[ROM] Xian v1 (LiquidE)

Guest xian1243

Guest Quipeace
True, but pipajoja is trying to reduce the delay of the long-press functions of the capacitive buttons. You can replace the functions themselves, but as far as I know, you can't change the delay. Still, edited original post to be more accurate.

You might be able to change the primary function of the home button, but as far as I know you can't do it system wide, at least not programatically. Perhaps there's a config somewhere?

Guest Ramdanih
Very stable, you won't be disappointed :(

thx for your answare..

before, I try LCR 1.7.2.. but something application force close.. :(

Guest Chadski

*sigh* I am fed up downloading from Rapidshare, Megaupload, etc.. My download seems not to start..

@xian

would it be possible for you to upload the files via google code or in mediafire?

Guest dennerjw

Flashing the 883mhz boot results in permanent bootloop, good thing i made a backup first. Anyone else experience this? (Liquid E on 1.100.39)

Guest Brunkarn
And you don't need to set it to ignore, android shouldn't kill it unless you're using a Task Manager, which you shouldn't.

But why do you say this in the main post:

Autokiller :

Either set to Aggressive, or to Extreme settings.

Guest xian1243

Android's built-in memory handler is not a Tast killer! Autokiller only tweaks android's default system. IT IS NOT A TASK KILLER.

Guest foreman
Android's built-in memory handler is not a Tast killer! Autokiller only tweaks android's default system. IT IS NOT A TASK KILLER.

It's possibile to have this kernel for acer liquid (not E edition) with the compcache enabled?

What's appen if i installa in my acer liquid (not E edition), it's worwing?

It's possible to have the kernel source? i will try to compile for my liquid (with compcache)

Guest xian1243

ramzswap = compcache (check first post) and it's already included in my ROM. It will be fine on your liquid :(

Any beta testers for Xian LiquidE v1?

If so, please join me in the IRC chatroom, #acer-liquid-users on freenode.net

Thanks

Edited by xian1243

Guest Fleet-C
v1 released. Check first post.

Enjoy,

Xian

Simples and fast as usual

Sound seems improved altough I usually don't use my liquid for music.

Guest Delnar_Ersike
v1 released. Check first post.

Enjoy,

Xian

Thanks! Could you provide a 998 Mhz OC boot? As of now, the OC boot only goes up to 960 Mhz.

EDIT: After using it for a while, I noticed Xian v1 drains my battery a lot faster than v0.9 did (like 2% every minute). I am using the OC boot of v1 and previously used v0.9 @ 998Mhz. WiFi is turned on, but Bluetooth, GPS, and 3G are all turned off. According to my battery manager, Android System is using up most of the juice (37%).

Edited by Delnar_Ersike

Guest amdnikos
Thanks! Could you provide a 998 Mhz OC boot? As of now, the OC boot only goes up to 960 Mhz.

EDIT: After using it for a while, I noticed Xian v1 drains my battery a lot faster than v0.9 did (like 2% every minute). I am using the OC boot of v1 and previously used v0.9 @ 998Mhz. WiFi is turned on, but Bluetooth, GPS, and 3G are all turned off. According to my battery manager, Android System is using up most of the juice (37%).

Do u use autokiller?

Guest Delnar_Ersike
Do u use autokiller?

Yes, MinFreeManager, I have it at the mild preset (starts killing apps @ 48 MB free). And I have a task killer as well, though I only use it for those panic moments when my phone is as slow as molasses, or when I want to exit an app I can't otherwise close.

Guest amdnikos
Yes, MinFreeManager, I have it at the mild preset (starts killing apps @ 48 MB free). And I have a task killer as well, though I only use it for those panic moments when my phone is as slow as molasses, or when I want to exit an app I can't otherwise close.

remove autokiller and u ll be surprised. It drains my battery 300% faster.

Guest Delnar_Ersike
remove autokiller and u ll be surprised. It drains my battery 300% faster.

It wouldn't reduce battery drain, at least not removing MinFreeManager. Android has a built-in app killer function if it gets low on RAM. The only thing an automatic killer does (or is supposed to do IMO) is set the built-in app killer's limits as to when Android starts automatically killing apps.

Guest britbloke

How does the video camera perform when compared to LCR 1.7.2?

I found the Xian 0.9 video camera app to be lacking compared to LCR.