[HOWTO] Unroot your HTC Desire

Guest 42turkeys

Guest lethalbody
Yep, works fine on 0.80 bootloader, I just unrooted now for testing.

Cheers!!! :)

Hmm I tried it with the o2 rom.zip and the fastboot throws an error message:

"Main version is older! Update failed"

Any other ideas?

Guest pmcguire

Any other ideas?

I am using a generic desire with no carrier branding, the name of the file I extracted the rom.zip from is RUU_Bravo_HTC_WWE_1.21.405.2_Radio_32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.02_2_release_126984_sign

d.exe

It worked for me where previously I came unstuck, I know this doesn't help but there you go :)

Guest 42turkeys
I am using a generic desire with no carrier branding, the name of the file I extracted the rom.zip from is RUU_Bravo_HTC_WWE_1.21.405.2_Radio_32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.02_2_release_126984_sign

d.exe

It worked for me where previously I came unstuck, I know this doesn't help but there you go :)

If you've got the rom.zip, it may be useful to upload it to make it easier for everyone else.

But really the .exe file should work as long as it has a 0.80 bootloader.

Guest tatey2457

Any other ideas?

Have you still got the Goldcard in the phone?

Guest kruithofmc

I used the RUU-MoDaCo-Bravo-1.15.405.4-release to unroot my stock HTC desire, everything seemed to work except that I cannot install market apps anymore. Did anyone have this problem also?

Guest Bokaj

Hey.

I read all the pages but couldent seem to find the answer!

If i unroot, could the repair dude see that have hat it rootet and have hat a custom rom on it??

Guest 42turkeys
Hey.

I read all the pages but couldent seem to find the answer!

If i unroot, could the repair dude see that have hat it rootet and have hat a custom rom on it??

No.

Guest lethalbody
Have you still got the Goldcard in the phone?

No I didn't have the goldcard in the phone when I did it via the bootloader. I copied the rom from the temp files directory to another microsd and renamed it to PB99IMG.zip

Are you supposed to have it in there?

Guest tatey2457

Wouldn't hurt to try it with the goldcard, I used mine when I reverted back to the branded rom so this could be whats stopping you...Let us know how it works out.

Guest lethalbody
Wouldn't hurt to try it with the goldcard, I used mine when I reverted back to the branded rom so this could be whats stopping you...Let us know how it works out.

The main issue with that is that there's no way of copying the rom.zip to the gold card as its always recognized as being damaged once you change the hex values.

I did try it using the RUU exe way with the goldcard but that threw a 140 error.

Guest tatey2457

can you not use the phone connected as a disk drive to get the rom copied over? i can use the goldcard in the phone with no problems but if i try to connect it using a card reader i get the same problem

http://rapidshare.com/files/396699724/PB99IMG.zip.html

I've uploaded the rom.zip renamed to PB99IMG.zip for the T-mobile RUU_Bravo_TMO_UK_1.15.110.11_Radio_32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11_release_122755.exe

Edited by tatey2457

Guest 42turkeys

You do need the goldcard to run ruus that are not from your device. (eg. a T-Mobile phone can run a T-Mobile ruu without a goldcard but not a generic one.)

Guest alansg

My device with a bootloader of 0.80 is running on r3.1 ROM with default MoDaCo additions and A2SD+ (Custom firmware) and its build number is 1.21.MCR.2 rom. Am i right to say that at this moment, i'm unable to unroot it to a rom which is lower than 1.21? Tried several stock roms with goldcard inserted but an error [131] signature error appears. Any solutions to it? :)

Guest 42turkeys
My device with a bootloader of 0.80 is running on r3.1 ROM with default MoDaCo additions and A2SD+ (Custom firmware) and its build number is 1.21.MCR.2 rom. Am i right to say that at this moment, i'm unable to unroot it to a rom which is lower than 1.21? Tried several stock roms with goldcard inserted but an error [131] signature error appears. Any solutions to it? :)

Yeah that's right. There is a ruu for 1.21 over at xda. I need to update the guide but the phone line has broke :)!

Guest dweebuk

Hi all,

I have a Voda UK Desire that is going back tomorrow because of dust (a lot!) under the screen.

