuttering animations/scrolling, slow app opening... is it just the way the rom is or am I missing something?

Guest Delnar_Ersike
Am I the only one that finds this rom extremely slow? Stuttering animations/scrolling, slow app opening... is it just the way the rom is or am I missing something?

Try checking how much free RAM you have. If it's below 30 MB, then that's the problem.

Try checking your CPU frequency and/or setting it manually to stay at a higher clock speed with SetCPU.

Try reinstalling LauncherPro.

Actually it crashes when recording a sound, sorry.

I can confirm this issue. The Sound Recorder app force closes the moment I press the "+" button to start recording.

Edited by Delnar_Ersike

Guest Rajit

ok i have a friend who also owns a liquid.. right now he's using stock .39 (i dont know how he tolerates it) but would soon like to switch to a custom rom (i recomended xian for its sheer speed, but he's really tempted by dolby mobile so would probably go for lcr).. he saw my xian and is totally sold on the boot animation (which is REALLY beautiful!!!) and would like it on his rom ...

so, my question is... how to get this boot animation on some other rom???

p.s. Dolby mobile spoiled me.. i miss it... but i just cant lose this smoothness, so im sticking with xian... just wish the devs find some way of porting dolby to all other roms...

Guest Rajit
Do you plan to sign the zip ?, because i can't flash not signed zip from Malez recovery.

Thanks for your work

u can flash an unsigned zip.. it is the second option in the flash/test menu of malez recovery..

Edited by Rajit