Issues with USB connectivity etc. and root / A2SD

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Linkazoid
I have a question - did any of those having this issue use the 'USB mount' function in recovery?

P

Thanks Paul,

I used the USB Mount in the recovery :P

Paul is there any way of disabling the proximity sensor? As when I answer a call the proximity sensor turns off the screen which then turns of the network service.

Michael

Guest jeckyllhavok
I am wondering if the 'USB mount' is the problem - I seem to have toasted my Pulse Mini by using it...!

P

I haven't used it, but my USB is dead as well

Guest jeckyllhavok

Ok, i think it's not bricked, otherwise fastboot wouldn't work. (Correct me if i'm wrong) i think the adb service on the device is damaged. Maybe if we can complete the task29, and start over with a fresh rom it'll help. Anyone working on security unlocking the bootloader?

Guest Biliskner
You can flash via fastboot oem rebootRUU then fastboot flash zip zipfilename (where zipfilename is a signed zip).

I have a question - did any of those having this issue use the 'USB mount' function in recovery?

P

Is that in the Green Recovery Menu Paul? If so, then nope (or not that I can remember)...

All I did in Green Recov menu was wipe/partition SD/flash- rootedupdate.zip and r1a2sd.zip

Guest Paul
Ok, i think it's not bricked, otherwise fastboot wouldn't work. (Correct me if i'm wrong) i think the adb service on the device is damaged. Maybe if we can complete the task29, and start over with a fresh rom it'll help. Anyone working on security unlocking the bootloader?

I've appealed to my sources to help me get hold of an engineering bootloader...

P

Guest xhemp

P

Paul,

I remember pressing that by mistake instead of rebooting.

After that, it stopped.

Also,

Don't know if it's coincidence but my device seems to be draining the battery after it happened. I went to sleep at 5:00 with 96% and woke up at 12:00 with 48%. I know that they use a lot of battery but

I don't recall was that bad before :P

Edited by xhemp

Guest ZiCoN

I also mounted the USB in the recovery... I actually thought it could have been that, but then, naaa.... How could it..

An engineering SPL could actually save our phones, but the warranty will for sure be over..

Only reason I haven't returned mine yet, is I'm kinda just as curious as I am annoyed..

Guest xhemp
Only reason I haven't returned mine yet, is I'm kinda just as curious as I am annoyed..

Same here but I'm almost calling HTC today...

Guest jeckyllhavok
Can we flash only a new radio rom using fastboot?

Nevermind, just flashed a stock with a new radio but no usb...

My TyTnII was mouch more solid, no brick in several hundred flashes. Hope the usb issue gets fixed...

Edited by jeckyllhavok

Guest NOFX
Jesus Christ - this keeps getting worse...

I just lost my Market App yesterday. Suddenly, it was just gone. Anyone else experienced this - and have a solution?

Another question - is it possible still to use Fastboot to flash a stock ROM. And can I then send in my phone to get it repaired by the authorized repair-shop?

Anyone has an opinion on this previous post.

1: The Market Issue

2: Do you think flashing Stock ROM and sending to HTC will solve the problem?

How long time should we factor in for this to be solved you think?

Guest xhemp
Anyone has an opinion on this previous post.

1: The Market Issue

2: Do you think flashing Stock ROM and sending to HTC will solve the problem?

How long time should we factor in for this to be solved you think?

I don't believe we have a ETTR for this, unfortunately but I believe there are a lot of people (including people without the issue, thanks to them btw) trying to find out a way to fix that.

And I'm pretty sure it will be found.

Also, do we know what the "USB mount" function actually does on the device/system?

Edited by xhemp

Guest geek78

Paul, maybe USB port is now in USB OTG mode (driver maybe in the kernel of the test rom)? Don't have the hardware to test it ....

Guest xhemp
Paul, maybe USB port is now in USB OTG mode (driver maybe in the kernel of the test rom)? Don't have the hardware to test it ....

What do you need to test? :P

Cheers.

Guest xhemp
USB host :P

Well, if I can help in any way, just let me know.

We also have a lot of "helpers" here for sure hehe

Edited by xhemp

Guest xhemp
If you have the good cable to connect a hard disk (with his own power) to the desire you can test it to see what happens

I believe I can do this at home (in 2 hours time when I leave work).

If I understood correctly, you want to check if the Desire is on USB Host mode so if this is the case, I would be able to see the hard disk connected.

Correct me if I'm wrong :P

Guest geek78
I believe I can do this at home (in 2 hours time when I leave work).

If I understood correctly, you want to check if the Desire is on USB Host mode so if this is the case, I would be able to see the hard disk connected.

Correct me if I'm wrong :P

Yes, this is just an idea (i am a noob with Linux / android )