27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest gforums

Possible that the HTC_IME mod from this kitchen isn't working?

Always crashes when I try to load it...

any way to fix that?

Guest lowrider_05
First thanks Paul for the Kitchen, but after i flashed your ROM from the Kitchen it worked about 20 minutes the SD Card dissappeard from the desire and after a reeboot the USB on the Phone stopped completely to work and windows on 3 different PCs recognized it as 3 Qualcomm msd devices in the devicemanager. under Fastboot i was able to flash back to the stockrom withe the RUU update from you :P but it has the same failure as described above. i appreciate all help from you and the community if thereĀ“s a way to fix my problem.

THX lowrider_05

can someone help me please? :D

in fastboot shows me Windows the right usb driver (Android USB Device and MY HTC) and when i boot android windows shows 3 Qualcomms... SD Card disappeard from the desire... someone an idea?

Guest Bakk15
bakk15

partition sd card in recovery mode

500ish ext3, rest fat

i did not understand.

I already have a 2Go ext3 partition.

i wiped both caches, settings and the ext partition.

Guest jdouce

would ur odexing script from the hero work ? with the desire?

if i would that would be awesome space saver...

and you wouldnt have to have roms odex'd as stock i just got ur script and looked at it... i cant see any reason it wouldnt work as the file structure is the same.

would have to run it from recovery mode tho and remove the reboot line

had a quick look

removed the reboot line

added rm -r /cache/dalvik-cache/*

im not confident tho since im VERY new to writing code ... as in 2 weeks old :P

Edited by jdouce

Guest Bakk15

WiFi was fine... but i had the warning of low memory for applications

i redid the recovery with

r1-a2sd-desire-dalvik-upgrade-signed

and then WiFi was broken :P

Guest lanxton

Is it possible for a custom ROM to receive OTA updates or has this been disabled to prevent the loss of root?

Edited by lanxton

Guest gizzy98

I've just realised that since my last Rom update, new radio & A2SD from r1. My gmail is no longer working, doesn't seem to be receiving email & its just stuck at sending.

Could this be a radio problem, is it possible for me to go back to my old original radio?

Any help appreciated.

Adam

*ignore me lol, googlemail wasn't set to autosync under account settings*

Edited by gizzy98

Guest ascito

I don't know why but this last ROM version with A2SD drains much more battery...

Edited by ascito

Guest toellby

Ok, just 2 question, anyone uses a new ROM from the kitchen?

2nd, why is the Option "Contacts" not checked when going to bake one?

Guest 42turkeys
Ok, just 2 question, anyone uses a new ROM from the kitchen?

2nd, why is the Option "Contacts" not checked when going to bake one?

The 'contacts' app is not checked as that is the stock Android one. (Not HTC Sense)

You will still have the HTC Sense contacts app if you do not check it.

Guest toellby

Alright, works!

Thanks @42turkeys, found out trying...

Just 2 other Questions: How do I use Navigation Panel?

Do I need to check Radio to every ROM I build? I do not,because updated once is enough?

Guest Pyr0x64

think i'll wait for r2 before cooking a custom rom :P

I'm also a little worried about flashing my phone again after reading the reports of people losing BT and USB as I need both

have you any idea what's going on there Paul ?

-Paul

Edited by Pyr0x64

Guest toellby

Everything seems to work fine, but... uh... USB is gone.

I can connect via adb using USB Debugging, but no Chance in activating any kind of USB to Mac Connection

Not very serious... now! But I need it for sure.

BT seems to work, going to test it in my Car in a few minutes...

Once again - how do I use the Navigation Panel?

Edited by toellby

Guest Odroid

MoDaCo custom rom with A2SD: working fine except only 75 MB phone memory and slow booting

I've had no problem at all flashing to a MoDaCo custom rom from the Online Kitchen, including A2SD, the radio update, Wave Secure and Titanium Backup. I have a Dutch HTC Desire with the 0.75 bootloader.

At first, I was a little bit worried about the USB-connection not recognizing my HTC. Luckily that had something to do with the faulty USB-frontpanel bracket on my pc.

I followed all instructions from the universal Windows rooting/flashing-method to the letter, with one exception:

Immediately after flashing to the custom rom, I formatted my Goldcard (no spare card available..) from the Custom Recovery Menu on the phone:

Swap 0 MB, Ext 2 - 1024 MB, Fat32 - Remainder.

After reboot everything is working fine, including A2SD. A few minor issues:

- Booting up takes a long time, every time. It seems like the system is waiting for the Quietly Brilliant-animation to start.

- On the custom rom, Internal phone memory starts rather low, at 75 MB. That's not a big problem though, because since installing a lot of apps and games to test A2SD, I'm currenty down to around 14 MB. That's more or less the same amount of free memory I had to keep on my unrooted phone to be able to install updates to apps and such. For my regular Android-install I will probably keep a lot more free memory.

Very happy so far, except booting could be faster and a little more local memory would be nice. And IĀ“d prefer the Nexus One startup animation to be included in the Kitchen. :-)

Other than that, nice work on the r1, Paul!

post-695080-1273319378_thumb.jpg

Edited by Odroid

Guest distantstorm

EDIT: Sorry, I should have read to try a wipe if any problems. That sorted it. Anyway, might be useful for others to know that to get Google contacts App showing a wipe before flashing is needed.

Hi, I think I may be being dumb (first time doing anything like this) but when I baked my ROM I checked the stock contacts option. In fact I can still see it checked on my screen right now. But now that I have flashed the ROM to the phone the contacts option is nowhere to be found. Not sure if I have made some sort of stupid mistake.

I assumed none of the pre-baked ROMs have the contacts option in them because it is listed as "optional" and that I need to bake my own - is that right?

Edited by distantstorm

Guest ernest33

Everything working fine here. I bake one r1 without a2sd and got a2sd from XDA the latest a2sd. :D

All is ok, i have 91Mo free (with more than 50 app like Google Earth, Speed Forge 3D, Maps 4.1.1, Speedx 3D, Raging Thunder to give just the biggest).

I notice that once flashed the new rom during the first start it doesn't ask me to recover my configuration (wifi, sms, ...). Does anybody notice that ? :P

Edited by ernest33

Guest jdouce
Everything working fine here. I bake one r1 without a2sd and got a2sd from XDA the latest a2sd. :D

All is ok, i have 91Mo free (with more than 50 app like Google Earth, Speed Forge 3D, Maps 4.1.1, Speedx 3D, Raging Thunder to give just the biggest).

I notice that once flashed the new rom during the first start it doesn't ask me to recover my configuration (wifi, sms, ...). Does anybody notice that ? :P

nevermind all is good ...

and .... still wondering if its worth odexing the rom?

and if the hero script will work

Edited by jdouce

Guest akurei

The first time after reboot from flash, everything works. After next "reboot" I am getting a lot of "Sorry, this application crashed" messages, and the only way to turn off the phone is by removing the battery. So, sadly not working for me =( 0.80 bootloader.

Guest jdouce
The first time after reboot from flash, everything works. After next "reboot" I am getting a lot of "Sorry, this application crashed" messages, and the only way to turn off the phone is by removing the battery. So, sadly not working for me =( 0.80 bootloader.

dont install a2sd

then get it from XDA liked above

its a cache problem