14/Jun r6 riskfreeroot - HTC Desire rooting guide - now with HBOOT 0.80 and OS to 1.21 support

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest sparklehedgehog
ive got everything to work in the rooting process except when i get to the update.zip file installation. it's on my sd card called update.zip, yet it says

Verifying update package...

E: signature verification failed

Installation aborted

why is this and how do i solve it please? i've done the wipe as required etc

done the goldcard thing

followed it letter for letter

PLEASE?!?!?!?!

p.s. i tried it with it called rootedupdate.zip too!

ANY HELP PLEASE?! i even extracted the rootedupdate.zip from the iso and that didnt work either named as update.zip or rootedupdate.zip

also how do you confirm once its done that you are rooted?

Guest BeRtjh
It won't flash, or you'll end with the bootloop described earlier (nothing impossible to reverse, indeed).

Bootloop is generated after flashing the device, so you can't bootloop it before flashing. Thus nothing will happen to his device when GoldCard method isn't done correctly.

Guest BeRtjh
ANY HELP PLEASE?! i even extracted the rootedupdate.zip from the iso and that didnt work either named as update.zip or rootedupdate.zip

Try downloading the rootedupdate.zip again...

Guest jackdaniels_lee

you shouldnt be extracting the zip as it is a signed update file, just drop it on your SD card an follow the instructions, the only file to extract is "push files"

Guest mardox

ok thanks:) ill just give it a try with the card i think i just made into a goldcard atleast:P

but now im running inte more problems, after burning the iso onto a disc windows (7) just gives me the option to veiw files on disc and i am not finding what file/program to boot/boot it with ?

Guest BeRtjh
ok thanks:) ill just give it a try with the card i think i just made into a goldcard atleast:P

but now im running inte more problems, after burning the iso onto a disc windows (7) just gives me the option to veiw files on disc and i am not finding what file/program to boot/boot it with ?

You can try using VMWare or booting up with the disc you just burned.

Guest jackdaniels_lee

write/print the instructions and reboot you pc into the Linux distro, you can only run it within widows using a VM (more carry on).

Guest lnoormohamed

ok rooted now im stuck with wifi teather and how to install A2SD do i have to user recovery and do i put it on the gold card or normal sd card?

Guest mardox

well i am trying to boot with the disc ofc, but when inserting it windows just wants to show me th files on the disc not boot anything :S

Guest jackdaniels_lee
well i am trying to boot with the disc ofc, but when inserting it windows just wants to show me th files on the disc not boot anything :S

shut down you pc and boot from CD

Guest BeRtjh

You need to insert the disc, reboot your pc and selecting to boot from the disc instead of the Hard Drive (Usually pressing F8 whilst booting). (Write down the guide before rebooting).

Guest Xeronage

Need some help here. As soon as /sbin/recovery starts I can't use the volume keys to select an options ~_~. I can't finish step 2.

EDIT: Nevermind, I had to use the trackpad much more violently ~_~

Edited by Xeronage

Guest theboxman
I simply don't get the point on why so many guys out there keep struggling with VMs and USB emulation stuff instead of simply burn a CD and insert it into the drive.

Perhaps this was not clear enough: you don't need to install Linux on your computer, you can boot it from a Linux LiveCD and actually have Linux up and running without ever touching your hard disk.

Just in case. :huh:

Yes although it will eliminate the necessity of having a blank CD/DVD around and restarting your computer. The first costs money and time and the second might take ages if you were using windoze - Good old ubuntu is, of course, a different story! I'm going to upload my version of QEMU for those that don't wish to go through the whole burning rebooting process.

Should simply be a matter of popping the iso file into the root directory of the zip, calling it current.iso [as I'm too lazy to rewrite the .bat file to point to whatever the exact file name of the new file is or whatever the new-ones may be!] and click it in windows......

Course I haven't tried it....I'm still waiting for definate confirmation that the ROM has both spanish and english languages....If it doesn't has both I can't use it yet :-D However the second that happens my device is getting rooted! ;-)

Guest Elemetrix
I simply don't get the point on why so many guys out there keep struggling with VMs and USB emulation stuff instead of simply burn a CD and insert it into the drive.

Perhaps this was not clear enough: you don't need to install Linux on your computer, you can boot it from a Linux LiveCD and actually have Linux up and running without ever touching your hard disk.

Just in case. :huh:

Simple really. Using a VM means I can keep checking back on this thread for advice ;-) If I had a spare computer i'd just boot the disk.

For the Apps2SD install having used the TCL root method do you have to go through the whole Step1 again just to get to that menu or is there a quicker way now that it is rooted? (the guide says Go into recovery via linux (./recovery-linux.sh) which with this method we didn't knowingly do due to the scripts.)

Guest sparklehedgehog
you shouldnt be extracting the zip as it is a signed update file, just drop it on your SD card an follow the instructions, the only file to extract is "push files"

so are you saying that i should have the push files on the sd card too and unzipped as well as the rootedupdate.zip? i never unzipped the rootedupdate file, just meant i took it from the linux iso thingy

im using the r3 version of this rooting method

so what files (word for word cause i'm crap at this) should i have on my sd card to enable me to do the update.zip function?

cheers in advance!

Guest BeRtjh
so are you saying that i should have the push files on the sd card too and unzipped as well as the rootedupdate.zip? i never unzipped the rootedupdate file, just meant i took it from the linux iso thingy

im using the r3 version of this rooting method

so what files (word for word cause i'm crap at this) should i have on my sd card to enable me to do the update.zip function?

cheers in advance!

You need to boot with your GoldCard AND the rootedupdate.zip on it (rootedupdate.zip on the root of the microSD, without extracting).

Edited by BeRtjh

Guest sparklehedgehog
You need to boot with your GoldCard AND the rootedupdate.zip on it (rootedupdate.zip on the root of the microSD, without extracting).

it is!

Guest kiokoman

excellent. works like a charm on my kubuntu 64 bit after extracting the script from the iso, i have only added a line on stage2.sh: ./adb push a2sd.zip /sdcard :huh:

thanks paul

Guest joenstrup

Step2.sh is not going well!

It stops at push line #4 (files/sbin/unyaffs -> sbin/unyaffs).

Nothing happens. I have now waited 20 minutes.

Any ideas guys....please help???

UPDATE:

I tried to disconnect the phone. It then said it lost connection. Connecting again and restarting step 2 gives same result. Stops at push line 4.

Please HELP...!

Edited by joenstrup