i908 ZUIF2 vs. XBIJ1 JN Foundation ROM's

Guest jo-the-ripper

Guest andrew.mazlim
hehe, not so simple, simple will be just to type the first two or three letters of the person you want to call with your phnex dialpad and it will show all it´s matches, usually the one you want to call will appear first, then just a simple click will dial that person. that´s how I do it anyway when using phnex :P

Now if you have 2000 contacts that search can throw a lot of matches but then again if you have that many you have to do some heavy scrolling to get to your friend using your method and by that time your bus stop will be already be lost, jaja.. I would love to use the public transport system here but then I would have lost my phone a long time ago if you know what I mean :D

On other things, what file do you want to replace on M2D, I just gave you the way to do it, is it the clock background you where asking pearl jam? just make your own theme using default back up on your PC, and you will not have any trouble.....

What´s LaunchLP, if it´s the shortcuts use on home screen on M2D, you have easytoday launcher in there but you also have M2DTP, go to options in that program and delete easy today launcher and put iconsofphonex instead and set x20 y244 w199 and h39.

to set the order in which they will appear in your screen use p.honex options/today.

slds,

A ) I don't have 2000 or 20000000 contacts. I have 5-8 mates, 5 family members, 10+ people I know but I don't calling them "friends" and a dozen business contacts. That's not too bad, isn't it? A short list, I calling it.

B ) You're a bit... LAZY or is it me? LOL! My friend, how many... nano-secs you'll loose, to croll down a damn list? Also, in IconsoftPhonex there is a nice "RescoExplorer-like" scrollbar with alphabetic order, you pressing the damn letter and your mate's number appears.

Yes, I want the clock & the calendar to become 40% transparented (at least) in G-Carbon theme, because I'm using a nice pic (but dark) and I can't see a single thing with these black pannels.

Also, I want in the scrolling sellection bar bellow, to change the carbon texture...

Finaly, I want to change the Weather's pannel pic.

So, I'm going to M2DTP, deleting the Today Launcher and adding the IconsoftPhonex, got it.

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest corpisa
A ) I don't have 2000 or 20000000 contacts. I have 5-8 mates, 5 family members, 10+ people I know but I don't calling them "friends" and a dozen business contacts. That's not too bad, isn't it? A short list, I calling it.

B ) You're a bit... LAZY or is it me? LOL! My friend, how many... nano-secs you'll loose, to croll down a damn list? Also, in IconsoftPhonex there is a nice "RescoExplorer-like" scrollbar with alphabetic order, you pressing the damn letter and your mate's number appears.

Yes, I want the clock & the calendar to become 40% transparented (at least) in G-Carbon theme, because I'm using a nice pic (but dark) and I can't see a single thing with these black pannels.

Also, I want in the scrolling sellection bar bellow, to change the carbon texture...

Finaly, I want to change the Weather's pannel pic.

So, I'm going to M2DTP, deleting the Today Launcher and adding the IconsoftPhonex, got it.

jaja.. that´s why I said there are many different ways to use your phone or get where you want with it, i have a few more contacts as I´m using outlook from way back so I have 400+ (mostly business) contacts that just sync every time I flash a rom so scrolling can take more than a nano-secs and I find typing the first letters of the person easier than looking them on contacts tab.

all those images you are talking can be replace at least when loading a new theme with no problem so like I said, just make your changes on pc, copy them to your extracted backup theme, rezip, enjoy and share here :P so we can all grow our M2D theme collection.

slds,

Edited by corpisa

Guest andrew.mazlim
jaja.. that´s why I said there are many different ways to use your phone or get where you want with it, i have a few more contacts as I´m using outlook from way back so I have 400+ (mostly business) contacts that just sync every time I flash a rom so scrolling can take more than a nano-secs and I find typing the first letters of the person easier than looking them on contacts tab.

all those images you are talking can be replace at least when loading a new theme with no problem so like I said, just make your changes on pc, copy them to your extracted backup theme, rezip, enjoy and share here :P so we can all grow our M2D theme collection.

slds,

But... I didn't "extracted" any files to my PC, since these M2D files are the DEFAULT theme and I just copy-paste them directly from my /Windows!!!! I didn't use a "theme", I edited the default one's files!

That's why I don't know what to do! If I was editing "a theme", of course I would know how to apply it...

Now, in "my case", what can I do?

Guest corpisa
well, I'm enabling wm default for a while and loading tacchan´s or Cruddsajj?? black skin to see how that goes for a while but I´m not installing phon.ex just yet :P

No need, a nice black one is included :D

post-209926-1273102388_thumb.png

Guest corpisa
But... I didn't "extracted" any files to my PC, since these M2D files are the DEFAULT theme and I just copy-paste them directly from my /Windows!!!! I didn't use a "theme", I edited the default one's files!

