U8110 Android 2.1 ROM

Guest BigBearMDC

Guest DarkBytePH

It's a really great news that we have some backstage informations about the upcoming ROM. Keep us updated!

BigBear, is the annoying "plugging in the headset jack automatically starts the audio player" thing still presents in the 2.1 ROM? Also i like to know if notifications sounds and music are still played for the time of notification together on the external speaker of Pulse when a headset is connected. This last thing is damn annoying and i should put the phone all the time into a "vibrate only" mode when i'm using the headset to not be embarrassed in public. :P

Guest flip360

i am very glad that we are going to have the 2.1 update and if paul doesnt have the time to do a modaco ROM for pulse then i think we are lucky to have the local hero do it instead :P great work bear keep us updated and hope to see a release soon!

cheers

Guest Azurren
It's a really great news that we have some backstage informations about the upcoming ROM. Keep us updated!

BigBear, is the annoying "plugging in the headset jack automatically starts the audio player" thing still presents in the 2.1 ROM? Also i like to know if notifications sounds and music are still played for the time of notification together on the external speaker of Pulse when a headset is connected. This last thing is damn annoying and i should put the phone all the time into a "vibrate only" mode when i'm using the headset to not be embarrassed in public. :P

You can solve the first problem with an app called autostarts (disable music under on media button pressed)

Although I know this shouldn't be nessisary.

Your second problem can be solved via selecting a notification tone that doesn't draw unwanted attention to yourself.. A short jingle perhaps? :D

Guest DarkBytePH
You can solve the first problem with an app called autostarts (disable music under on media button pressed)

Although I know this shouldn't be nessisary.

Your second problem can be solved via selecting a notification tone that doesn't draw unwanted attention to yourself.. A short jingle perhaps? :D

This Autostarts application looks promising, although i can't find it in the Market currently (i think it requires Donut or higher), but in the new ROM i hope it will work. Update: no, i don't see it because it's a non-free application and those are not showing up when using Android from Hungary. :P

The second tip is still not so great. If i listen to music loud on the headphones, it will sound loud on the speaker for the time of notification too. Maybe the underlying hardware can't handle the two sound output separately, maybe Cupcake doesn't mix streams to their sound channel correctly. I don't know, but i'm hoping in the last one, and that in Eclair this is already fixed.

Edited by DarkBytePH

Guest BigBearMDC
This Autostarts application looks promising, although i can't find it in the Market currently (i think it requires Donut or higher), but in the new ROM i hope it will work. Update: no, i don't see it because it's a non-free application and those are not showing up when using Android from Hungary. :P

The second tip is still not so great. If i listen to music loud on the headphones, it will sound loud on the speaker for the time of notification too. Maybe the underlying hardware can't handle the two sound output separately, maybe Cupcake doesn't mix streams to their sound channel correctly. I don't know, but i'm hoping in the last one, and that in Eclair this is already fixed.

I never had this issue with the starting music player when I plug my headset in :D

But I'm pretty sure that the HW is able to play different sounds on different audio devices.

I had an weird issue a while ago, I wanted to hear some music, but when I started the player I dind't hear anything.

I thought I turned down the volume, so I turned it to max. I heard something, but it wasn't loud at all.

I held the phone to my ear and realised that the sound was playing through the in-call speaker :P

Only rebooting the phone solved this...

But anyway, I will just try it.

Hold on a sec...

Ok, tried it now.

Nothing happens when I plug in the headset.

Only a headset icon appears, that's all.

But notifications keep playing through headset and the speaker.

You can disable notifications in the sounds menu, I'm not sure if this was possible with cupcake?

Greetings,

BigBear

Edited by BigBearMDC

Guest DarkBytePH
I never had this issue with the starting music player when I plug my headset in :P

But I'm pretty sure that the HW is able to play different sounds on different audio devices.

I had an weird issue a while ago, I wanted to hear some music, but when I started the player I dind't hear anything.

I thought I turned down the volume, so I turned it to max. I heard something, but it wasn't loud at all.

