Creating a GoldCard

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest schmarakel

Found this at PSAS support forum!

We had to close the goldcard generator due to several hack attempts.

After web server security updates, it will be back online.

So maybe we have to wait until back online!

Guest Resrever
No, but if you do the root and you don't have a goldcard it will fail at step 1 with Unknown Custom ID then just reboot your phone and nothing would have changed.

Thanks !

Guest ArMyBoT
Updated goldcard link.

P

Paul, when I navigate to recovery menu I get a black background with an htc legend with red triangle and an exclamation point.

I try as well to execute step2 and the result is shown on screenshot attached.

At this point key dont' work and i can just remove battery.

Could you help me on that?

Thanks in advance,

A.

UPDATE: solved! Keys were disabled and optical trackball was enabled. weird but worked. Thank you!

post-698316-1273097579_thumb.jpg

Edited by ArMyBoT

Guest Hoopstroops

Hi anyone stuck at Goldcard stage? I have followed the guide with multiple cards including a Kingston 2gb to no avail, I always get the 'not found' reply after $ 'cat/sys/class/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:*/cid' no quotes! I have tried both mmc1 and mmc0 lines and debugging is selected and I do pick up the adb device yet still no joy! Can someone tell me at what stage in the process you become aware if the sd card is not suited for goldcard creation? Also just so i'm sure at the pop up screen on the handset when usb connects which of the 4 options if any need to be selected? I also tried Terminal Emulator this also results in a 'not found' reply!

Guest marvi0

ok guys, this is what i have done, downloaded the sdk, and then extracted it to a file i created, on my desktop. i have then gone ahead, to open a command prompt, by pressing the shift key and right clicking the mouse button, and that black screen, opens with the following-

C:\Users\zhuru\Desktop\sdk>

so please from that step, i cant figure out what this instruction means- Change to the 'tools directory please help me with this instruction, because am useless, with computers please paul anyone?

Guest EbiEre
ok guys, this is what i have done, downloaded the sdk, and then extracted it to a file i created, on my desktop. i have then gone ahead, to open a command prompt, by pressing the shift key and right clicking the mouse button, and that black screen, opens with the following-

C:\Users\zhuru\Desktop\sdk>

so please from that step, i cant figure out what this instruction means- Change to the 'tools directory please help me with this instruction, because am useless, with computers please paul anyone?

You should have a Folder called "Tools" in your SDK Folder. So you have to type " cd tools " (without " )and then you should be in the tools directory.

After that you yould be in c:\users\zhuru\desktop\sdk\tools

Correct me if i'm wrong, i am hero user and only looking shortly in this thread to know whats going on :P

Guest pdageek13

when I want to go to recovery mode (using "recovery-windows.bat"), Iv got the message:

failed to copy 'files/etc/mtab' to '/etc/mtab': Out of memory

when pushing the files

If I push files in /data .. it works

any idea ?

thanks

:P

Guest evil_lcf
Hi anyone stuck at Goldcard stage? I have followed the guide with multiple cards including a Kingston 2gb to no avail, I always get the 'not found' reply after $ 'cat/sys/class/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:*/cid' no quotes! I have tried both mmc1 and mmc0 lines and debugging is selected and I do pick up the adb device yet still no joy! Can someone tell me at what stage in the process you become aware if the sd card is not suited for goldcard creation? Also just so i'm sure at the pop up screen on the handset when usb connects which of the 4 options if any need to be selected? I also tried Terminal Emulator this also results in a 'not found' reply!

i'm stuck too :D tried mmc1 and 0 as well but nothing, sandisk sd 1gb anke htc orignal package's 2gb...... my error is "not found" after the mcid line and can anyone tell me if that "killing" in the screenshot is normal? :P

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/5521/root.jpg

thank you

Guest ALouie

I already made a goldcard with my HTC Hero, is this possible to use on my HTC Desire, or should I make a new one?

