App2SD for Desire

Guest PaulW21781

Guest Snarkasm

Should work, that's all you need. Make sure you copied it entirely, then put it into the gscript folder on the root of the SD card and you should be able to run it with GScript.

Guest Mixy

Hi!

Have some noob questions regarding this A2SD on my rooted Desire.

1. Does the card i want apps on need to be a goldcard? Or just have the right partitioning?

2. Do i need to wipe?

Is it as easy as using my goldcard to flash with app2sd.zip, and then booting up with my other card, as long as its formatted with a ext2/3 partition? And what do you guys mean with 'flash', boot up in recovery console, and do something there, or do i need to wire it to a computer?

Thanks!

Guest trashjunkie

Hi, I've already got the apps2sd working on my desire with a 4gb card. Can I upgrade my SD card to a 16gb without losing apps or data? If so how?

Guest afiorillo
Hi, I've already got the apps2sd working on my desire with a 4gb card. Can I upgrade my SD card to a 16gb without losing apps or data? If so how?

I think you can make a backup of the ext3 and fat32 partitions using a Linux machine and an USB card reader, then boot the Desire into the Recovery Console, partition the new SD and finally restore the saved files back on it, also with the Linux machine and card reader. Do not boot up the Desire without the SD inserted (boot it into Recovery Console is safe).

It's just speculation, but it's worth a try.

Edited by afiorillo

Guest theboxman
Should work, that's all you need. Make sure you copied it entirely, then put it into the gscript folder on the root of the SD card and you should be able to run it with GScript.

Not working here either. Test scripts work .

Neither of those work though .....

Here's a bit more detAil on the errors

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...s-testing-a2sd/

Guest Dynanik

My Desire (8.0 O2 device) don't boot after installing a2sd!!!

Only the HTC Logo...without "quietly brilliant".... :-(

Guest scharri
My Desire (8.0 O2 device) don't boot after installing a2sd!!!

Only the HTC Logo...without "quietly brilliant".... :-(

I've had the same problem but this morning i solved it :-) I flashed this Pays-ROM Desire with Sense v1.4 (very fast ROM!!).

1. Wipe Factory Settings

2. Wipe Data

3. Wipe Cache

4. Flash this ROM

5. Partion the SD CARD (64MB Swap;1200mb EXT2; rest fat32)

6. convert ext2 --> ext3

7. do step 1-3 again

8. reboot and see at the moment that it works :-)

My Phone is also 0.80hboot + O2

Guest NRGizzer
I've had the same problem but this morning i solved it :-) I flashed this Pays-ROM Desire with Sense v1.4 (very fast ROM!!).

1. Wipe Factory Settings

2. Wipe Data

3. Wipe Cache

4. Flash this ROM

5. Partion the SD CARD (64MB Swap;1200mb EXT2; rest fat32)

6. convert ext2 --> ext3

7. do step 1-3 again

8. reboot and see at the moment that it works :-)

My Phone is also 0.80hboot + O2

You flashed what Rom ? Have the same problem and would be very interessted how to solve this.

Greetings,

Michael

Guest scharri
You flashed what Rom ? Have the same problem and would be very interessted how to solve this.

Greetings,

Michael

I'm not sure if it's allowed to post links so i found this ROM at XDA-developers.com search for this ROM or write me a pm so i can give you the link.

Guest Fruchtzwerg

For all that have probs with the inbaked a2sd not run. :P

Here is another method that runs very well for me. :D

Edited by Fruchtzwerg

Guest jasup
Copy this file to your SD Card

http://paulw.hardmilk.com/downloads/r1-a2s...rade-signed.zip

Boot your phone into recovery mode, use the pushfiles method and the choose "Flash from SD" and select the file you just downloaded.

Once done, choose reboot, and then run the GScript again :P

There is no need to perform any kind of reset or wipe any data.

YOURE A LIFE SAVIOR

ive tried 1000 times with many files none work

this one is perfect

thxxx a lot

Guest minihassan

Hi to all Im newbie have read everything and can safely say I THINK its working with this script thankyou paul! Only thing im not sure off is this still 4gb gold card which was created so i assume you can do whole procedure using goldcard aswell or am I wrong? IE still backups app2sd to goldcard sd?

Currently using this one r1-a2sd-desire-dalvik-fresh-signed (Installed)

But now this one has appeared r1-a2sd-desire-dalvik-upgrade-signed

the script says its working But To be honest Im not sure? Can any one explain little further

Im such noob with this phone not even sure how to take screen shot lol anyways info script is given me is

/data/app is symlink......ok(23mb)

/data/app-private is symlink.....ok(1mb)

/data/dalvik-cache is symlink.....ok(7mb)

Apps2SD is working With dalvik-Cache!

App2SD is saving you 31mb on internal Mem

When i check phones mem i have 98.43 mb left so not sure i personally feel its not working

So does this mean its working or should i apply update? ive only been on android 5 days so be easy with me please!

