[ROM] Xian v1 (LiquidE)

Guest xian1243

Guest rafyvitto

Guys anyone else experiencing this problem , i've been trying to track down whats causing it, i think its the "auto band switching", as were i im there almost no 3g in the 1900 band, so il switch to 2g ony, i want so if this stops the problem from happening, this dint happend 4 days ago because i was in bridgeport CT were's theres 3g everywere, and so the phone dint had to switch bands ever, anyways do you guys have any other suggestions???

Guest simoneser

Before wipe i tried music with earphone...OMG it sounds amazing...absolutely FANTASTIC

You are the best, really.

Now wipe and see if it still fc....

Guest xian1243

That's wierd, my MMS.apk is working fine... I'll upload an update.zip that cleans the MMS cache, and that reinstalls the app. I'm glad you like it. Expect the zip in 5 minutes. I can't reproduce the problem (I flashed the v0.5b, over a clean .bin flash).

Guest simoneser

Nothing..wiped all but it's not working also with ignoring everything in initial configure, so no sync....strange...

waiting for update fix :P

Guest xian1243

It's just a cache error. I had the same problem with HTC_IME myself... Deleting the individual cache files fixes the FC. Uploading in 2 minutes, making update.zip.

Blame ACER for their wacky configs...

Edited by xian1243

Guest Piter1225
It's just a cache error. I had the same problem with HTC_IME myself... Deleting the individual cache files fixes the FC. Uploading in 2 minutes, making update.zip.

Blame ACER for their wacky configs...

Dude, its better to work longer on one thing, than upload 10 hotfixes in one day... :P

Guest rafyvitto
Radio problems aren't ROM related... I don't know what to tell you... What US carrier are you on, AT&T, rogers, T-Mobile?

Yes i know bro, the issue is not on your side(rom) its on the oem rom it self, im on at&t, if its rom related il need to flash the amss.bin from the previous beta as these contain the radio part of the rom, but has anyone been able to disable the liquid bin's? btw did you read my post over here http://android.modaco.com/content-page/305...6-bin/page/40/# , i switch to '2g only" and the device keep't on behaving the same, now i turned of 'data connections and background data sync, the device hasn't experienced the problem as of yet, anyways thank you for your answer appreciated xian.

Guest xian1243

Sorry for uploading to depositfiles... Megaupload, mediafire, multiupload, don't work for me...

http://depositfiles.com/files/orb6ygnzk

Run that in gscript (like the odex script, directions in OP).

That should clean the MMS app, and HTC_IME app, to get rid of FCs. Backup your SMS before.

P.S. I find that restoring old SMS causes problems, nothing I can do there...

@Piter1225 I've flashed, and reflashed v0.5b dozens of times, and have not had any of these problems. They are most likely cause by old/restored SMS. I could flash this ROM 100 times, and never once get a problem... I can't do much if you guys don't tell me exactly what you had before, what apps you have, and what addons you use.

I test everything thoroughly before releasing (I flash .bin, then update.zip, check for bugs, if I find a bug, I redo zip, reflash .bin, and start over again...). Apps are very picky when it comes to cache, if the cache is for an older app, the app will FC. I can't do anything about that. The script will erase the cache...

Please try the script.

Christian

Edited by xian1243

Guest xian1243

The Liquid isn't compatible with AT&T's 3G network... it was made for T-mobile frequencies (same in europe). The old radio won't work with the new ROM... :P I can double check, but for the 3G frequencies that AT&T use, you're going to get very spotty coverage.

Try double checking your APN settings, and also try manually selecting AT&T in Wireless networks -> Network Operators -> Search Networks. That usually helps.

Edited by xian1243

Guest tanoxxx

I get the this error i cant open sms!

Processocom.android.mms

Why??

I want use this rom but in this way is not possible without have sms..

Can you help me

Please

Edited by tanoxxx

Guest xian1243

I need more info (what ROM were you using before, EVIL, LCR, Xian, if so, what version...), in order to give you the right diagnostic.

Edited by xian1243

Guest rafyvitto
The Liquid isn't compatible with AT&T's 3G network... it was made for T-mobile frequencies (same in europe). The old radio won't work with the new ROM... :P I can double check, but for the 3G frequencies that AT&T use, you're going to get very spotty coverage.

Try double checking your APN settings, and also try manually selecting AT&T in Wireless networks -> Network Operators -> Search Networks. That usually helps.

Yeah it is bro i had full hsdpa in bridgeport CT, US, and i get hsdpa on some areas here in puerto rico, at&t uses the 1900 UMTS band and the 850 UMTS band for 3g in the US the liquid A1 s100 has the 1900UMTS band, anyways il see what i can do, thx for the quick reply.

Guest xian1243

Did you try the script I uploaded? Link

Run that with gscript, it should fix the problem.

@goa200 That's wierd... Working fine here. Are you sure you guys are flashing the right ROM? Double check, because the problems you are describing were in v0.5... They are ALL fixed in v0.5b. The file names are very similar.

I understand the trouble this is causing for you guys... I've triple checked my ROM, re-flashed, and I don't have any problems. I flashed over a clean .bin. Like I said, double check your files. File should be Xian_LiquidE_v0.5b.zip.

By default, v0.5b erases everything from the phone, data, apps, cache, system. If you flashed the right zip, nothing should be wrong. I'm really puzzled... I can't reproduce the problem (I just flashed the .zip from the OP, and MMS works).

Edited by xian1243