Issues with USB connectivity etc. and root / A2SD

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulW21781

Hmmm read a few pages back, regarding the fastboot oem boot command...

My Desire isn't bricked, works, rooted, etc... this is my output...

paulw@aspire:~/Programming/android-sdk-linux_86/tools$ sudo ./fastboot oem boot

... INFOsetup_tag addr=0xA0000100 cmdline add=0x8E07D98C

INFOTAG:Ramdisk OK

INFOTAG:smi ok, size = 0

INFOTAG:hwid 0x0

INFOTAG:skuid 0x21F04

INFOTAG:hero panel = 0x0

INFOTAG:engineerid = 0x0

INFOMCP dual-die

INFOMCP dual-die

INFOTAG:mono-die = 0x0

INFODevice CID is not super CID

INFOCID is HTC__001

INFOsetting->cid::HTC__001

INFOserial number: HT03RPL01046

INFOcommandline from head: no_console_suspend=1 msmsdcc_sdioirq=

INFO1 wire.search_count=5

INFOcommand line length =461

INFOactive commandline: board_bravo.disable_uart3=0 board_bravo.

INFOusb_h2w_sw=0 board_bravo.disable_sdcard=0 diag.enabled=0 boa

INFOrd_bravo.debug_uart=0 smisize=0 userdata_sel=0 androidboot.e

INFOmmc=false  androidboot.baseband=4.06.00.02_2 androidboot.cid

INFO=HTC__001 androidboot.carrier=HTC-WWE androidboot.mid=PB9920

INFO000 androidboot.keycaps=qwerty androidboot.mode=normal andro

INFOidboot.serialno=HT03RPL01046 androidboot.bootloader=0.75.000

INFO0 no_console_suspend=1 msmsdcc_sdioirq=1 wire.search_count=5

INFOaARM_Partion[0].name=misc

INFOaARM_Partion[1].name=recovery

INFOaARM_Partion[2].name=boot

INFOaARM_Partion[3].name=system

INFOaARM_Partion[4].name=cache

INFOaARM_Partion[5].name=userdata

INFOpartition number=6

INFOValid partition num=6

INFOmpu_nand_acpu_rw A1E 1000

INFOjump_to_kernel: machine_id(2457), tags_addr(0x20000100), ker

INFOnel_addr(0x20008000)

INFO-------------------hboot boot time:21116 msec

FAILED (status read failed (Protocol error))
Now from what I can see, a few differences here: Mine states the following:
board_bravo.disable_uart3=0

board_bravo.usb_h2w_sw=0

board_bravo.disable_sdcard=0

diag.enabled=0

board_bravo.debug_uart=0

smisize=0

userdata_sel=0

androidboot.emmc=false

androidboot.baseband=4.06.00.02_2

androidboot.cid=HTC__001

androidboot.carrier=HTC-WWE

androidboot.mid=PB9920000

androidboot.keycaps=qwerty

androidboot.mode=normal

androidboot.serialno=HT03RPL01046

androidboot.bootloader=0.75.0000

no_console_suspend=1

msmsdcc_sdioirq=1

wire.search_count=5
And one posted by jeckyllhavok on here is:
board_bravo.disable_uart3=1

board_bravo.usb_h2w_sw=1

board_bravo.disable_sdcard=0

diag.enabled=0

board_bravo.debug_uart=0

smisize=0

userdata_sel=0

androidboot.emmc=false

androidboot.baseband=4.05.00.11

androidboot.cid=HTC__102

androidboot.carrier=HTC-GER

androidboot.mid=PB9920000

androidboot.keycaps=qwerty

androidboot.mode=normal

androidboot.serialno=HT043PL11636

androidboot.bootloader=0.75.0000

no_console_suspend=1

I think the *key* differences are:

1) board_bravo.disable_uart3=1

2) board_bravo.usb_h2w_sw=1

3) msmsdcc_sdioirq=1

4) wire.search_count=5

Now, from my understanding (probably wrong)...

1&2 - This disables USB completely upon boot.

3 - Something related to the SD Card??

4 - No idea!!

Are all bricked desires showing 1 & 2 set to 1, and all non-bricked Desires showing them set to 0??