I rooted a few weeks ago using the goldcard method and and my phone now has the following;

Bravo unknown ship s-on

Hboot-0.75.0000

Software number is

my question is this, can I return to stock by simply running this file (is this the correct rom for the UK)?

RUU_Bravo_HTC_Europe_1.15.405.1_Radio_32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11_release_121684

or will I need to use the goldcard again?

I need to do this asap as the phone is being swapped tomorrow AM.

Thanks in advance

Daz

EDIT:

I've just seen this rom, should I be using this one instead?

RUU_Bravo_HTC_WWE_1.15.405.4_Radio_32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11_release_122704

Edited by dweebuk

Guest 42turkeys
Hi all,

I have a Voda UK Desire that is going back tomorrow because of dust (a lot!) under the screen.

I rooted a few weeks ago using the goldcard method and and my phone now has the following;

Bravo unknown ship s-on

Hboot-0.75.0000

Software number is

my question is this, can I return to stock by simply running this file (is this the correct rom for the UK)?

RUU_Bravo_HTC_Europe_1.15.405.1_Radio_32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11_release_121684

or will I need to use the goldcard again?

I need to do this asap as the phone is being swapped tomorrow AM.

Thanks in advance

Daz

EDIT:

I've just seen this rom, should I be using this one instead?

RUU_Bravo_HTC_WWE_1.15.405.4_Radio_32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11_release_122704

The last one, that should be fine.

Guest dweebuk
The last one, that should be fine.

Thanks, I suspected as much.

I haven't flashed a rom before (well without following step by step instructions) do I just run the exe with my phone connected?

I am slightly nervous! I don't want to brick it just as it's about to be replaced.

Daz

Guest 42turkeys
Thanks, I suspected as much.

I haven't flashed a rom before (well without following step by step instructions) do I just run the exe with my phone connected?

I am slightly nervous! I don't want to brick it just as it's about to be replaced.

Daz

Yeah, the exe is an official one from HTC, its designed for noobs :). Just follow what it tells you.

Guest dweebuk
Yeah, the exe is an official one from HTC, its designed for noobs :). Just follow what it tells you.

I've done that, it fails with an error 131 :)

When I rooted the phone I created a gold card. Ive put that back in and the phone reboots constantly - it gets to the second i in brilliant and reboots over and over

squeaky voice - "help"

Daz

Guest 42turkeys
I've done that, it fails with an error 131 :)

When I rooted the phone I created a gold card. Ive put that back in and the phone reboots constantly - it gets to the second i in brilliant and reboots over and over

squeaky voice - "help"

Daz

Do a complete format of your SD card and then goldcard again using this method WWW.roothtchero.co.uk/goldcard-2 (it works for desire too)

Guest dweebuk
Do a complete format of your SD card and then goldcard again using this method WWW.roothtchero.co.uk/goldcard-2 (it works for desire too)

I can't boot the phone with the card I used to make a gold card. It keeps rebooting.

I have a horrible feeling this is something to do with apps2sd? I wish I had never rooted - it's put me off from ever attempting it again!

Anything else I can try?

Thanks for your help by the way

Daz

Guest 42turkeys
I can't boot the phone with the card I used to make a gold card. It keeps rebooting.

I have a horrible feeling this is something to do with apps2sd? I wish I had never rooted - it's put me off from ever attempting it again!

Anything else I can try?

Thanks for your help by the way

Daz

Take your SD card out and format it in your PC, don't panic or you will make a mistake.

We will make sure you have a fully unrooted phone.

BTW, in Windows untick 'quick format' or it still wont work.

Guest dweebuk
Take your SD card out and format it in your PC, don't panic or you will make a mistake.

We will make sure you have a fully unrooted phone.

BTW, in Windows untick 'quick format' or it still wont work.

I have done that - it still reboots :)

It does the same if there is no SD card in the phone

Edited by dweebuk

Guest 42turkeys
I have done that - it still reboots :)

It does the same if there is no SD card in the phone

Can you get into fastboot? (pressing back + power when turning on)

You can run the RUU from fastboot if you can get into there.

Guest dweebuk
Can you get into fastboot? (pressing back + power when turning on)

You can run the RUU from fastboot if you can get into there.

When I press back + power I see the option for fastboot yes, white text on a red background.

What do I need to do next??