U8110 Android 2.1 ROM

Guest BigBearMDC

Guest BigBearMDC
EDIT: ^^ nm.

Oh, the Vanilla is a U8230 ROM as well, if that's important. Only the T-Mobile is a U8220 ROM.

Yap, but that doesn't matter.

I just need one of the version strings of a ROM that can be updated by the dec update :P

Guest Josh04

I just need one of the version strings of a ROM that can be updated by the dec update :P

Ah, makes sense :D good luck.

Guest bindi
i think i've found mine. i am using stock T-mo 1.7 MCR

U8220V100R001GBRC85B118(SP01_SYSIMG)

i am not sure if the SP01 is part of it or not

EDIT: this is the APPFS version number. And i have no idea what that means :P

Above is correct i.e. U8220V100R001GBRC85B118 SP01 is for Pulse with Dec Update in UK and ending with 116 SP01 is without Dec update in UK.

Guest MarcusHenrique

So you're good to go?

Guest BigBearMDC

Oh, sorry I forgot.

Somebody asked about the battery life: well; it may have improved a bit, but it's not very noticeable, I have to plug it in every day ...

Guest Speckles

He's getting his priorities right, Android hacking > Girlfriend :P

You need to hurry up, I've bricked my phone! I tried to downgrade it, but all I get now is that the power button does nothing whatsoever. No vibration, no display, nada, and I'm not skilled enough to fix it, if it's even possible, but I can guess I can buy another pulse and donate this one to somone?

[EDIT: In which case, ignore the "hurry up" - the phones toast as far as I'm aware. I'm no android hacker.]

Edited by Speckles

Guest BigBearMDC
He's getting his priorities right, Android hacking > Girlfriend :P

You need to hurry up, I've bricked my phone! I tried to downgrade it, but all I get now is that the power button does nothing whatsoever. No vibration, no display, nada, and I'm not skilled enough to fix it, if it's even possible, but I can guess I can buy another pulse and donate this one to somone?

I wouldn't mind to have a second Pulse :D

No, just kidding, what happened?

Guest Speckles

For some reason I decided to use the "./fastboot flash" command on the boot partition and it died. Maybe next time I should read the instructions first!

(I've no idea why I did the above, it just seemed a good idea at the time)

Is this fixable? It doesn't seem to want to allow me to have another go.

Edited by Speckles

Guest BigBearMDC
For some reason I decided to use the "./fastboot flash" command on the boot partition and it died. Maybe next time I should read the instructions first!

(I've no idea why I did the above, it just seemed a good idea at the time)

No problem, flash the amon-ra, boot to it, apply any ROM, put out your sim card, goto sd settings and reflash the UPDATA :P

Edited by BigBearMDC

Guest Paul

I'm about to post a MCR for Pulse Mini with kitchen, so if I can be of any assistance in this, get in touch!

I haven't tried booting it on a regular pulse yet...

P

Guest BigBearMDC
I'm about to post a MCR for Pulse Mini with kitchen, so if I can be of any assistance in this, get in touch!

I haven't tried booting it on a regular pulse yet...

P

Hi Paul!

Thanks for your help!

My problem is: I have a rooted ROM, but can't flash it because fastboot isn't working properly.

I can't even reinstall the dec update to get the older fastboot version back :P

In detail:

I flashed an UPDATA.APP file, this replaced fastboot too.

If I now want to flash the recovery iamge or boot image, it will flash without problems, but into the matching partitions.

As an example: I flashed the amon-ra recovery and suddenly ended up with two working recovery modes, one from Huawei and the other from amon-ra.

But then the phone didn't boot up anymore, so I guess when I try to flash the recovery image using fastboot, it will overwrite the system or boot partition :D

Any ideas?

Best Regards,

BigBear

Edited by BigBearMDC