commodore 64 emulator (needs work)

Guest procalli

Guest Martin@Home
HEE HEE I had a Zx81 with the extra ram....Whhooooooo just marval at its speed! LOL  :oops:  :lol:  :D  :oops:  :oops:  :lol:

Me too ! A whopping 16K no less, in a box that was half as big as the actual computer itself ! You'd be three hours into typing in a massive Hex listing and someone four miles away would fart in the wrong direction, which would jog the ram pack and crash the computer !!!

How did we ever manage ! :!: ! :D

Guest midnight

i suppose i may have had the most obscure comp here then...... Mattel Aquarius

actually it had some kick ass games (for the time)

also had z80, zx81, spectrum 48k, spectrum plus, spectrum +2, amiga 500, amiga 1200 (also had pretty much every console that ever existed i think hehehe)

Guest siu99spj
Amiga emulator anyone???

Doubt it somehow. My Athlon 900 (Don't laugh, its getting a facelift come summer) struggles to emulate Amiga games such as Pinball Fanatsies at full speeds, God only knows how poorly an SPV would handle them.

The PC version I have (Which works in XP) is WinUAE. Pretty good though a pain to set up.

I just watching the demos on me old Amiga 500, thinking it was incredible how we got those groovy tunnel effects. And I also remember how good Mortal Kombat looked, almost as good as the arcade version...

:mrgreen: Memories :mrgreen:

Guest DJ WATTS

Oh the golden years and the best i think!!:D

Commodore Vic20

Commodore 64 (parents told me i was getting a Commodore16 and i wasnt dissapointed at all :lol: )

Atari ST

Amiga 520

NES

SNES

Megadrive

PC 483sx33

PS1

N64

Dreamcast

PS2

xbox

Latest 1Ghz PC now!!

SPV

.........................whats next..........?:lol:

Anyone remember games on the C64 like Wizball, Return to Fractulas, Thing on a spring, Impossible Mission, The Last Ninja, Paradroid, Raid over Moscow, IK+, Trailblazer etc... hell i could go on forever!!

And what about starglider on the Amiga!!:D

Wow i can't wait for this emulator to be fully functional and then we can visit http://www.c64.com/ (hope you dont mind paul for the link) and download whatever games we want to play on our SPV as they are ALL FREE now!!:lol:

Oh dear, I now have another machine to add to my list (end of page 1), an atari TT030! 32MHz & 2MB ram. Boots and runs cubase faster than my athlon XP1600!

As for an amiga emulator, no way could todays smartphone handle it, even if it was coded from scratch. If we dont have a big enough screen to show an entire spectrum screen, what problems will we have with an amiga screen! For the pc, we now have Amithlon, which boots into a native amiga mode, so no crappy win-doze interface to get in the way :lol:

Interested? Then visit www.amithlon.com or if you want to know about new amiga products, go to www.amiga.com

Guest GameAngel

I had a C64 first, but I remember when I got my Amiga.

My mum came home from shopping and I was waiting in the kitchen watching a program talking about how wonderful the Amiga was, when my mum said "is it as wonderful as the one in the front room?".

I had know idear she even knew what it was, but there it was, wow what a mum!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Blaze_sw
Was searching around and found an arm port of "come back 64". Installed it to my smartphone and the c64 screen comes up but as it was made for ppc it needs input from a touchscreen.

Emailed writer for code as only dos code is avaliable.

File was found at http://cia.c64.org/emuls/

note doesnt seem to be any way to shut it down although home key does return to http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>home screen

Maybe Ill program it from the dos code once Ive figured out the windows programming syntax :)

How is the progress? does it look like the c64 emulator will be a possibiliy in the near future?

• 10 months later...
Guest djfuego

Yeah cmmon.. This is a MUST Have emulator for Smartphone.

So many golden oldies just waiting to be played.

I think a lot of people with bust their sticks in the first 10 minutes of use :)

Guest martin

I had a commodore 64 :) and an Amiga :lol: and then a CD32 :lol:

Those were the days. You never knew you were born until you had an Amiga :lol:

A C64 emulator would be bring back a lot of memories and great games so if anyone takes on this project that would be more than cool 8)

Guest djboo

there is actually a few C64 emu's for winCE - tho the main one i remember is commercial - but i'm sure you should be able to find something - or port a windows one. i managed to port a Master System Emu to smartphone from CE in about 30 mins.

Guest Stomski
there is actually a few C64 emu's for winCE - tho the main one i remember is commercial - but i'm sure you should be able to find something - or port a windows one. i managed to port a Master System Emu to smartphone from CE in about 30 mins.

OI. I am in need of a master system emulator. I'm sure most will poopoo the idea what with PicoDrive, but some of the games are worth it.

Guest Stomski
once i work out how to do a file requester in c++ ill probably release it

I'm making a file requester at the moment, if you can wait I'll be releasing it for all to use. It should support most of the functionality of the MFC CFileDialog class.

Guest plog

Once we have agreed terms with Ironstone, i shall make available a fully legal lisenced c64 emulator along with legal game roms and demoscene titles from the likes of fiarlight and so on. The emulator is complete and is unsigned running on all SPV models. Ill let you know more when we are closer to a release date, possible we may use this years BitLive Retro Music show to launch it in September.

If anyone is interested either in the emulator or BitLive retro music events, drop me a line. I suspect i will be accepting pre-orders for the emulator around mid july.

~ Register your interest now ~

email: [email protected]

Information on BitLive 2004 - goto www.c64audio.com

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest agent.m
Once we have agreed terms with Ironstone, i shall make available a fully legal lisenced c64 emulator along with legal game roms and demoscene titles from the likes of fiarlight and so on. 

If anyone is interested either in the emulator or BitLive retro music events, drop me a line.  I suspect i will be accepting pre-orders for the emulator around mid july.

so does that mean you are selling the c64 emulator ???

Give the man a prize, yes, we are, with the backing and blessing of copyright & tradeamark holders IRONSTONE.

Though im not sure about this fellas post, infers use of an illegal ROM does it not ?

I'd love to see this on my smartphone

See, strictly speaking, we wouldnt sell the emulator to djfuego because we know he's going to break the law with the emulator using an illegal rom image. So sorry to state the obvious there, just sticking to MoDaCo rules, you understand. I believe Midnight should be removing that image ? The image contains iconic trademarks and the name of the game, which, midnight says, is a No-No.

After all, we wouldnt want anyone thinking its one rule for one and one rule for another would we ? Oh yeah, that image is hosted on modaco btw, which, according to miidnight, doesnt happen around here - ho humm... Do i spy a copyright symbol in that image ? I Surely Do....

Yes im being sarcastic.... but im also sticking to the rules, im being a prick too, but within the rules..... so burn me, they are rules i just got shouted at for, and got a warning after showing frustration with them and staff - so yeah.. there you are, MoDaCo rules, :D Im following them and suggesting that infringers of said rules are appropriately moderated... be intersting to see if that happens after the slapping i got.

Midnight was very clear "no talk of games, game roms or game characters"... now look up. My point taken then...

Remember the good ole days of the Amiga A500 ? Remember Datel's Action Replay cart ? they made you sign a disclaimer AFTER they took your money, which they wanted back BEFORE they sent you your cart :D - they knew too....

Thanks.

No removal of that image yet....

I cant say the word on it, it will get edited / removed, but MoDoCo doesnt mind hosting a pic that says it for us hehehe, too funny.