Guest lazyeejay

Hi, Ive got an Orange Desire and Ive read all the instructions and followed to the letter and mine starts ok, then it updates the radio then sends then says there is an error that it cannot update :P . Im pretty sure I have done it all correctly. I have used 2 sd cards and am kinda stuck now. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I have got another card floating around but I would have thought one of the others should have worked, also phone was in sync mode. Please help as I want to get this orange nastiness off.

*** Just decided to persevere and . . . Success!!! Yay, all Orange rubbish gone :D It was a bit squeaky bum but now its lovely. Thanks to Paul and everyone for various bits of advice and guides on this.***

Edited by lazyeejay

Guest bibib

Despite my best efforts. I can't get the SDK USB drivers to install on my Windows 7 Pro 64bit computer.

Firstly windows says the current drivers are the most up to date.

I then tried deleting the old drivers from my computer and browsing to the usb driver folder to update. Same problem with windows dosen't recognise the drivers............

I have tried to download usb driver files people have put in other threads.

I have installed the full Android SDK and launched the setup file and downloaded 2.1 and usb tools and various other files (I didn't download previous android versions)

I think this is stopping me from doing the command prompt adb part aswell, as that dosent work.

EDIT ------------------

ok got adb to work in command prompt by just going to the tools directory and running it.

I did add the directory in the enviroment settings...................... anyway, that works.

Just made my gold card so we will see if it works.

2nd EDIT ------------------------

Launch your phone in fastboot.

Turn off, then turn on holding back button.

Plug your phone into your computer, THEN!!!! either update your current usb drivers with the SDK ones or just point it to the right directory.

3rd EDIT --------------

The enviroment directory I put in, now works that I have the SDK USB drivers installed.

As far as creating the gold card goes. I didn't seem to need the SDK USB drivers installed as I get the same number from ADB Shell. It just means I have to launch it from its own directory.

Edited by bibib

Guest Cosmo Kramer

Hi guys , first post. Hope you are all well.

Having major headaches . I'm not very good at this sort of thing and I'm stuck.

I keep getting the 'device not found' message. I gather this means I need to install drivers. How do I do this?

I may well be missing something very obvious here but this is coming from someone that didn't know what a command prompt was until about half an hour ago.

:P

Thanks.

Guest nayo_dahl

Hi guys,

Simple question here, how can you be sure you succeded in making you're Goldcard ? Is there any simple test/function you can only do with a Goldcard ?

Guest Cosmo Kramer

OK I have managed to update the USB drivers and it says ....

The best driver softwars for your device is already installed.

When I type in 'adb devices' I get this..

'List of devices attached' but nothing else.

Any ideas?

Guest WallaceTech
Hi, I've got some terrible problems when I flash the Rom. It appears "ERROR [131]: CUSTOMER ID ERROR" and then my phone restarts to the original rom. the phone is a T-Mo contract phone.

I've read the instruction, noticed all the points, tried different microSD cards, use Admin to run the HxD, select physical disk etc.

However, I find that when I get the .img file from the web, it appears that it only has contents between line $000 to $100(incl.), so when I copy and overwrite the disk file, it only covers line $000 to $100. Not sure if that's the reason.

Please can anyone help...

Guys, i am also having this issue with Error[131] Any ideas as to what i can try? as far as i can see the gold card was created correct

Guest Gold_Bishop

Hey there,

a couple of questions since so far I was not able to create a goldcard:

1. "Format the microSD card to FAT32 format."

Where do I format the card? On the phone or under Windows? Which connectivity do I have to choose?

2. "Ensure you have unzipped the SDK, then open a command prompt to the extract location. Change to the 'tools directory."

Do I need to unzip to the phone or can it be done in Windows? To any Folder I want?

3. "Enter 'adb shell cat /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:*/cid' and press enter."

Does the phone need to be connected? And which connection type do I choose?

4. "If you have a bootloader version 0.75.xxxx or below..."

Where am I able to check wich bootloader I have?

Guest choccy

Well I decided I would go for trying to create a Gold card today, in case I decide to root my Desire this week (based on Googles announcement this week for 2.2) but I didn't get very far.

My PC (XP) wouldn't find the drivers so my attempt failed pretty much right away :-(

Not sure what to do now.