Im assuming phones mem should always be 140mb meaning its working even after installing apps

ANd i havent got many apps installed anyone!?

Edited by minihassan

Guest minihassan

#mkdir /system/sd/app

#cd /data/app

#cp * /system/sd/app <-- if you do fresh firmware update, skip this step

#cd /data

#rm -r app

#ln -s /system/sd/app /data/app

i take it if i type this in terminal with su will fix my problems without having do it recovery mode?

Edited by minihassan

Guest minihassan

after installing few more apps im noticing that phones memory is dropping this is not working should i try the new a2sd?

Edited by minihassan

Guest DavidThack

Hi.

Has anyone managed to make a 16gig card work with either the apps2sd or the update.

I have tried both and still have problems.

If i use the R1 apps to sd it goes sticks on the htc screen.

If i do the update apps2sd it works but phone memorry still goes down.

In recovery on phone i set the partition as follows.

swap 32

extension 512

rest Fat32.

This alows me to boot up and phone works but looks like apps2sd dont work.

If i try the following

swap 512

ext 512

rest fat 32

This gives me nothing but resetting on powerup at htc logo.

Can anyone give advice on how they managed to do there 16 gig card to work and what they used and how to set it up please.

Been stuck on this for weeks now.

Guest kewell79

so this is a 16Gb problem?

i tried an 16gb and get to the htc logo and then stops

4GB card i got with the desire works perfekt

edit: tried with the rootedupdate.zip rom, worked perfekt with 16GB

but not with MoDaCo Custom ROM R2, tried that 10 times, just htc logo stuck!!

edit2: tried with [ROM] eViL De-SiRe A2SD Full , its stuck there too........

Edited by kewell79

Guest DavidThack

I tried with reflashing phone back to stock then going to rootedupdate but still had the rebooting htc screen.Done all the usual wipes for cache etc but still no joy.I have tried now with one off ebay from china but im not supprised that didnt work,But then i brought a kingston 16gig and had the same problems.

Looks like unless a cure is made for being able to use 16gig cards then i have waisted my time trying.

Wish i knew how the rootedupdate worked.When i tried it was rebooting all the time and i even flashed the update for apps2sd.

Maybe paul could try a 16gig card for us and find out whats going wrong.

i can use 2gig and 4 gig cards fine with apps2sd but thats it.Havent tried 8gig yet but would like to know if anyone else has with sucsess.Also who else has tried a 16gig card and what the outcome was.

Guest kewell79
I have SanDisk 8GB Class6 and use A2SD without problems...

yes, 4Gb and 8 works perfekt with me too

its 16GB thats a problem

Guest DavidThack

Maybe paul might see this thread and look into solving the problem.

Would be great to use the 16 gig cards,as i normally store music and vids on phone.

Will look into getting an 8 gig in the mean time.

Glad to hear anything smaller works.

Thanks.

Guest DavidThack

Hi.Desire rooted with cooked rom R2 and the apps2sd updated on phone.

Still no joy making a 16gig SD card into a apps2sd card that works.

From phone recovery menu i select 0 swap,512 and then rest fat 32.

That does the format.

Then when i try and do the ext2-3 it just fills the screen with dots underneath and then says something about cash full or something like that.

If i try a different rom and a different apps to sd update one it does part one and then the ext 3 it just does 2 dots then says done.

But i know from my 4 gig card ext3 it puts a row and a half of donts before it says done and that card works ok with apps2sd.

Can anyone say how they have managed to do a 16 gig card for apps2sd and what method they used and what files they used loke flash roms and program they used to do the partitioning.

I have already corrupted one 16 gig and messed up another and had to use a recovery program before it would be recognised again as the size came up as unknown and had to use flash format 3 to recover microcard.

Its been 2 weeks i have been trying all different ways to do a 16 gig now.

Please help or if someone knows paul then ask him to try a 16 gig card and see if he can set one up.

Guest andycted

Hi,

maybe someone can explain what happened here: I flashed the first rooted rom that came out some days ago, along with the first app2sd, which didn't have the dalvik cache upgrade. Today after installing tons, tons, and more tons of apps, I managed to remain with some 20-30MB even after clearing caches, so I went back and checked how to install the dalvik cache upgrade. Here is what I've done:

- put into recovery, tried to flash the r1-a2sd-desire-dalvik-signed, got an error, read a bit more and found out that I should install the upgrade instead

- went back into recovery and tried to flash r1-a2sd-desire-dalvik-upgrade-signed, got an error about 'no signature (1 files)' and seemedly quit the process

- so I said well, nevermind, put back the normal sd card, turned the phone one and ... now I have 70MB free !

- I've tried to run those scripts with GScript Lite but the longer one gives everything 'not found' and then an error, the shorter one gives an error with 'then' where he expected 'fi'....

[EDIT] fixed the script error and now shows dalvik cache is active ! (50MB)

No clue what is happening, happy nontheless, but anybody maybe knows what's up ???

Thanks

Edited by andycted