That's why I don't know what to do! If I was editing "a theme", of course I would know how to apply it...

Now, in "my case", what can I do?

just extract (with m2dc backing it up first) default theme to pc , in there extract with 7zip, make your changes (replace or whatever) then with winzip zip folder, rename folder and you just create a new theme, copy to phone and load like new theme with m2dc

sorry if many mistakes, answering from phone.

slds,

Edited by corpisa

Guest X-pro
I have some other issues, "Obi-one". Care to give me a hand, please?

a ) By NO means I can update my M2D Hope page's weather, K.Radd! No matter what I'm doing, the city "turns" back to yours, bro (Hamburg). Please, tell me what to do.

b ) I want to edit some png files from your G-Carbon. Actually, I found them and I did it (actually, just made the transparent to 40% and I changed the pic for the weather tab)... But, I can't re-paste it back to /Windows folder because the system don't letting me to do so. Please, give me a hand...

c ) What's that LG keyboard? I mean, from which device is ported from? It's a bit important...

d ) I found a way to register my SPB keyboard! YEA! I did it with .exe, via my PC. Is it possible to edi NOW my SPB keyboard registry settings?

e ) Can I replace the LaunchLP with these apps, with the IconsoftPhonex alert today pannel (for misscall notifications)? How?

Btw... I found your glossy Start Honeycomb png and I made several glossy icons for many progs/apps. If anyone's interesting, let me know it to post them.

m2d weather: with me I added my city and it worked until I reset. Found out it updated 2 cities and after that just removed hamburg from tab

Guest X-pro
I would like to ask a couple of things to testers of this thread.

1. how are you guys making speed dial calls? I´m using neo Le Diable so I´m using fav contacts panel but I keep forgetting using it and end up dialing the whole number to call my wife.

2. how about looking for contacts who are not in fav panel in neo for example. This dialer is making me go a couple of steps further to find contacts that I used to find just using the keypad of default wm dialer :P and while driving is little bit trickier. How is everyone doing this?

I know there is always good old phone.x and others but this such a nice dialer that I want to keep using it more. Also we have voice command and here is where I would like to make a small suggestion could the JN Foundation consider putting C.iberon Voice Commander instead of Voice Command, I really feel :D yelling at my phone in English when my native language is in Spanish and just judging by the many flags you see on peoples profiles you can tell I´m not the only one who is not a native English speaker and with CVC you can record you contacts or application shortcuts with your own voice.

anyone with me :P

PS. now that I think of this I did not use CVC when install on previous Pdhee roms I´ve tested :P :D :D so forget my suggestion, I´ll try to get the feeling for this LG dialer.

If it's a number I don't call often and don't have it on m2d or speeddial I use the search mode in phonebook, 3 clicks and I'm searching :o The dialer Radd made is to nice the only thing I find a little annoying is that the menu to open the phonebook, last call and so on, is at the top of the screen. Not that it is a big deal, but the rom works so well that it's the little things that you notice ;) The only big thing is the battery consumption, it's a little like driving a American car with a 6.8 hemi. Step on the gas pedal and you see the gasoline disappearing, but who cares cause it sounds and looks nice :(

Guest thedj81
Btw... do we know exactly what's that LG keyboard, "JN Foundation" is using here? I mean, the exact tittle/name of it; can't be just "LG keyboard"...

Hey Andrew, Sorry I just never used the LG Keyboard and only after giving it a try did I realise that its really cool and I

dont need the Samsung one. :P

Thanks for the link for the GPS Standard CAB.

Cheers

Guest engenek

hj krazy radd. i didn't download your rom, can you help me, ZUIF2 23563 M2D v2 G-Carbon the link not work, is there any one mirror link

Guest Sb.

RE: Dialer pad- wish it would redial when you press the dial (yes)button.

Is there anyway to install or enable the original contacts program over the lite version? I find it easier and quicker to use.

Cheers

Guest andrew.mazlim
just extract (with m2dc backing it up first) default theme to pc , in there extract with 7zip, make your changes (replace or whatever) then with winzip zip folder, rename folder and you just create a new theme, copy to phone and load like new theme with m2dc

sorry if many mistakes, answering from phone.

slds,

Got it; I must "extract" (backup save it) the default K.Radd's theme, edit it, rename it again and re-aply it back, right?

Guest andrew.mazlim
m2d weather: with me I added my city and it worked until I reset. Found out it updated 2 cities and after that just removed hamburg from tab

So, is it a trick to remove the Hamburg and set my city? This is getting really annoying, especially when I don't have problem with the Weather pannel itself!

