[ROM] Xian v1 (LiquidE)

Guest xian1243

Guest liquid_it

I'm wondering what is DxDrm service about. I understand it's used to manage drm protected contents, but I'm asking if there a "real case" where this is needed (some streaming service, or whatever)

If there's no real need of this service for everyday use, I bet we can disable it from boot image safely.

Btw @xian: how do you managed to remove logging? is it just related to the 2 libs in /system/lib/

Thanks!

Guest L0cu7us

never see a ROM better than this, is amazing fast!

battery is ok, when app2sd will work, this is for me the latest eclair-based i think :angry:

Guest Quipeace

I'm just curious, but do you guys really run out of internal memory that fast? or do you just like the feeling of having apps on the SD?

Guest xian1243

I have 50+ apps and still half of my memory left. I'm working on apps2sd, but personally I've never used it. No bloat is my motto.

:angry:

Guest liquid_it
I'm just curious, but do you guys really run out of internal memory that fast? or do you just like the feeling of having apps on the SD?

my dalvik + app size on ext2 partition is about 300 MB, while I have 22MB free on /data partition (which contains just app data, atm)

I'd say, yes I run out of memory fast.. until we get froyo!! :angry:

Guest L0cu7us

yes, i like to have many app i can need in future, since i cannot remember the name and or to have an active connection to download them...

maps, sygic, earth etc are real memory hungry...

Guest Quipeace
I have 50+ apps and still half of my memory left. I'm working on apps2sd, but personally I've never used it. No bloat is my motto.

:D

Definitely agree with you there :angry:

@above, one word: wow o.0'.

Guest android76

Can we expect a release tonight ? :angry:

and is it possible to integrate the Galaxy S music player in your ROM ? it would be awesome

Edited by android76

Guest simoneser
It'll be no-wipe, don't worry. :angry: I'll have one version wipe, another non-wipe.

Almost done guys.

Xian I'm doing a bootscreen like the old i did for phhusson...i don't like the one there's now...it would be great if you can make a boot.img with that (i use the stock boot.img).

I'll post it here in a few minutes :D

EDIT-

Here it is ;)

(well, it seems something "hard" :D)

post-330096-1279661224_thumb.png

Edited by simoneser

Guest xian1243

Sure thing. I'll add to next release. Won't be for tonight though, and I'll be gone tomorrow. Life is calling my name. :D

I'll have most of it done for Thursday. :angry:

Thanks a bunch simoneser. I'll add it to the credits!

Good night all.

Guest Rajit

im using the 998mhz boot at 1.275v for the past few days... well so far, the performance is smoothe and goood... but i do have one problem.. Random reboots (although they only happen once or maybe twice in a day)..

Guest uzirox
Xian I'm doing a bootscreen like the old i did for phhusson...i don't like the one there's now...it would be great if you can make a boot.img with that (i use the stock boot.img).

I'll post it here in a few minutes :angry:

EDIT-

Here it is :D

(well, it seems something "hard" ;))

lulz..... it reminds me "2girls1cup" :D (non te la prendereeeee!!! :( )

(PLEASE if you don't know what 2girls1cup is, DON'T google it... trust me!!!)

Guest Rajit
lulz..... it reminds me "2girls1cup" :angry: (non te la prendereeeee!!! ;) )

(PLEASE if you don't know what 2girls1cup is, DON'T google it... trust me!!!)

EWWW!!! Dude stop thinking!! nasty :D

and people... DON'T GOOGLE IT!!!

Edited by Rajit

Guest Quipeace
EWWW!!! Dude stop thinking!! nasty :angry:

and people... DON'T GOOGLE IT!!!

Agreed, protect yourself people, resist the urge to google. o.0'.

Anyway, what about defining all frequencies instead of having all the different kernels? In the times of Disco's kernel I heard that having too many frequencies slowed down the whole thing?

Guest Rajit
I've already added 4 custom frequencies to each boot.img. That should be enough.

ok, a noob question.. how do i choose b/w them?

p.s. on the usual "on-demand" scaling in set cpu, i get avg. linpack scores of 6.5-6.7 and on "performance" scaling, i get avg of 7.1-7.2... on the other hand, my brother's galaxy s, without any mods or customizations, other than a "disabled" launcherpro, gets avg. scores of 8.1-8.3..

this is actually kinda nice considering the piece of junk "official" roms we've been using as bases... good work... :angry:

and finally, xian i don't know what aspect of a rom affects this, but scrolling seems to be an issue throughout all the roms.. the only app that scrolls without lags or breaks is music mod.. and even though apps run fast, the scrolling gives a negative impression about the performance of the rom