14/Jun r6 riskfreeroot - HTC Desire rooting guide - now with HBOOT 0.80 and OS to 1.21 support

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul

michael, you are the second person to have that issue... step 2 won't work because the test recovery hasn't been flashed on as step 1 is failing for some unknown reason.

P

Guest Paul

From googling this error, i've seen all sorts of 'fixes' including different cables, different USB ports and rebooting the PC!

P

Guest albertz141

same issue as michael...

:P

after rebooting and changing usb the error on step1 vanished - though still can't find device on step2

Guest Zilch
Zilch / Cooliocopter - which ROM version are you running?

RUU_Bravo_Telstra_WWE_1.16.841.1_Radio_32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11_release_126124_si

ned.exe (as per the post above), which is one that has been customised by Telstra (the main operator here in Australia) which looks like someone barfed useless broken website links all through the program list (plus some advertising on the Messaging and Music apps for good measure) which is why we are really keen on getting rid of it.

It seems to be they have changed to bootloader, as I can't flash back to the previous ROM I had on either. Strangely though, someone from the UK (I think) was reporting this error too.

Also, someone here has reported a rooted version of this ROM...although I don't think anyone has tried flashing that over the Telstra firmware yet.

Guest vyahme

Ok been trying this all night with the linux method with no success, cuz Virtualbox couldnt recognize the usb drivers.

Now trying the windows version, everything is ok until this

sending 'zip' (137446 KB)... OKAY

writing 'zip' ...INFOadopting the signature contained in his image... 

INFOsignature checking...

FAILED (remote: 12 signature verify fail)

Guest DremoX

I have the same issue as michael. Already tried to install some new usb drivers, other usb cables and other ports.

Any ideas?

Guest Zilch
OK, the testimage i'm using is 1.15 based. It seems if you are on 1.16 (or higher), this won't work. Yet...

Ok. Like the "yet" part! Do you need this ROM?

Guest Dugh
Ok. Like the "yet" part! Do you need this ROM?

Alright, rooted my HTC Desire and installed Apps2SD. Everything is working :-D

Thanks!

1 thing, though. What apps to install now? :P

Guest Emmepi
michael, you are the second person to have that issue... step 2 won't work because the test recovery hasn't been flashed on as step 1 is failing for some unknown reason.

P

Same problem for me, at the end of step1...

FAILED (remote: 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately)

I can't root it...

Can we manually needed copy files to SD before ?

Guest helikopter

is busybox getting installed during the root process? i tried titanium backup and it says that it's missing.

Guest Paul
FAILED (remote: 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately)

If that only happens mid way through step 1, don't worry, as it then does the reflash as instructed. If it occurs again, then it's an issue (that I don't know the cause of!)

P

Guest Bol2riz

Sorry paul,

Just an affraid noob question... when you talk about wipe option you mean "wipe data/factory reset"... Sounds obvious but I don't want to bribk my brand new desire. :P

Root process worked like a charm (like it use to work for my hero too). thanks a lot dude !

Edited by Bol2riz

Guest Kehaan

Hey.

2 questions from me :P

1: When i connect the device to the mac, which settings should the device then be on? "Recharge only" or "Disc drive" or something else, or nothing? :D

2: If i start the root without a goldcard, and it wont work, because i need one, will anything happen then? Or can i try without goldcard first? And then if it is not working, then with a goldcard?

From Kehaan

Edited by Kehaan

Guest shingers5
Ok been trying this all night with the linux method with no success, cuz Virtualbox couldnt recognize the usb drivers.

Now trying the windows version, everything is ok until this

sending 'zip' (137446 KB)... OKAY

writing 'zip' ...INFOadopting the signature contained in his image... 

INFOsignature checking...

FAILED (remote: 12 signature verify fail)

gold card not working mate. try creating another one. oh damn its not free anymore!

Guest Paul
Sorry paul,

Just an affraid noob question... when you talk about wipe option you mean "wipe data/factory reset"... Sounds obvious but I don't want to bribk my brand new desire. :P

Root process worked like a charm (like it use to work for my hero too). thanks a lot dude !

Correct!

P

Guest Paul
Hey.

2 questions from me :P

1: When i connect the device to the mac, which settings should the device then be on? "Recharge only" or "Disc drive" or something else, or nothing? :D

If i start the root without a goldcard, and it wont work, because i need one, will anything happen then? Or can i try without goldcard first? And then if it is not working, then with a goldcard?

From Kehaan

You don't connect it booted for the root, so it's irrelevant.

You can try without a goldcard, step1 will fail with a Customer ID Error if you need a goldcard.

P

Guest Emmepi
If that only happens mid way through step 1, don't worry, as it then does the reflash as instructed. If it occurs again, then it's an issue (that I don't know the cause of!)

P

Tested with 2 different computers, both running Seven Ultimate x64...

Can Seven x64 be the cause of my problems ?