[ROM||LiquidE] Liberated v1.4.2 by Piter1225

Guest Piter1225

Guest v00d00

Hello, first of all thanks Piter again for all the releases and for you good cooking. I have used all your roms from first to 1.4.2. Till this moment your liberated roms where the most suitable for my needs. For my needs, I mean that I'm an voip user. I think an advanced one, because I own an company that is working on a few services that are tied to smartphones, voip, and wireless internet.

Now about important things. I have talked to malez earlier on modaco about using sipdroid on acer liquid. We have an partial working sipdroid version on liquid.

At this moment a have a few issues with sipdroid that I will try to describe. I understand that you do this on your free time and you do this for fun, anyway if you could read it and tell us your opinion on this, it will be greatly appreciated.

1. After an fresh install of liberated 1.4.2, I have installed sipdroid from the market, connected to my SIP server, and try to dial an echo test number - it was OK. But when I have tried to dial an GSM number, I observed that I don't have dialing tone, the called party audio appears without hearing any long tone. This thing happens to me quite often. I have an presumption that this is some kind because of codecs... but i'm not an developer, so I just saying.

2. Second issue with liquid and sipdroid is speakerphone. With every rom I have tried on my liquid the sipdroid speakerphone did not work. The sound always have been choppy when i turned the speakerphone on. I think its something with mic sensibility and volume. Or maybe codecs :huh:

Maybe Malez can tell me his opinion on this issues, or anybody else that are using voip on liquid.

Thanks again Piter, and if you think that this is not interesting for you just ignore it.

P.S. ...if somehow you decide to look a little at this app and try to identify this issues, I could give you even an account on my sip servers with some credit for developing and test purposes.

P.P.S. sorry for my english...

Guest v00d00
Hi guys, I have some news for you.

I stop developing this ROM.

Hey, but don't be sad!

For few weeks I have been talking with LCR crew, which suggested me cooperating. Yesterday we finalized everything, and you will be able to enjoy perfect Liquid Community ROM with some flavour from me :huh:

Cheers

thats great news! Congratulation for you and for LCR... with this fusion I think the LCR kitchen will have a lot much more tasty food.

Guest Relampo

No more Piter roms, sad :huh:

I tried the community roms and was totally disappointed, afterwards i gave your rom a try -> fantastic:

- much faster

- much more polished

- HTC keyboard is not working ;( (not that critical)

Guest roushdy

I'm now working with 1.4.1 ROM and its working perfectly, noticeably faster than the previous versions.

I just had one comment on the keyboard. For me its very very frustrating, when i start typing fast the device takes the input but ignores some of the keys i press. The keyboard identifies all the characters i press (i see then bigger when i press them) but some of them are ignored when i type fast. Is this issue unsolvable or is there any way for me to fix it because its starting to get my nerves.

Was typing on the iPhone the other day and felt the huge difference. (although im not a fan of the iPhone but this caught my attention)

Thanks in advance,

Guest Apocangel

I don't mind going to LCR I just HATE their splash screen. Besides that it works ok. Either way thanks Piter it was awesome while it lasted.

Guest Piter1225
I don't mind going to LCR I just HATE their splash screen. Besides that it works ok. Either way thanks Piter it was awesome while it lasted.

But working in team we'll be able to make much better ROMs :huh:

Guest malez
Hello, first of all thanks Piter again for all the releases and for you good cooking. I have used all your roms from first to 1.4.2. Till this moment your liberated roms where the most suitable for my needs. For my needs, I mean that I'm an voip user. I think an advanced one, because I own an company that is working on a few services that are tied to smartphones, voip, and wireless internet.

Now about important things. I have talked to malez earlier on modaco about using sipdroid on acer liquid. We have an partial working sipdroid version on liquid.

At this moment a have a few issues with sipdroid that I will try to describe. I understand that you do this on your free time and you do this for fun, anyway if you could read it and tell us your opinion on this, it will be greatly appreciated.

1. After an fresh install of liberated 1.4.2, I have installed sipdroid from the market, connected to my SIP server, and try to dial an echo test number - it was OK. But when I have tried to dial an GSM number, I observed that I don't have dialing tone, the called party audio appears without hearing any long tone. This thing happens to me quite often. I have an presumption that this is some kind because of codecs... but i'm not an developer, so I just saying.

2. Second issue with liquid and sipdroid is speakerphone. With every rom I have tried on my liquid the sipdroid speakerphone did not work. The sound always have been choppy when i turned the speakerphone on. I think its something with mic sensibility and volume. Or maybe codecs :P

Maybe Malez can tell me his opinion on this issues, or anybody else that are using voip on liquid.

Thanks again Piter, and if you think that this is not interesting for you just ignore it.

P.S. ...if somehow you decide to look a little at this app and try to identify this issues, I could give you even an account on my sip servers with some credit for developing and test purposes.

P.P.S. sorry for my english...

Hi,

First of all, I don't use sipdroid very often but I have made some minimal tests on LCR 1.4.

