14/Jun r6 riskfreeroot - HTC Desire rooting guide - now with HBOOT 0.80 and OS to 1.21 support

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest AndyCr15
is the same for the Legend???

Now I'm no expert, but I'd be fairly sure the answer is no. Why would it be the same?

**EDIT** Just to check, the Goldcard, can I use an old 2gig MicroSD for that, complete the operation and then go back to my normal card, or does the GoldCard need to be the one that is then used in the phone?

Edited by AndyCr15

Guest Biliskner

All I'm looking for is Apps2SD, first day I got my Desire, installed usual apps (as well as all the Google 2.1 apps unavailable on Hero), and BAM!! LOW MEMORY. I was like 'wat'? Uninstalled Google Earth with sad face for the next week :P(((((

Been following you on Twitter / here (not so much here, too many single line posts and same questions over and over - no offense guys :huh: since Hero 1.1 ROM.

Great work Paul, the 3.2 ROM is slickiest on the Hero... but I say good bye to my good friend tomorrow, I sold him on ebay.

Keep it up P.

-b

ps. a2sd ftw!

Guest Micha B

great work!

in fact i will wait for a2sd, because thats the most important thing for me having root...

a newbie question: is possible to go back to the original state after rooting the desire ?

will the current rom be saved somewhere for a later backup ?

thank you!

micha

Guest AndyCr15

Yeah, Apps2SD is a big one for me too. I'm sure many of you saw this alread -

@Paul Tomorrow - Legend root, HTC_CIME update zip and MCR r14 and CM 5.0.6 for Desire.

Cool :huh: I guess it's worth getting the root done today and then the flash of CM 5.0.6 is nice and easy tomorrow.

**EDIT** Damn, Paul came and beat me to it, lol

Edited by AndyCr15

Wow. Incredible work paul. Speaking of Incredible...did you manage to get ahold of one and try this out?

Incredible = CDMA = no use here in the UK!

P

Guest The Jedi

i asked this ealier at "HTC Desire root update" topic but that topic is closed now.

what i want to know is will any gold card work for this? i got a gold card i was using for my htc magic a couple of months ago and am wondering if i can use it for the desire or do i have to go through the process again.

Thanks in advance