Guest xhemp
Mine states the following:

3) msmsdcc_sdioirq=1

4) wire.search_count=5

4 - No idea!!

Are all bricked desires showing 1 & 2 set to 1, and all non-bricked Desires showing them set to 0??

Yes, bricked ones are 1 and normal ones are 0.

Guest ZiCoN

3) msmsdcc_sdioirq=1

4) wire.search_count=5

4 - No idea!!

Believe the 4 could be the detection of the usb cable insertion... I have had a thought that might be the cause of the ludicriss battery drain.. It keeps searching?

But why oh why isn't there a command like the enableqxdm for the last few???

Edited by ZiCoN

Guest xhemp
Believe the 4 could be the detection of the usb cable insertion... I have had a thought that might be the cause of the ludicriss battery drain.. It keeps searching?

But why oh why isn't there a command like the enableqxdm for the last few???

I believe there is (a command or a procedure) but we don't know :)

Guest xhemp
We need to bribe an HTC tech :)

;)

My assumption is based in the fact that USB is fine (works on Fastboot/HBoot, so it's functional) but not on the OS.

Guest ZiCoN
:)

My assumption is based in the fact that USB is fine (works on Fastboot/HBoot, so it's functional) but not on the OS.

If only we could get our hands on a signed update/patch of the recovery... Restore it somehow...

I'm off to bed guys'n'dolls... Got a VERY rested little girl, age 2½, very early in the morning.. and seeing it's 1.10 am here, I'll bid you all a good night ;)

Edited by ZiCoN

Guest eViL D:

so all we know is

fastboot oem enableqxdm = board_bravo.disable_sdcard=0/1

I can only guess qxdm is qualcomm debug mode

How is this the only oem command known that does anything? And, where did it come from?

Edited by eViL D:

Guest xhemp
so all we know is

fastboot oem enableqxdm = board_bravo.disable_sdcard=0/1

I can only guess qxdm is qualcomm debug mode

How is this the only oem command known that does anything? And, where did it come from?

Came from xda-devs (at least the first time I saw it was there).

It's the only known command that works on Desire though.

Guest deeren

I have the 0.75 bootloader and am having the problems described here. I wanted to ask. I get Ian function in fastboot.so, what if I flash a ruu with the 0.80 bootloader. Will it solve the problem?

Guest PaulW21781
Build is: 1.15.405.3 CL150129 test-keys

Hmmm... My rooted Desire is 1.15.405.4 CL155070 test-keys...

I rooted via original r1 method...

Guest Biliskner

holy moly, where did all you guys come from - 2 pages to catch up on! :)

I wish kingoffail was still around, from my count, he was the 2nd person to get this stupid problem (I was first :|)...

I flashed Paul's first rooted method (testruu in Windows then recovery-linux.sh push files in Linux). I also flashed Paul's r1-a2sd.zip file.

Our bootloaders are .75 - kingoffail subsequently flashed .8 a few days later as last resort to "fix" the problem but no go - I believe he was the one that found out about the oem enableqxdm command to re-enable SD and SIM in normal phone mode. A few weeks ago i heard he was in the middle of writing a disassembler** but found that 'we're screwed' and couldn't do anything to fix it (sorry guys). I still have hope, but i think king has a N1 now... See his posts here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=672970

We also posted in the mega +80page Paul's rooting guide when we started getting the problems (I think mine's on page 15 or something silly), but obviously that thread is full of random questions about nothing (mostly). ;)

The ONLY Usb functionality is USB FASTBOOT. In normal phone mode - I have no USB - except charging (after 5mins of being plugged in). Windows will ask for a "Qualcomm MSM Technologies" Driver when I plug it into Windows :| I've searched for software and drivers and found some XP but heck if I know how to use Qualcomm software! (it looks like very low level stuff)...

EDIT: **disassembler for HBOOT

Edited by Biliskner

Guest vastloper
holy moly, where did all you guys come from - 2 pages to catch up on! :)

I wish kingoffail was still around, from my count, he was the 2nd person to get this stupid problem (I was first :|)...

