14/Jun r6 riskfreeroot - HTC Desire rooting guide - now with HBOOT 0.80 and OS to 1.21 support

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Biliskner
Same thing here!!! But if I use the goldcard, everything works fine. If I change card, then phone stucks on quietly brilliant!

PAUL, H E L P!!!

I can't even boot with goldcard anymore. I can't even flash or get adb-linux to recognize the device/my phone :huh: in linux........

Guest Biliskner

Help Paul - why doesn't it recognize in linux? If i can get the green menu up again on my phone I'll just reflash the ROM and A2SD.

Guest tonemgub
Help Paul - why doesn't it recognize in linux? If i can get the green menu up again on my phone I'll just reflash the ROM and A2SD.

can u wait some minutes???

Guest h00pyfr00d

Just finished mine and thought I'd share my experiences:

VMWare worked fine for me but first go failed due to 'Busybox permission denied'. It's better to run from terminal rather than double clicking the icon as originally I thought nothing was happening since you get no feedback echos from icon interface.

Rebooted the phone when it was already in recovery and tried again. Needed the 'sudo' command but worked a treat after that...although the optical tracker is a bit suspect in the recovery console.

An interesting thing happened when flashing the radio. At one point recovery console went crazy and kept trying to mount the USB and when I rebooted got the little green sync arrows but no new radio. Did it again and it worked however once booted up got a little message saying 'Congratulations. You have successfully upgraded to firmware 1.15.405.4' Anyone else see this?

New radio seems to have given me an extra bar but maybe that's just conjecture. Going to try a speed test in a min.

Gratz to Paul. Truly the god of Android. Godroid?

Guest vinc78

Hey, thanks to you, I just rooted my Desire!

Thank you Paul!

On my french phone, I had only 2 choices : French or English.

For those who asked, French works perfectly!

Une photo pour les intéressés (bien qu'il ne soient pas nombreux): Par ici

Edited by vinc78

Guest as24144

How can I do the root of my Desire with Windows 7 and not with Lunux or mac?How to made a gold card i dont'know...i have read the guide of Paoul but i don't understand...for example in coommand dos when i write the srings tha machine don't know this....SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH I AM AN ITALIAN BOY!

Guest BeRtjh
How can I do the root of my Desire with Windows 7 and not with Lunux or mac?How to made a gold card i dont'know...i have read the guide of Paoul but i don't understand...for example in coommand dos when i write the srings tha machine don't know this....SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH I AM AN ITALIAN BOY!

You are required to use Windows and Mac/Linux.

Edited by BeRtjh

Guest Biliskner
went to bootloader - recovery mode - clearstorage - Yes - it boots.

strange.

For anyone having probs installing A2SD (continual loop etc) : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=659616

Gonna play with adb now, got right into it....

8th April 2010, 02:15 AM

murdoch1

Member Join Date: Jan 2010

Reset

Straight From HTC website:-

Performing a factory reset (hard reset)

If you're passing your phone on to someone else or your phone has a persistent problem that cannot be solved, you can do a factory reset (also called a hard reset). This returns your phone to the state it was in before the first time you turned it on.

Note: Factory reset will not remove the data and files that are in your phone’s microSD card.

Factory reset is not a step to be taken lightly. It will permanently delete all your data and customized settings, and will also remove any applications you've downloaded and installed. Be sure to back up any data and files you want to keep before you do a factory reset.

Performing a factory reset via settings

The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the phone settings.

1. From the Home screen, press MENU and then tap Settings.

2. Scroll down the screen and then tap Privacy > Factory data reset.

3. On the Factory data reset screen, tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.

Performing a factory reset using phone buttons

If you cannot turn on your phone or access the phone settings, you can still perform a factory reset by using the buttons on the phone.

1. With the phone turned off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button.

2. Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button..

3. Press VOLUME DOWN to select CLEAR STORAGE, and then press POWER.

4. Press VOLUME UP to start the factory reset.

Guest Obviously

Can someone maybe make a video of the rooting, step by step, and upload it to youtube?

It will make it much more understandable for the people who doesn't speak english.

Thanks in advance

Guest fubuman_05

i think app2sd dont work correctly...

when i install a application.. then I have less internalspace... but the app is installed on the sd card... here a example pic

(sorry for my bad english)

app2sdox0n.png

is that normal?

Guest as24144
Can someone maybe make a video of the rooting, step by step, and upload it to youtube?

It will make it much more understandable for the people who doesn't speak english.

Thanks in advance

QUOTE!!!

Guest tonemgub
the battery has been out of the phone for 30mins, then replaced and still quietly brilliantly loop :|

sorry! :P

yes... then do it self, you can read english. Please post the youtubelink here.

Thanks in advance.

ROLF :huh:

Guest Biliskner

hmm, something is wrong with my device. It doesn't recognize any SD cards or my SIM card. I think the A2SD.zip really stuffed something up (still cannot get it to recognize in Linux)

Guest Obviously
sorry! :P

yes... then do it self, you can read english. Please post the youtubelink here.

Thanks in advance.

ROLF :huh:

Right wisenose,

(sorry for offtopic)

1) my native language is Dutch

2) my English sucks quite hard

3) I am a total noob in rooting, so i am not going to try and root my Desire with the chance of damaging him!

Edited by Obviously

Guest gregDT

Tinycorelinux looks sweet. I'm always scared to do anything serious in a terminal inside windows. That's where everything usually goes wrong. So a pure linux process seems a far better option. Either way I have root and apps2sd working fine. Thanks and I'll sort out an ad free subscription.

Now to reinstall all those apps again...... :huh:

Edited by gregDT

Guest salahag
Just wanted to confirm that marked enabler works when rooted :huh:

I download this and installed it on phone : http://www.4shared.com/file/DhxsoFSX/PaidAppsFix.htm

And now i have access to paid apps from Norway

Thank you very much for the root Paul :P

I tried Market Enabler and works perfectly.

How is this file "PaidAppFix" different than Market Enabler?

Guest BeRtjh
gregDT, did you use the TCL solution?

P

Paul,

what's the possibility of releasing a CyanogenMod for the Desire?

Kind regards and thanks for your efforts!

Guest ascito

@Paul

The new full Linux method with tinycorelinux, would it work with Ubuntu?...Just to not install the third OS over my desktop...

Edited by ascito