Cars ???

Guest Vector

Guest paulmottley

Mondeo - sad but true! I do alot of miles, so I like to be comfortable. I did put a CD player in as the standard one was naff.

Guest coolcatshaft

Rover 400 in pearlescent british racing green

K-series twin-cam 16v aluminium engine

MG alloys and steering wheel

Sony Active Black Panel buttonless CD player

She likes to be called "Olive"...

Guest Paul [MVP]

2002 Audi A4 3.0 V6 Quattro Sport 6 Speed Manual with number plate 'V6 PFO', loaded with toys including Sat Nav Plus with a colour TFT.

220bhp, 0-60 in under 7 seconds and 151 mph.

Mmmmmmmm......... :lol:

P

Guest Matt Whitfield

ChrisJM, I hate your dad. Although I prefer the twin bike engine kit cars, with 4 wheel drive (nice to be able to apply some of the power in the wet)... Anyone fancy a Tiger Z100WR????

Personally I've got a Robin Hood S7 (pre-litigation, so exactly the same looking as a Caterham S7). 2150cc RS2000 engine (pinto). It's fast. In the dry... 'nuff said.

However my car is off the road at the moment (and is gonna get sold) so I'm using my g/f's Audi A3 Quattro whenever she's not looking...

BTW, Paul I hate you too. However I'm holding on for my g/f to upgrade to an S3 (might be a while tho). Either that or I'm going to run out of patience and either get a Scoobie WRX STi, hmmmm, or maybe a Vauxhall VX220 Turbo BWHAHAHAHAHA... ok, I know they look terrible, but god they're quick!...

Gotta say I'm now a huge fan of 4 wheel drive though after spending a while driving my g/f's Quattro in anger in the wet... I soooooo want to do a track day in a Scoobie :-D

Guest Beardyboy

I ride a Honda CBR600 most of the time. 106bhp at the back wheel and 0-60 in around 3.5 seconds. It would get there quicker but I'm a lightweight and have problems keeping the front wheel on the ground. 8)

I also have a CB500 to ride around in the winter and an ex-military long wheelbase Land Rover.

Guest capt_janeway

Did have a Saab 900 Coupe 2.3i 0-60 in no time and bloody fast!!! Hubby made me sell it ...something to do with the 9 speeding points I got methinks and the fact I only ever drove it at the weekend.

So now got a boring Renault Clio 1.4i (and I can't fit my golf bag in the boot anymore !!!)

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Guest Anonymous

Matt Whitfield,My dad used to do track days in the ever :lol: very quick brilliant handling and I thought it was amazing.

UNTIL he took me to a track day in Llandow in his westie even quicker,more fun cause you slide alot more.He also went to cadwell park in the westie hes got some good footage of that.If you want to see some of the footage pm me and a could send u some of him doing a couple of laps. :wink:

Chris

Guest Paul [MVP]

I looked at the S3, but it's pretty small, about to be replaced, and isn't really any quicker than mine :lol: The smoothness of a V6 is nice too.

I also considered a scooby, but went for subtle performance rather than in your face, and they're a bit ugly nowadays too ;)

P

Guest Paul [MVP]

Did you know Evo VI sell for more than newer Evo VIIs cos the VII is so ugly? :lol:

P

PS I'll post a pic of my car tomorrow!

Guest Vector
"]Did you know Evo VI sell for more than newer Evo VIIs cos the VII is so ugly? ;)

So,an Evo 7 with 340 bhp and anti lag is quite fun when you have a cyclist behind you :lol:

PS:only kidding about frazzling cyclists :wink:

Guest Simon Desser

I got "carjacked" last year and my car was used in a couple of armed robberies :evil: At first I didn't want to drive ever again, but after a few months, when I'd got over the ordeal, I thought fu*k them, you can't let the Bast**ds win!!, and I got what I've always wanted :lol:

My TT.jpg

Guest Matt Whitfield

ChrisJM, unfortunately my car isn't really worth tracking... Engine is grunty enough for fast road use, but I wouldn't have enough confidence in the breaks for track use. If I do get another car (I live in London, so what's the point?) it'll probably be something more practical... Scoobie/Evo/Type-R? A Caterham type car is good for the country side, but not so great in town...

Only track stuff I've done was Cadwell Park in one of my Minis. This was my penultimate 1275cc Kent 286 cam Mini, Cooper S brakes front, MiniFins on the back... oh and front suspension setup the night before without a proper camber measurement tool. We got back from the track day to find out the reason why the car had monumental front-end grip but would oversteer through all the corners was that we'd set it up with 5 degrees negative camber on the front... indie cars don't use that much!! Doh...

Had one more Mini after that... a 1380cc, with the same Kent 286 cam and a load more performance bits... 115bhp and around 90lb/ft torque, that car was phat... 0-60 in 7 secs is fast for a Mini :-D Did some college tarmac rallying in that one...

Then I got my Robin Hood - much faster, but damn that thing is dangerous in the wet. Give me 4 wheel drive any day...

Guest Matt Whitfield

Paul, yeah A3s are pretty small... I'm 6'3" and can never get into a fully comfortable position so my left leg tends to rub on the centre console and I have to twist my ankles to use the peddals, so after a couple of hours driving I'm more than glad to get out of it...

At least with the non-turbo engine you don't have to stir the gearbox all the time. It's taken me a while to perfect (without having to think about it) never getting caught out by not being on the turbo or having found it's dumped all the boost pressure...

Now I'm used to it, I find the A3 Quattro's 180BHP rather tame... At least with an S3 or your car you've got enough extra horses to make it a little more interesting... not quite WRX STi performance, but you're totally right - they are ugly. My g/f has kittens every time I mention a Scoobie... You'd think she didn't like the look of it or something!!! Hoho...

Mind you, you don't buy a Scoobie cos it looks good... cos it certainly doesn't!

Guest Paul [MVP]

Hehehe, valid point!

The other problem with the Scooby is it's pretty naff inside too, loud at high speed, 5 speed box on non STi... Like you say tho, not what you buy it for :lol:

It's a forest charger rather than a Q-Car ;)

P

Guest Matt Whitfield

Mmmm, 6 speed gearboxes are great, especially Audi ones! 5 speed would not be very nice at all these days...

BTW, I don't know if it's just the A3 Quattro setup, but do you find your car tends to underseer when it runs out of grip? I know this is standard for all "non-driver" cars but I was a bit disappointed to find understeer in the wet and no hint of accessible oversteer... Perhaps I'll have to try it at a safe'ish speed again with the ESP switched off (the car has to much grip to attempt oversteer in the dry without going *very* fast) as that might be causing it...