I flashed Paul's first rooted method (testruu in Windows then recovery-linux.sh push files in Linux). I also flashed Paul's r1-a2sd.zip file.

Our bootloaders are .75 - kingoffail subsequently flashed .8 a few days later as last resort to "fix" the problem but no go - I believe he was the one that found out about the oem enableqxdm command to re-enable SD and SIM in normal phone mode. A few weeks ago i heard he was in the middle of writing a disassembler** but found that 'we're screwed' and couldn't do anything to fix it (sorry guys). I still have hope, but i think king has a N1 now... See his posts here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=672970

We also posted in the mega +80page Paul's rooting guide when we started getting the problems (I think mine's on page 15 or something silly), but obviously that thread is full of random questions about nothing (mostly). ;)

The ONLY Usb functionality is USB FASTBOOT. In normal phone mode - I have no USB - except charging (after 5mins of being plugged in). Windows will ask for a "Qualcomm MSM Technologies" Driver when I plug it into Windows :| I've searched for software and drivers and found some XP but heck if I know how to use Qualcomm software! (it looks like very low level stuff)...

EDIT: **disassembler for HBOOT

Since we can pull the recoveryimage from mtd1

Is it possible to put the files from paul's recovery in it and then push it back to mtd1 ??

Guest jeckyllhavok
Hmmm... My rooted Desire is 1.15.405.4 CL155070 test-keys...

I rooted via original r1 method...

Morning, all together,

Paul, hs anyone send you the img you need? Friend of mine has the problem with no usb in recovery, i tried to root his desire but no luck, he will send me the images later (he has to made some server updates today, hehehe)

Edited by jeckyllhavok

Guest PaulW21781

Nope, not yet... I just want to compare bricked ones against non-bricked ones, that way I can work out if that is to blame, or if the problem is something more low-level... If there is a noticeable difference, then I will work on trying to find a way to flash back to mtd1&2 via fastboot, but so far no joy... Even putting the phone into FASTBOOT RUU it still kicks up a fuss saying not allowed... Need to either find a way to sign things for fastboot, or wait for an HBOOTSPL update (if one ever gets leaked)...

Although I can't see why running testruu.exe and flashing back the original pre-root part won't work :| And then also, some were bricked using r1 method, some weren't...

I dual boot Win7x64 and Ubuntu 9.10x64 on my laptop, so the r1 method was pretty straight forward to me... Those with bricked units, I'm just wondering... did they run Linux through a VM within Windows? Dual boot? VM of Windows in Linux?

I need to wake up... coffee time...

Guest Biliskner
I dual boot Win7x64 and Ubuntu 9.10x64 on my laptop, so the r1 method was pretty straight forward to me... Those with bricked units, I'm just wondering... did they run Linux through a VM within Windows? Dual boot? VM of Windows in Linux?

Nope no VM - Win7 on desktop, Ubuntu on Media-desktop-PC / laptop.

Edited by Biliskner

Guest dimor
Nope, not yet... I just want to compare bricked ones against non-bricked ones, that way I can work out if that is to blame, or if the problem is something more low-level... If there is a noticeable difference, then I will work on trying to find a way to flash back to mtd1&2 via fastboot, but so far no joy... Even putting the phone into FASTBOOT RUU it still kicks up a fuss saying not allowed... Need to either find a way to sign things for fastboot, or wait for an HBOOTSPL update (if one ever gets leaked)...

Although I can't see why running testruu.exe and flashing back the original pre-root part won't work :| And then also, some were bricked using r1 method, some weren't...

i used the tinylinux live cd on a laptop running win7 86x...

Guest PaulW21781

GSM Handset or Network supplied?

I was the same, although about 10 mins after the rooting guide was released, then waited about for A2SD :)

Guest dimor
GSM Handset or Network supplied?

I was the same, although about 10 mins after the rooting guide was released, then waited about for A2SD :)

didn't get your question... do you mean if it's branded?

Guest dimor

btw, there was an exploit for htc hero that would let you FLASH the recovery from within the os... flashrec, isn't it? maybe we could use it, or find another similar way to change these boot argument that disable the usb functionality... no that we got the kernel source code, we just need someone who's good enough to find vulnerability :)