I held the phone to my ear and realised that the sound was playing through the in-call speaker :D

Only rebooting the phone solved this...

But anyway, I will just try it.

Hold on a sec...

To be more precise, as a developer it looks like me, that when some application triggers the audio hardware to play something, and headset is connected, the audio player also starts playing. (I can hear from the white noise that the audio hardware is on) So e.g. if i want to watch some movie on the device with my headset, as soon as i start the playback of the movie, the media player also starts playing music. :P

Edited by DarkBytePH

Guest BigBearMDC
To be more precise, as a developer it looks like me, that when some application triggers the audio hardware to play something, and headset is connected, the audio player also starts playing. (I can hear from the white noise that the audio hardware is on) So e.g. if i want to watch some movie on the device with my headset, as soon as i start the playback of the movie, the media player also starts playing music. :P

Hmm okay I'll try that too.

Hold on a further sec :P

Okay, tried that too.

Audio player didn't start; heard only the video, nothing else :D

Edited by BigBearMDC

Guest DarkBytePH
Hmm okay I'll try that too.

Hold on a further sec :P

Okay, tried that too.

Audio player didn't start; heard only the video, nothing else :D

Great :P Thanks for testing! :D

Please don't release the ROM on the next week, else i will fail with my diploma work :P

Guest BigBearMDC
Great :D Thanks for testing! :P

Please don't release the ROM on the next week, else i will fail with my diploma work :P

Well, I thought of releasing it today but ... Okay.

Heard that guys?

Release delayed to next week :P

Edited by BigBearMDC

Guest David Horvath
Great :D Thanks for testing! :P

I'm in the same shoes, i'll have my thesis defence on the 2nd of June, so until that please dont release the update, or else i will fail.. :D

(Okay guys, now you can kill me :P)

Guest neopeek

Heard that guys?

Release delayed to next week :P

just release it today ;-)

I will telepathically try to help DarkBytePH (in case that fails, I am responsible, and hey: diploma is overvalued, you just need them for your first job entrance, afterwards nobody cries so much for it)

Guest Daniel Williamson

Heard that guys?

Release delayed to next week :D

Woah let's hold on a minute here if you serious about releasing it today then I'm sorry guy above but there are like another 1000 people waiting for this ROM. I don't care if it comes out when I'm suppose to be revising for my A levels. So please go ahead bear the sooner the better. and I think he means don't release it next week so if your serious then go for it today :P

Dan

Guest David Horvath

Dan, we are joking. :P If it can be released, i certainly think that our beloved bear friend will, no matter who has what.

@BigBear: how's Knut?

Edit:

Something came to my mind: BigBear: Is Huawei actively developing the ROM? Or they are just having one programmer on it and thats all.

Edited by David Horvath

Guest DarkBytePH
just release it today ;-)

I will telepathically try to help DarkBytePH (in case that fails, I am responsible, and hey: diploma is overvalued, you just need them for your first job entrance, afterwards nobody cries so much for it)

I'm already working as a programmer for more than a year. :D It's a pain in the ass to do all my remaining things for the university together with my work, but there are much more worser scenarios so i'm trying to carry on. :P

Guest DanWilson
@xangma I think the update reflashed the TS controller too. I think I would have to reflash fastboot to get everything working again :D

No, no, no, that's not good :P Can't reflash the dec update, touchscreen not working after flashing MCR ... I'm pretty screwed :P

Why does this all sound catastrophically bad? :P

Guest BigBearMDC
Why does this all sound catastrophically bad? :P

Because it is :D

I can't reflash the dec update, that means I have to find a workaround for flashing the recovery image...

Installing the update was a one-way-road, if I knew that earlier...

Guest neopeek
I'm already working as a programmer for more than a year. :D It's a pain in the ass to do all my remaining things for the university together with my work, but there are much more worser scenarios so i'm trying to carry on. :P

cool, I like that attitude.

Then it should also not be difficult with your self discipline to wait while we all try the Android 2.1 :-)