14/Jun r6 riskfreeroot - HTC Desire rooting guide - now with HBOOT 0.80 and OS to 1.21 support

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rahan95

Hello,

Thanks to this tutorial, rooting and A2SD worked fine

Everything seems to work fine except my APN : as usual, I deleted all the apn's created by the system but I can't create a new one. I get a force close right when entering the APN menu =(

Has anyone experienced the same issue ?

Thanks

Guest Jelle B
I keep getting stuck when running step2

push: files/sbin/unyaffs -> /sbin/unyaffs

Any ideas?

Did you solve your problem? I have exactly the same.

Guest ZiCoN
Dude - you need to make a gold card... whatever your handset is.

Just wanna thank you for 'settin' me straight' :huh: Rooted my Desire the "windows only" way... No issues, no panic :P

Paul.. I salute you for making this possible :blink:

Guest sadlove

when i install arabic it says

when i open the browser it says

sorry the application internet (process com.android.browser )

has stopped unexpectedly.

please try again

when i try to open the market it says

sorry the application market(process com.android.vending)

has stopped unexpectedly.

please try again

Guest Jelle B
Did you solve your problem? I have exactly the same.

I fixed it myself :-) I was using virtualbox in the beginning.. didn't work. It did work using VMware Workstation 7 I hope it helps some of you!

Guest mladban

Please help.

After rooting, no internet browser (internet, skyfire) wont conect over 3g and edge. Market, Talk, Mail work fine.

Wifi is OK.

What is going wrong?

Thanks.

Sorry for my english.

Guest dennusb

Is it possible to use the old root method?

The linux boot cd doesn't work on my PC(Asus mobo, i5 750) :huh:

Keyboard + Mouse are dead in the screen.

Guest ZiCoN
Please help.

After rooting, no internet browser (internet, skyfire) wont conect over 3g and edge. Market, Talk, Mail work fine.

Wifi is OK.

What is going wrong?

Thanks.

Sorry for my english.

I had the same issue. I deleted my apn's, restored defaults... and waited a bit. It works like a charm for me now... But it took a bit for it to connect. I have no idea if this was what was wrong, but never the less... it works for me now.

Guest miguelsanchez79
What happens as you run the 'recovery-windows.bat' batch file? Please, try to reach the folder you're in using the command prompt (type the letter drive followed by ':' and enter, then 'cd' to the proper directory) and type the batch file name (+ enter) so you can spot any error message that eventually is displayed.

I have the same problem. I got to the red triangle point and got stuck at revovery-windows.bat. In commant prompt I get:

error: device not found

Im running win7, reinstalled HTC drivers and checked golden card.

any idea how to sort it out?

Guest afiorillo
I have the same problem. I got to the red triangle point and got stuck at revovery-windows.bat. In commant prompt I get:

error: device not found

Im running win7, reinstalled HTC drivers and checked golden card.

any idea how to sort it out?

Are you stuck @ step 13 of the tutorial? So, if you pull out the battery and turn the Desire back on, is it all OK?

Edited by afiorillo

Guest theboxman

Looks good with VMware 7.0.1 build-227600.

Presently on red triangle at step2.sh pushing files accross. USB is functioning perfectly.

Didn't bother trying with QEMU as I spotted my brother had kindly installed VMware on this machine while I was at uni ;-)

Will let you all know how I get on.

I'm going to try a2sd once I finish. Are the files for it included somewhere in r3? Think I'll forego the radio rom update until we know a little more about it.

Also I've got an 8GB SD card in the post, am I right in thinking that basically I'll need to straight copy everything from the 4GB card I'll be using in the interim to get a2SD working on it - after repartitioning it of course!

Or are there permission considerations etc????

Guest ascito
Yep.

UHM...yes, but there is something that doesn't convice me.

I partitioned a 16GB SD with a 1gb partition

I installed Google earth.apk and phone memory drop down from 131 MB to 114 MB. It sounds to me very strange. About 17MB are in main memory while only 5 MB are in SD, since the app decompressed is about 22 MB.

How can it be?

BTW HTC Sync works now.

EDIT: By installing quick system info from the market I had the confirmation that partition and a2sd are working...probably, google earth needs to have its files in main memory. I would like to have confirmation about it. I also have installed copilot app and it also was installed complitely in SD partition.

Edited by ascito

Guest miguelsanchez79
Are you stuck @ step 13 of the tutorial? So, if you pull out the battery and turn the Desire back on, is it all OK?

yeap, stuck at step 13. I did pull battery out and phone boots as usuall but tried to run recovery-windows 100 times and cant pass step 13. Im sure golden card is fine as I used it to debrand my desire from Orange rom to generic.

Guest biker200

hi.

i rooted my device . with the 1 cd paul made 268 mb.

if i want to enter to recovery mode now, what do i do?

is it possible via windows now via cmd? or do i have to extract some files from the cd?

thanks.

Guest rahan95
yeap, stuck at step 13. I did pull battery out and phone boots as usuall but tried to run recovery-windows 100 times and cant pass step 13. Im sure golden card is fine as I used it to debrand my desire from Orange rom to generic.

Was stuck at that same step. All it took is killing the adb.exe with the task manager and then recovery.bat worked like a charm

Guest miguelsanchez79
Was stuck at that same step. All it took is killing the adb.exe with the task manager and then recovery.bat worked like a charm

will give it a try now. won't get to sleep untill get it rooted :huh:

edit: didnt work as well. am I the only one who cant root his desire???? I have no idea what Im doing wrong. I use to flash windows mobile phones so I know that the easiest way is to follow instructions.

Does it makle any difference if I went from orange rom to generic before?

Edited by miguelsanchez79

Guest theboxman

Delighted to say that I am now root ;-) Complete with rifle bearing ninja icon!

Are the A2SD settings all sorted now as I'm definately going for that before updating. Have we got over the issues with several versions of it? USB stopping working?

Which version of A2SD seemed to leave the most space available for use on the device?

PS -Going to go Ad Free as soon as I get paid :-D

Edited by theboxman

Guest kamidadevil

Hi guys,

I posted my problem before but it got ignored,

I have rooted my phone and have installed a2sd along with the dalvic update, but since iv done all this im getting com.HTC message uploader is not responding (or something like that) error which gives me two options "force close" and "wait". I usually get this when im using the default browser with wifi/3G on. is somebody else facing this issue??

one more thing which happened to me last night, I was using nokia 5800 headphones with desire for listening music and suddenly when from now playing screen i went to the albums tab my phone restarted, i tried it 3 times and everytime i went to the albums tab the phone reboted, I changed my headphones and it didnt happen, any ideas why is this happening,

any help would be appreciated.