HTC Desire root update

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest evilgeenius

As far as I know the Voice recognition on the Nexus One uses remote servers (google?) to convert voice commands into speech? Is this correct? I have seen a video where the voice recognition only works with an internet connection.

My friend had a hero, on which he somehow added voice recognition to, but it was pretty crappy, i think it did the processing on the device. He's just bought a Nexus one and now he says that its awesome, on a different level..

The only thing that concerns me about having a Desire and not a Nexus One, is that we don't have the decent voice recognition ability.

Will root access give us the full voice capability of the nexus one?

Thanks

Chris

Guest DiscoScan

As a former Nexus One owner (couldn't get T-Mo service at home so I had to ditch it) with different Desire ROMs (various MoDaCo Alphas as well as the Manups Remix), I'm anxiously awaiting delivery of my Verizon Droid Incredible. Looks like from Fed Ex it's on the truck for delivery!!

Definitely going to do some comparisons between the two.

In terms of rooting, for now I'd really just be interested in overclocking/undervolting the device. I hear it's down to like 768Mhz or so. If it has the same processor as the Nexus, it should be good up to 1.113 Ghz. I'm not saying I want to max it out and overheat the damn thing, but it does seem a little too underclocked in my opinion.

I'm sure it will run blazingly fast... but I like control over those settings.

Thanks Paul!

Guest caponi
Nandroid seems to be working by now as posted on twitter by paul!!

Yes, but check his last post:

"Hmmm, this is a PITA. ADB pushing a file from Mac / Linux to Android obviously preserves the permissions (+x), Windows breaks it. :-/"

Guest Loccy
Yes, but check his last post:

"Hmmm, this is a PITA. ADB pushing a file from Mac / Linux to Android obviously preserves the permissions (+x), Windows breaks it. :-/"

Speaking as someone who has a Mac with a Linux partition: "and I care why?"

Release, already Paul! Sod the Windows drones :huh:

Linus Torvalds was right: computers are like air conditioning, useless with windows open.

Guest rodriguezstyle

Guide is written and files are uploaded Paul is a Crack man...

i hope the same tut will work on Legend too :huh:

Edited by rodriguezstyle

Guest The_IMF
Guide is written and files are uploaded Paul is a Crack man...

i hope the same tut will work on Legend too :huh:

Uploaded to where? lol. I left my goldcard at home anyway if a goldcard is required.

Guest rodriguezstyle
I'm hoping it's soon as I'll be home in 2.5 hours and don't want to be the first to test it out... lol :huh:

no Risk no Fun hehe..

i want be the First one who haves Live Wallpaper on the Legend :P

Guest The_IMF
no Risk no Fun hehe..

i want be the First one who haves Live Wallpaper on the Legend :huh:

Why? Live wallpapers kill the battery and in the case of the Legend; won't it slow the phone down a bit too much?

Guest rodriguezstyle
Why? Live wallpapers kill the battery and in the case of the Legend; won't it slow the phone down a bit too much?

but will look´very very Cool, for me is it a must for Android Phones and as bonus... iPhone don´t can this :huh:

Guest The_IMF
but will look´very very Cool, for me is it a must for Android Phones and as bonus... iPhone don´t can this :P

There's plenty of things that the Android does which the iPhone cannot. Live wallpapers is one of the most pointless things to show off about. Just download an mp3 on the fly or something. That's more useful! :huh:

Just asking a few Plus people to confirm it works before I post for all.

Last thing I want is to put it out for everyone and it bricks a shitload of phones! :huh:

P

Guest rodriguezstyle
There's plenty of things that the Android does which the iPhone cannot. Live wallpapers is one of the most pointless things to show off about. Just download an mp3 on the fly or something. That's more useful! :huh:

or the existing Homescreen :P you right LWP are not important but Nice to have and i Love the Plasma LWP it Looks just Wonderful...

"end of OT"

Edited by rodriguezstyle