Pulse Mini spotted for £99

Guest Motoko

Guest dodge-167

is it faster then the original Pulse? And the speed, is it any better? Camera, with flash?

I will defenetly buy this Mini....

EDIT: Can you post some camera samples?

Edited by dodge-167

Guest Azurren

The pulse mini should be faster as it's processor runs just that little but faster (+100mhz) probably done to reduce the lag that came with android 2.1 we pulse users will get to experience that first hand :P

Could you sign up to the swype beta program and try out that keyboard? I have a feeling that it would work well on a smaller screen..

Although we had to install a custom rom before out worked properly.. No harm in trying though :huh:

The pulse mini should be faster as it's processor runs just that little but faster (+100mhz) probably done to reduce the lag that came with android 2.1 we pulse users will get to experience that first hand :huh:

Cheers for the info.

Pulse Mini it is then :P

Guest Azurren
Cheers for the info.

Pulse Mini it is then :blink:

Well actually my above post was comparing the speed of the pulse to that of the pulse mini :huh:

But yeah the pulse mini runs android 2.1 and probably does have a faster processor than the tattoo. Apparently the pulse mini has a better screen than the tattoo (less grainy) and can be used with a styles (may be needed with a small screen) and finger nails :P (the tattoo can only be controlled via skin contact)

The only thing that the tattoo has over the mini is sense ui and customizable body (which she may like)

What network was the tattoo under? Tmobile offer far better mobile internet deals than any other with a fair use of 3gb per month vs 500mb or less. (just to put that into perspective bbc iplayer hq videos are around 50mb and youtube can be upto 100mb each)

Edited by Azurren

Well actually my above post was comparing the speed of the pulse to that of the pulse mini :blink:

But yeah the pulse mini runs android 2.1 and probably does have a faster processor than the tattoo. Apparently the pulse mini has a better screen than the tattoo (less grainy) and can be used with a styles (may be needed with a small screen) and finger nails :o (the tattoo can only be controlled via skin contact)

The only thing that the tattoo has over the mini is sense ui and customizable body (which she may like)

What network was the tattoo under? Tmobile offer far better mobile internet deals than any other with a fair use of 3gb per month vs 500mb or less. (just to put that into perspective bbc iplayer hq videos are around 50mb and youtube can be upto 100mb each)

Ah I see :huh:

We had a brief play with the Tattoo in-store the other day, and the Tattoo felt responsive enough. But 2.1 is definitely worth it (the Pulse Mini is also £80 less than the Tattoo).

AFAIK, the Tattoo and the Pulse both have resistive screens, so they both respond better with use of a stylus. Haven't seen the screen on the Mini yet, but if it's better than than that of the Tattoo (which was very nice regardless), that's a big plus :P

We found the Tattoo on Play.com for £180 unlocked, which is an alright deal, but as you (and myself :D) pointed out, T-Mobile have the better of the deals regarding Internet usage. I've never had any trouble with T-Mobile regarding limits and I use it a fair bit every day.

Edited by Guest

Guest xarxiusxiii
The pulse mini should be faster as it's processor runs just that little but faster (+100mhz)

Actually, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Pulse Mini has a Qualcomm MSM7225, which runs at 528Mhz. This is the same processor that is used in the Tattoo, so in theory it shouldn't be any faster.

I had a go with a friend's HTC Tattoo, and it seemed pretty responsive to me, the only gripe was I could not type on it to save my life...

That's why I'll be avoiding the Pulse Mini :huh:

Guest Daniel Williamson
Mmm.. I'm not sure whether to get the mini in July or the Pulse.

Help?

By july hopefully the pulse will have 2.1 by then so i would say stick with buying a pulse.

Dan

Guest Azurren
Actually, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Pulse Mini has a Qualcomm MSM7225, which runs at 528Mhz. This is the same processor that is used in the Tattoo, so in theory it shouldn't be any faster.

I had a go with a friend's HTC Tattoo, and it seemed pretty responsive to me, the only gripe was I could not type on it to save my life...

That's why I'll be avoiding the Pulse Mini :huh:

All the latest reviews of the pulse mini I have read say that it's got a 600mhz+/_

But I have no idea what the specs are on the tattoo.

Guest zerosignull
All the latest reviews of the pulse mini I have read say that it's got a 600mhz+/_

But I have no idea what the specs are on the tattoo.

Itsa 528 Mhz processor same as the Pulse. What will make it fly in comparison is the extra 70~MB of RAM

Guest Spooke
Unfortunately not for sale in NL yet, and not yet spotted on ebay.co.uk :blink:

C'mon guys, my GF needs a phone :huh:

I wouldnt buy the tattoo, its way overpriced for what it is :P

Have a look at this review though,

http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2010/04/26/t-..._medium=twitter

Also, The Pulse Mini will be available in April in Austria, Croatia, Hungary, Montenegro, Macedonia, Netherlands, Slovakia, and the United Kingdom.

Edited by Spooke

Guest bas-r
I wouldnt buy the tattoo, its way overpriced for what it is :huh:

Have a look at this review though,

http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2010/04/26/t-..._medium=twitter

Also, The Pulse Mini will be available in April in Austria, Croatia, Hungary, Montenegro, Macedonia, Netherlands, Slovakia, and the United Kingdom.

I was talking about the Mini. Can't find it in NL yet, that's why I'm checking out Ebay.co.uk on a daily basis.

Guest battletank

I bought a couple of these - one for each of my kids - yesterday.

Amazing little phones - certainly appear to have GPS functionality; it has the option to turn GPS and AGPS on/off, although I haven't tested it yet.

2.1 runs smoothly enough, even has live wallpapers should you find this in anyway useful.

As ever with a new phone, many apps are missing from the market - hopefully that'll come soon - either with root access, or when Google pull their collective finger out.

Guest Josh04

Is there an image of the software disk anywhere?

EDIT: NM, the Pulse drivers work.

Edited by Josh04

Guest zerosignull
Is there an image of the software disk anywhere?

EDIT: NM, the Pulse drivers work.

try deleting the "system\cust" directory in the ROM. that should remove most if not all the t-mobile customisations.

Can someone tell me which of the 3 image files (ramdisk.img, system.img, boot.img) the actual kernel is in?

Guest battletank

Not sure that reply relates to the question (or to the topic either)...

Anyway, given the hardware differences, software differences, and everything else - can I suggest a separate PULSE MINI subforum?

Guest Azurren
Not sure that reply relates to the question (or to the topic either)...

Anyway, given the hardware differences, software differences, and everything else - can I suggest a separate PULSE MINI subforum?

Proberly would be best. But it can piggy-back the pulses for now :P

When some custom roms start rolling out then it will be essential.

Guest McSpoon
Pulse Mini forum coming. I ordered one too! :D

Cool. :P

It looks like the upcoming Vodafone845 will essentially be a rebranded Pulse Mini, aka U8110 / U8100 / C8600 and any other name it's given. Labeling the new forum could get complicated. :P