U8110 Android 2.1 ROM

Guest BigBearMDC

Guest bas-r
I'm not heaving porblems with rooting... I already rooted it and I even had root access through adb.

The problem is that it's not possible to flash the boot or recovery partition with fastboot, and I don't [exactly] know why.

My theory is that this update is a beta, so there are some things that aren't working properly, like fastboot.

This is a software problem that can't be resolved without re-flashing the dec update, to get back the old fastboot mode.

I already have the rooted update.zip ready, just waiting to get flashed.

So if I understand correctly: if you would release your untested rooted update.zip, people that would install that would have Eclair, but no way of ADB'ing or fastbooting the device anymore?

At least, until this is resolved?

Sounds like waiting for t-mob is a better idea.

Guest BigBearMDC
So if I understand correctly: if you would release your untested rooted update.zip, people that would install that would have Eclair, but no way of ADB'ing or fastbooting the device anymore?

Well, that means I have a untested Eclair update.zip, but it should be fully working, including A2SD, busybox, adb etc.

Like the MCR's...

But I can't test it.

It could also be that the current system partition is too small, and you would have to apply the original Eclair update first.

Edited by BigBearMDC

Guest Josh04
That's why I use Linux at home, because when I'm in work, using XP or 7 just always feels like compromising with the usefulness.

I've got msysgit and netbeans, and Ubuntu server in a VM if I ever need something more complicated. Anyone know of a nice terminal emulator for windows? Something like putty, but for a local terminal.

Guest MarcusHenrique

No, I think he's the only one who lost Fastboot access because he updated with the UPDATA.APP file. If he releases the update.zip we will flash it and possibly continue with our fastboot/recovery mode working allright.

Am I right Bobo?

Guest BigBearMDC
No, I think he's the only one who lost Fastboot access because he updated with the UPDATA.APP file. If he releases the update.zip we will flash it and possibly continue with our fastboot/recovery mode working allright.

Am I right Bobo?

Exactly.

My update.zip is like any other on this forum.

Guest bas-r
Well, that means I have a untested Eclair update.zip, but it should be fully working, including A2SD, busybox, adb etc.

Like the MCR's...

But I can't test it.

It could also be that the current system partition is too small, and you would have to apply the original Eclair update first.

Mm, and you cannot supply us with that original update. So it's a no go uptil now.

Well, bummer, but it's not the end of the world.

Do you have some other tricks up your sleeve that you could try?

/edit: aha, so light at the end of the tunnel.

You might wanna put it out there to a limited group of people that want to try it out?

Edited by bas-r

Guest MarcusHenrique

Like the MCR's...

But I can't test it.

That's what I've thought...

Then, all you have to do is arse pain Amon-RA so he helps you to make his recovery mode works with eclair. :P tooooo easy!

Guest BigBearMDC

I have some other ideas I will try.

I'm thinking of this the whole day ...

As an example, I'll download and unpack the dec update, and flash that system image.

Then I'll try to reapply the dec update.

Guest Csöpi
Exactly.

My update.zip is like any other on this forum.

Why dont u just realise that? It would be our responsibility to install is or not. If you write that down that its maybe not working or u cant go back, then we can decide if we want that or not. And then some other people could help ya out with the problems.

Guest MarcusHenrique
I have some other ideas I will try.

I'm thinking of this the whole day ...

As an example, I'll download and unpack the dec update, and flash that system image.

Then I'll try to reapply the dec update.

Nice Idea. Theorically if flashing the system image rearranges system/recovery partitions it'll solve all your (and our) problems. :D

I'm crossing my fingers again. Pulse is plugged to my work pc and I'm fully back'd up! :P

Guest Stevos
Hi, I think I might have found the source of all beta roms:

http://www.hiapk.com/bbs/announcement.php?id=26#26

Looks like the recruitment for beta testers.. Use translator.

It looks to me like it's for internal job recruitment rather than external beta testers?

Actually (via google translate) I can't see anything on that page relating to Huawei, T-mobile, or the pulse...

Guest BigBearMDC
Nice Idea. Theorically if flashing the system image rearranges system/recovery partitions it'll solve all your (and our) problems. :D

I'm crossing my fingers again. Pulse is plugged to my work pc and I'm fully back'd up! :P

Yap, but unfortunately I think fastboot mode is responsible for the partition layout.

And the only way to restore the old partition layout is to reapply the dec update, and thus the older fastboot version.

Guest Josh04

This is what other people call the SPL, right? The partition layout? Presumably they need to adjust it to make room for that huge 2.1 ROM. Does flashing in recovery mode work, i.e. nandroid?

Build number: MoDaCo Custom ROM 1.7, REBOOT REQUIRED

Edited by Josh04

Guest BigBearMDC
This is what other people call the SPL, right? The partition layout? Presumably they need to adjust it to make room for that huge 2.1 ROM. Does flashing in recovery mode work, i.e. nandroid?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the system partition is too small ...

Flashing in recovery does work, but not for the Eclair update.zip ... I don't know why.

Edit: Thanks, but that's not what I meant :P

It should look something like U8230V100XXX...

Edited by BigBearMDC

Guest mr.a
Could someone please post the Build Number of the 1.7 Vanilla MCR?

do you mean:

MoDaCo Custom Rom 1.7, SSH password:

P0_5mO

EDIT: sorry i am using stock t-mobile 1.7 MCR

Edited by mr.a

Guest BigBearMDC
do you mean:

MoDaCo Custom Rom 1.7, SSH password:

P0_5mO

EDIT: sorry i am using stock t-mobile 1.7 MCR

Never mention :P

What I meant is that string that looks like "U8230V100XXXXXX" or something like this :D

Guest BigBearMDC
this?

Is it or not?

Oh, sorry, my bad.

I guess I have to look it up on my own, through the build.prop file.

Thanks anyway guys :P

Guest Josh04

No, Paul genuinely changed the U8220V100... string to "MoDaCo Custom...". They're in the same field in build.prop, ro.build.display.id.

Guest mr.a
Oh, sorry, my bad.

I guess I have to look it up on my own, through the build.prop file.

Thanks anyway guys :P

i think i've found mine. i am using stock T-mo 1.7 MCR

U8220V100R001GBRC85B118(SP01_SYSIMG)

i am not sure if the SP01 is part of it or not

EDIT: this is the APPFS version number. And i have no idea what that means :D

Edited by mr.a

Guest shisan
Never mention :P

What I meant is that string that looks like "U8230V100XXXXXX" or something like this :D

1.7 is based on the December Update release

Guest BigBearMDC
i think i've found mine. i am using stock T-mo 1.7 MCR

U8220V100R001GBRC85B118(SP01_SYSIMG)

i am not sure if the SP01 is part of it or not

Perfect, thanks :P

This safes me time when I'm at home again.

Edited by BigBearMDC

Guest Josh04

EDIT: ^^ nm.

Oh, the Vanilla is a U8230 ROM as well, if that's important. Only the T-Mobile is a U8220 ROM.

Edited by Josh04