App2SD for Desire

Guest PaulW21781

Guest Alfa156v

Hi all,

Anybody tried to use 32GB card on A2SD/A2SD+?

My problem is when i do partition on sd my desire doesn't starts.

Guest Café King

No matter if it's my goldcard, normal sdcard or no card at all, my Desire is stuck at the boot screen. Anyone who know what to do?

I really need help with this...

Thanks

/CK

Guest Café King
No matter if it's my goldcard, normal sdcard or no card at all, my Desire is stuck at the boot screen. Anyone who know what to do?

I really need help with this...

Thanks

/CK

I do this to get as2d to work:

1.Put your Goldcard into your phone and turn on your phone

2.Attach your phone to your PC via microUSB cable (harddrive mode).

3.Copy the r1-a2sd-desire-dalvik-fresh-signed.zip file you downloaded earlier onto your Goldcard sdcard via your phone.

4.Turn off the phone and unplug it from your PC.

5.Turn on your phone while holding the volume down button.

6.You will see HBOOT on the screen.

7.Use the volume buttons to move up and down and power button to select the RECOVERY option.

8.You will now see a red triangle on the screen, at this point plug your phone into your PC via your microUSB cable.

9.Double click on recovery-windows.bat inside the pushfiles_windows.zip folder you unzipped as part of the root process.

10.Looking back at the Desire, you'll see that the red triangle screen is gone and a greenish recovery console appeared.

11.Using the optical trackpad select Wipe > Wipe data/factory reset

12.After this has completed do Wipe > Wipe cache

13.Again, once this has completed do Wipe > Wipe Dalvik-cache.

14.Next select Flash zip from sdcard and select r1-a2sd-desire-dalvik-fresh-signed.zip.

15.Once flashing is over, select the "Power off" command.

16.Unplug your phone from the PC, and replace the GoldCard sdcard with your normal sdcard.

◦Remember to have backed up your normal sdcard before proceeding, as the next step will wipe all data from it.

1.Turn on your phone while holding the volume down button.

2.You will see HBOOT on the screen.

3.Use the volume buttons to move up and down and power button to select the RECOVERY option.

4.You will now see a red triangle on the screen, at this point plug your phone into your PC via your microUSB cable.

5.Double click on recovery-windows.bat inside the pushfiles_windows.zip folder you unzipped as part of the root process.

6.Using the optical trackpad select Partition sdcard > Partition SD

7.Select SWAP=0, EXT2=512 and allow the rest to be FAT32.

8.Select the SD:ext2 to ext3 option in this menu.

9.Go back to the Recovery Console main menu and select Reboot system now. While rebooting, unplug the Desire from the USB port.

10.And thats it! You now have a rooted Desire with apps2sd. Get in!

AT 14.Next select Flash zip from sdcard and select r1-a2sd-desire-dalvik-fresh-signed.zip. I get problems!!!

It says:

E:Can't symlink /system/xbin/[

E:Failure at line5:

symlink busybox SYSTEM:xbin/[

Anyone at all who can help me? :(

Guest MinhQuang
Hi.Desire rooted with cooked rom R2 and the apps2sd updated on phone.

Still no joy making a 16gig SD card into a apps2sd card that works.

From phone recovery menu i select 0 swap,512 and then rest fat 32.

That does the format.

Then when i try and do the ext2-3 it just fills the screen with dots underneath and then says something about cash full or something like that.

If i try a different rom and a different apps to sd update one it does part one and then the ext 3 it just does 2 dots then says done.

But i know from my 4 gig card ext3 it puts a row and a half of donts before it says done and that card works ok with apps2sd.

Can anyone say how they have managed to do a 16 gig card for apps2sd and what method they used and what files they used loke flash roms and program they used to do the partitioning.

I have already corrupted one 16 gig and messed up another and had to use a recovery program before it would be recognised again as the size came up as unknown and had to use flash format 3 to recover microcard.

Its been 2 weeks i have been trying all different ways to do a 16 gig now.

Please help or if someone knows paul then ask him to try a 16 gig card and see if he can set one up.

have you solved that problem... I have the same problem with you, but, maybe I'm more unlucky.:o

I parted 16GB to 700MB for ex2, rest for FAT32 on PC( use paragon partition manager). it seemed work well but I format may SD again, it corrupted :(. plug to desire, it always ask to format SD from time to time.

maybe it becomes micro-brick SD :(