Infos : Sipdroid 1.4.6 beta

SIP server : pbxes.org (the only one I have and I can't call any GSM)

Connexin mode : Wifi only except today for your tests (my provider does not allow me to use SIP over its data connexion)

Made a test over edge (will see my bill later :huh: )

=> Test echo serveur

- Used codec : speex

- Result : OK

=> Test a fix phone

- used codec : speex

- Result : OK (heared waiting tone)

Now, answering to your points.

1. No waiting tone when calling GSM. This issue also appears without sip (normal gsm call). I am still looking at the reason.

If you want, I can test dialing a gsm over SIP but only if you could provide me a sip server access

2. If have not tested speaker phone. I will try to see. Is that handfree ?

Please could you open an issue here

http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-commu...ker/issues/list

For your information, official Sipdroid bugtracker is here

http://code.google.com/p/sipdroid/issues/list

Maybe you could find answer there.

Regards

Malez

Edited by malez

Guest malez

I am really happy that Pitter will work with us.

Working in team we will be more efficient. Each of us tries to make his best to fix issues and enhance the rom but it requires a lot of time. As we work during spare time and for free, it is not always easy.

I am sure that Pitter will do great work as he use to do.

Welcome friend

Edited by malez

Guest mgroover

Battery is lasting SO much longer with this ROM. Down on 80% battery since yesterday morning and have streamed audio via BT + been surfing via WLAN/HDSPA. It almost feels like something is wrong.. :huh:

It, however, crashed this morning when streaming audio to my Jabra Clipper BT headset. Required removal of

- has intermittent audio buffering issues with BT. Requires reconnection of the headset to start functioning.

I know I asked the question in a separate thread but does anyone know how to mod the location of the MUTE button when in a call? It's is too close to the End Call button!

Guest Swallow74
Dont be sad, Ill try to give LCR bit of my flavour :P

Try to persuade other LCR team members to reduce third part apps in their roms: i like your roms also because are very polished :huh:

Guest Apocangel

Having problems with the HTC IME again. It suddenly stoped working. The keyboard appears on screen but it wont type any letter and when it does it FCs. Any idea on the cause?

Guest Relampo
Having problems with the HTC IME again. It suddenly stoped working. The keyboard appears on screen but it wont type any letter and when it does it FCs. Any idea on the cause?

Exactly the same here.. It pops up, but typing is not transfered to edit fields, instead it crashes after some keystrokes.

Hi guys, I have some news for you.

I stop developing this ROM.

Hey, but don't be sad!

For few weeks I have been talking with LCR crew, which suggested me cooperating. Yesterday we finalized everything, and you will be able to enjoy perfect Liquid Community ROM with some flavour from me :huh:

Cheers

I tried your ROM as well as the LCR, but found yours is better for me currently, has less things I don't need.

From yours I missed the HTC sense live wallpaper and the acer media player widget a bit, and only the LED problem was a bit annoying, since I use SeePU to show processor and memory usage in the bar.

The LCR ROM had a bit ugly image at boot, less RAM, much more programs - which I don't need or don't know what for. :P

Good luck in the LCR! Thanks for the ROMs, awaiting for the next, cooperated version.

Guest Piter1225
Exactly the same here.. It pops up, but typing is not transfered to edit fields, instead it crashes after some keystrokes.

Hmm, I write a lot of texts and never met this kind problems, for me everything is just fine.

Guest Apocangel
Hmm, I write a lot of texts and never met this kind problems, for me everything is just fine.

It was all fine with HTC IME till today. I used it without problem all day yesterday but today it just stopped working just like that. Ill try reflashing the ROM see if it fixes itself. I was at work so I coudnt do anything. Now I'm home so ill let u know what happens.

Edited by Apocangel

Guest Relampo
It was all fine with HTC IME till today. I used it without problem all day yesterday but today it just stopped working just like that. Ill try reflashing the ROM see if it fixes itself. I was at work so I coudnt do anything. Now I'm home so ill let u know what happens.

I think i activated the "training" program, and since then, i encountered the FC's.... Maybe i have to remove the "remebered" stuff somewhere...!?!?

Guest Relampo

Additional questions:

How can i bring back Acer Sync (from 2.1 leak), or better, is is possible to have HTC Sync working on the Acer Liquid?

Thanks

Andy

Guest Piter1225
Additional questions:

How can i bring back Acer Sync (from 2.1 leak), or better, is is possible to have HTC Sync working on the Acer Liquid?

Thanks

Andy

I have not tried HTC Sync, you can push Acer Sync via adb, I'll upload it soon

Guest roushdy

Heys gus I really need hep in this one. I downloded the latest ROM then I had a freezing screen, that's not the problem. The problem is when I reverted to 1.4.1. Its working fine, until I leave the phone for some time, I return to find a black screen and the phone doesn't detect any inputs in the buttons. I have to hard reset it using the button next to the battery.

Please tell me what to do because its so frustrating.

Btw. I working on a ln acer liquid.

PLEASE HELP

Guest withwolf1987

Good morning Guys

I have the last ROM from Liberated. Yesterday i had a freezing Screen 6 time. This morning one time.

I think i have to go back to another ROM.