[ROM] Xian v1 (LiquidE)

Guest xian1243

Guest Quipeace
ok, a noob question.. how do i choose b/w them?

p.s. on the usual "on-demand" scaling in set cpu, i get avg. linpack scores of 6.5-6.7 and on "performance" scaling, i get avg of 7.1-7.2... on the other hand, my brother's galaxy s, without any mods or customizations, other than a "disabled" launcherpro, gets avg. scores of 8.1-8.3..

this is actually kinda nice considering the piece of junk "official" roms we've been using as bases... good work... :angry:

and finally, xian i don't know what aspect of a rom affects this, but scrolling seems to be an issue throughout all the roms.. the only app that scrolls without lags or breaks is music mod.. and even though apps run fast, the scrolling gives a negative impression about the performance of the rom

The scrolling here seems absolutely fine, do you have an example of where it's slow?

Guest xaueious

Scroll issues is probably the up freq thresholds... stuff in the on_demand driver.

Or it could be that the voltage isn't really stable...

Edited by xaueious

Guest judeh101

I just tried this out cause I didn't like the LCR that much. I loved the Xian, and it's awesome. The only thing that could be changed is the startup logo :( I'm not an anime person lol

Guest umair9001

Is the TS patch applied to the kernel in 998Mhz 1.3V?

The TS sensitivity seems to be low even after putting the touchpad and keypad sensitivity on high. Any chances of increasing thru gscript here?

Guest jdouce

Excellent update Xian, for a excellent ROM

No one else has mentioned it, so i assume its just me.

When I enable apps2sd in recovery it hangs during the boot up,

any ideas?

Guest yodavid
Excellent update Xian, for a excellent ROM

No one else has mentioned it, so i assume its just me.

When I enable apps2sd in recovery it hangs during the boot up,

any ideas?

This is why we say that App2Sd doesn't work..

Guest Rajit

well something that ive been noticing lately... when u click on a text input bar, the keyboard (using htc ime) takes a little too long to appear.. and when the keyboard is open, if i switch between landscape and potrait mode, the keyboard goes a little crazy, and the whole process takes a little longer than it should... the slow loading does not always happen, but when i switch from potrait to landscape with keyboard on, its slow...

using 0.9 with 998 mhz at 1.275v

Edited by Rajit

Guest Rajit
try to put htc_ime mod in the ignore list of your task killer

well right now the only "task killer" that i have is auto killer, and it doesnt seem to have such an option..

Guest xian1243

That bug is an ANDROID general bug... just to let you know, Android was not perfectly coded, and still contains many bugs. If you experience lag with the keyboard, that's not due to anything in my ROM, but many factors. What you're already running, Android bugs, CPU speed... etc.

Not much I can do...

I've had that bug since donut, just to let you know. It doesn't happen all the time either.

And you don't need to set it to ignore, android shouldn't kill it unless you're using a Task Manager, which you shouldn't.

Edited by xian1243

Guest Quipeace
Why shouldn't we use a task manager?

There we go again.

Because of a number of reasons:

1. If android runs out of memory it will kill a running task, I never looked into what task it actually kills but I assume the one that you last used, in short: unused ram is wasted ram, or at least in the world of Android.

2. Applications have a number of "states" it can be in, and it can respond to certain changes. For instance, when you press the home button, the application you were in will run the "onPause" method, if an application is multithreaded it's either supposed to let you know there's still a task running, or stop (/pause) everything it was doing to conserve battery and resources.

That's also described in "the lifetime of an activity" if you want to know more about that.

3. Using an appkiller often makes the system feel "snappier", however using the appkiller itself takes both time and resourses. on top of that, if you decide that you want to download an app, you will have to completely restart the market because you the appkiller killed it. All in all more time is used than saved, especially when killing network-connected apps like the market, they often take long to load.

I personally suggest "jkappswitch", it's a great application that you can use to switch between apps by holding the search button, and if an application hangs you can also kill it if you want to.

Guest jdouce
There we go again.

Because of a number of reasons:

1. If android runs out of memory it will kill a running task, I never looked into what task it actually kills but I assume the one that you last used, in short: unused ram is wasted ram, or at least in the world of Android.

2. Applications have a number of "states" it can be in, and it can respond to certain changes. For instance, when you press the home button, the application you were in will run the "onPause" method, if an application is multithreaded it's either supposed to let you know there's still a task running, or stop (/pause) everything it was doing to conserve battery and resources.

That's also described in "the lifetime of an activity" if you want to know more about that.

3. Using an appkiller often makes the system feel "snappier", however using the appkiller itself takes both time and resourses. on top of that, if you decide that you want to download an app, you will have to completely restart the market because you the appkiller killed it. All in all more time is used than saved, especially when killing network-connected apps like the market, they often take long to load.

I personally suggest "jkappswitch", it's a great application that you can use to switch between apps by holding the search button, and if an application hangs you can also kill it if you want to.

Thanks very interesting.

I'll give jkappswitch a go, I'll give it a week and see how it gose :(

Guest dennerjw
v0.9 VS lcr 1.7 ?

can anyone make any comparison?

From my personal experience 0.9 seems to run more smoothly than LCR1.7, probably because it isnt based on a stream dump. I also find 0.9 "cleaner" and much more streamlined.

Just my .02

Guest xaueious
Xian I'm doing a bootscreen like the old i did for phhusson...i don't like the one there's now...it would be great if you can make a boot.img with that (i use the stock boot.img).

I'll post it here in a few minutes :(

EDIT-

Here it is :(

(well, it seems something "hard" :P)

If you want to use it, replace this in the ramdisk and repack

initlogo.rle.zip

Guest pipajoja

very very nice and snappy rom xian, thank you so much

just one thing, it's DEFINITELY NOT a bug or what, anyway

how is it possible to change the value for home button long press to switch between tasks?

i dun feel like i want to wait for a whole second, lol

Guest Delnar_Ersike
very very nice and snappy rom xian, thank you so much

just one thing, it's DEFINITELY NOT a bug or what, anyway

how is it possible to change the value for home button long press to switch between tasks?

i dun feel like i want to wait for a whole second, lol

I think the length of the delay is hardcoded into the Android system. It's so you don't accidentally go to the task switcher when you just want to go to the launcher.

Edited by Delnar_Ersike

I think that's hardcoded into the Android system. It's so you don't accidentally go to the task switcher when you just want to go to the launcher. Same thing with long pressing the menu button to get the on-screen keyboard and long pressing the search button to get voice search.

This is a bad example (with a long press on the search button) as you can replace the function (for example with jkappswitch or Handcent). :(

Probably should've read more carefully *G*

Edited by Ayur

Guest Delnar_Ersike
This is a bad example (with a long press on the search button) as you can replace the function (for example with jkappswitch or Handcent). :(

True, but pipajoja is trying to reduce the delay of the long-press functions of the capacitive buttons. You can replace the functions themselves, but as far as I know, you can't change the delay. Still, edited original post to be more accurate.

Edited by Delnar_Ersike