[ROM] Xian v1 (LiquidE)

Guest xian1243

Guest xian1243

I'm working on a unvolt/overclock kernel, and some audio gain mods. I'm testing to see which ones are the best for general usage.

Guest Quipeace
Testing an optimized version of ramzswap that I compiled. If all goes well it'll be in the ROM.

Very nice Xian, I can't wait (but probably will have to). I think it's a great idea to move to froyo, it's like the transition from Donut to Eclair, it's slow, but we'll eventually get to the point where the Froyo roms are just that tiny bit faster than Eclair roms in everyday use. I'd happily be a crash test dummy if you need one XD.

Do you have any idea what existing froyo rom you're going to build off?

EDIT: How much ram is actually compressed?

Edited by Quipeace

Guest xian1243

20MB of RAM is compressed, so that leaves a good chunk for the system to use. I'm updating the OP. Uploaded, I just need to add the download link. :angry:

I'm going to work on Phhroyo, but I'm kind of stuck. Not much progress for now. Some devs are tackling AOSP... :D

Enjoy!

Xian

Guest xian1243

LCR is a mix between 1.100.05 (Acer LiquidE ROM) and the Acer Stream ROM leak, which has a custom Acer UI. This is stock android, for speed speed speed!

The custom voltages are based on which frequency you choose. It ranges from 950mV to 1.3V depending on which addon you install, and which frequency the system uses. The boot.img included in the ROM, is at 768MHz at 1.2V.

Edited by xian1243

Guest djinferno806

If i use the 998mhz 2.75v kernel, will my voltages still scale depending on frequency or am i locked at 2.75 all the time? sorry for being a noob, just wanted to know before i installed. It would be nice to save battery life when im running on lower frequencies and voltages.

Guest xian1243

Like I said, it will decrease depending on usage, it won't be stuck at 1.275V. 1.275 is the maximum, and 950mV is the minimum. So if you set the CPU to run at 768MHz, you'll be running 1.2V. It scales depending on the frequency.

Guest Rajit

Hey xian, downloading ure roam.. It'll be my first time with ure rom.. currently i have lcr 1.7.2 on top of 0.39.. so, if im not wrong, i just have to do a wipe and then flash this right??

also, i think its a great idea to shift the focus towards phhroyo... Way to go!! keep up the good work!!!

Guest Dona'
Xian LiquidE v0.9 (for 1.100.05 .bin and later, 1.100.39 recommended for Radio) ROM

Changelog :

- added 652MHz and 460MHz to kernel

How can I enable these frequencies in SetCPU ?

Can I just edit setcpu.txt and add these frequencies ?

[...],460000,[...],652000,[...]

Thanks for you ROM ! It looks really cool.

Guest Quipeace

That's awesome Xian! I'm glad that you only updated your post once you had the download link!

The multiupload link is quite fast, downloading at pretty much my maximum (1.6MB/s), so I'll be flashing it in a minute or so (I'll edit this post if noone else posted before).

Just one tiny suggestion, would you mind uploading a 998MHz kernel at 1.25V, or is the battery gain not noticable?

1036MHz at 1.250/1.275 would be fine as well, if you want to have some more frequencies avaliable for others as well.

I can't wait to try it out :angry:.

EDIT: Damn it, Chrome 6.0 is messing up my downloads again, it's just saying it's finished at 40MB.

Edited by Quipeace

Guest xian1243

I'll make a 1036MHz image and 998 at 1.25V, for most people they are not stable... and the battery gains are really not that noticeable.

I don't have time tonight though. Hope you like the ROM.

The frequencies are detected automatically in the latest SetCPU (v2.0.1) available on XDA. The developer requested that I not include it in my rom...

463000 and 652000 I believe are correct. I'm not 100% sure.

Edited by xian1243

Guest yodavid

Awesome job, thank you very much Xian, but i have 2 questions :

Is it normal that I have to flash it unsigned ?

When I use Launcher Pro Beta, the application crash and says that it has to Force Close...

And also, I love your new boot image (Bootsplash ?).

Guest xian1243

It's recommended that you flash the latest .bin (1.100.39) for the newest network firmware (called radio), but it's not required. You can flash over LCR 1.6 and LCR 1.7.

If launcherpro is force quitting, then try rebooting the phone. It shouldn't FC.

Edited by xian1243

Guest Dona'

Same problem than yodavid LauncherPro loop force close :angry:.

I already tried rebooting the phone, I will flash the rom again without flashing another kernel (I flashed 998 at 1.275)

Edited by Dona'