Guest andrew.mazlim
Hey Andrew, Sorry I just never used the LG Keyboard and only after giving it a try did I realise that its really cool and I

dont need the Samsung one. :P

Thanks for the link for the GPS Standard CAB.

Cheers

Indeed, is far better that Samsung default input. But, that Turk fellow living next door, really needs a multilanguage LG input and he's keep asking me (doesn't own a network connection) to download it.

But I don't have a damn LG keyboard multilanguage cab/exe.

No problem, I have plenty apps; all I need each time is to "dig" them out from my PC drive!

Guest X-pro
So, is it a trick to remove the Hamburg and set my city? This is getting really annoying, especially when I don't have problem with the Weather pannel itself!

nope no trick, just go to the weather tab and press the menu button. There you can remove a location.

Guest andrew.mazlim
nope no trick, just go to the weather tab and press the menu button. There you can remove a location.

No luck. I pressed "Remove location", I re-set mine, I updated the weather (so far so good) and when I'm pressing the M2D Home page's weather bellow the clock..., Hamburg is STILL there!

My problem is not with the weather tab. Is with the weather bellow the clock in Home page...

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest corpisa
Got it; I must "extract" (backup save it) the default K.Radd's theme, edit it, rename it again and re-aply it back, right?

yep, that way you keep your default theme intact and you will see how fun it is to create your own themes and you avoid the hassle of trying to overwrite windows files on phone and take advantage of M2DC.

slds,

Guest X-pro
No luck. I pressed "Remove location", I re-set mine, I updated the weather (so far so good) and when I'm pressing the M2D Home page's weather bellow the clock..., Hamburg is STILL there!

My problem is not with the weather tab. Is with the weather bellow the clock in Home page...

Strange, when I did that the clock weather changed to. I just removed my city and hamburg and I worked. Sry I couldn't help

Guest andrew.mazlim
Strange, when I did that the clock weather changed to. I just removed my city and hamburg and I worked. Sry I couldn't help

It "happen" by... itself! Don't know if it will turn back to... Hamburg, though!

(Pearl Jam, I MADE IT! I did it! I edit/made my own theme... Hehehe!)

Guest Red_devilz

hey i have a problem with S2U2 i use the default settings and now my home screen is without the "weather panel"

how can i get it back??? and iam using the new version of the rom "27-4-2010"

anyone can help me? thanks.

Guest Sb.
Researved...

This is a first, reserved thread by user. :P Your a classic bro! Did you end up replacing the files working through windows explorer?

Edited by Sb.

Guest andrew.mazlim
This is a first, reserved thread by user. :P Your a classic bro! Did you end up replacing the files working through windows explorer?

I just pressed backwards/forwards the post I wrote and I posted it... twise. So, I had to delete it; that's why I wrote "reserved" (I had to write something, am I?).

It was more easy I thought! I did it, yes. Although, K.Radd put in almost everything carbon texture and now, I have everything fine... but the SMS' background (a small square in the center of SMS screen) with carbon texture and mixed text coloring. I have to correct/fix that, and I'm finally done!

Guest Dmitri Kiselev

Here I go again! :P

I am glad to say that I found a solution how to overwrite the files in Windows folder.

I've learned that only CAB-installers can do it.

So I can take any system file (such as WiFiNetwork.exe), copy it to PC, then fix it in binary editor, and then to make CAB from it.

The only problem I have is in cab files are not digitally signed with a trusted certificate and cannot be installed on this ROM.

There are two different ways to solve it.

1. To learn how to sign my CABs with a trusted certificate.

2. To learn how to turn off the certificates verification.

Guest LANYCO

Hi Andrew

I use Titanium version, and I have a problem.

Phone freezing several time on incoming SMS or incoming Call.

Do you know something about it???

Thanks, good work.

My opinion: phone skin, or LG phone you, dont have characters (1abc 2def 3... ) in botton to search contacts. It´s a big mistake.

Edited by LANYCO

Guest LANYCO

I have same problem.

W.B my friend , waiting for your great work bro :P

friend , i had really strange and killer problem with the rom

it happened with me again today and i missed very important call from my manager at work :D

my omnia some times didn't receive some calls , it's really weired

what happens , when the call come the phone freeze !

and the other side hearing ringing as normal but me not , cuz my phone already freeze

and then the phone still freeze and i had to soft reset

this problem happened with me twice , with very important business calls from my managers :P

the first time he called me , he is hearing ringing as usual , but my phone is freeze !

the second time was today the same while i was slipping , and then the alarm couldn't ring , cuz the phone already freeze !

imagine what could happen if i couldn't catch those important calls

but thanks god , i have secret code on my network tells me the last number that called me while the phone is turned of

he shows me the number after soft reset

any tips about this problem or happened with any one ??