27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest distantstorm

Is the HTC Notes Widget incompatible with custom ROM? I notice it's not included and when I try to download it, it downloads but does not install.

Guest Fruchtzwerg
Everything working fine here. I bake one r1 without a2sd and got a2sd from XDA the latest a2sd. :P

All is ok, i have 91Mo free (with more than 50 app like Google Earth, Speed Forge 3D, Maps 4.1.1, Speedx 3D, Raging Thunder to give just the biggest).

I notice that once flashed the new rom during the first start it doesn't ask me to recover my configuration (wifi, sms, ...). Does anybody notice that ? :P

Yes, yes, yes, this one runs perfectly. :P

The inbaked a2sd dont worked for me but now all runs very well. :D

Thx :D

Guest gregDT

I also had a look at Darktremors A2SD and installed just now. Apps and Apps-private plus the Dalvik cache are now all on my SD card. I have about 20mb of apps on this phone and I'm seeing 131MB of free space.

Just downloaded Raging Thunder 2 lite (20mb) and my available ROM dropped by 2mb So all seems well.

Guest AltDimension

Just got my HTC Desire and I'm going to be waiting for the Android 2.2 announcements before I start flashing new stuff on my device.

Got a question tho, does this ROM comes with the Language 'English (English)', as opposed to English (Netherlands etc.)? The issue with not having English (English) is that the Amazon MP3 won't run.

Guest yazooo
can someone help me please? :P

in fastboot shows me Windows the right usb driver (Android USB Device and MY HTC) and when i boot android windows shows 3 Qualcomms... SD Card disappeard from the desire... someone an idea?

I have the same problem as you now. My SDCARD shows nothing in Astro file manager, and when connecting via a USB cable and setting to disk drive windows doesn't detect anything!

Trying to reboot now, if that doesn't work, may take out the card and connect directly to a pc to put the zip on for a reflash.

Serious issues with this rom, be warned.

Guest helikopter
dont install a2sd

then get it from XDA liked above

its a cache problem

Thanks for the tip. One question: if i use a baked mcr rom that has (a not working) a2sd baked in it, should i rebake one without it or is it possible to install over the curent one without any damages?

Guest ascito
Everything working fine here. I bake one r1 without a2sd and got a2sd from XDA the latest a2sd. :D

All is ok, i have 91Mo free (with more than 50 app like Google Earth, Speed Forge 3D, Maps 4.1.1, Speedx 3D, Raging Thunder to give just the biggest).

I notice that once flashed the new rom during the first start it doesn't ask me to recover my configuration (wifi, sms, ...). Does anybody notice that ? :P

THX a lot mate!!! PERFECT!

Guest ascito
i don't know what happens but after first restart my market application is disappeared..any idea?

The same here! Is it a ROM prob or a2sd one?

Guest toellby

Anyone else getting Issues with USB-Mac/PC?

Everything works fine (a2sd, BT, WiFi, Google, Exchange...) but no way to get a connection to my Mac...

Plugin' the USB the Desire is loading, but no chance getting the Menu "Connect to PC" working. Everytime I try it crashes...

Guest aslocum
Thanks for the tip. One question: if i use a baked mcr rom that has (a not working) a2sd baked in it, should i rebake one without it or is it possible to install over the curent one without any damages?

i have just installed the xda a2sd over my a2sd kitchen rom and its working without any problems. i got 50mb more free with the xda a2sd (because of cache to sd)

Guest ascito
i have just installed the xda a2sd over my a2sd kitchen rom and its working without any problems. i got 50mb more free with the xda a2sd (because of cache to sd)

Try to reboot a couple of times...and check if market is still there...

Guest manook

just rebooted from a fresh bake and then using xda's a2sd. Like some others my market icon suddenly vanished, the shortcut is still there on my home page but just FCs on running. How odd

Edited by manook

Guest kie777

hi, this is actually my first post here although i've been reading stuffs for quite some times, i managed to root my HTC desire using the tinycore linux supplied,created a goldcard on windows then running the tinycore as a virtual machine in my macbook. I have baked my MCR on the online kitchen ,and my question is how do i flash the zip files? how do i get to custom recovery? do i need to put my goldcard back in my device? can i use the tiny core linux? or should i use windows or even mac to do that? is there anybody willing to tell me the step by step guide? thanks

Guest jdouce
just rebooted from a fresh bake and then using xda's a2sd. Like some others my market icon suddenly vanished, the shortcut is still there on my home page but just FCs on running. How odd

that is REALLY strange :S

Guest jdouce

no goldcard reqd to get to recover

turn on holding vol down

go to recover

screen goes balck with red triangle

run

./recovery-linux.sh in a terminal in tinycore

Guest zw4mp

I baked a new one without A2SD. Seems the dalvik-cache file is still there in system/etc/init.d/ so i deleted it and resigned. I then wiped cache/dalvikcache, flashed first the rom and immediately after the Darktremor A2SD. Market is still there after two reboots and everything seems fine, have around 109mb free memory with quite alot of apps installed since before.

Hope this helps :P

Guest jdouce

ppl might be rebooting befor they install a2sd

shouldnt have any effect but may be causing problems

if ur having issues wipe ur data and caches and reboot

Guest mrshark

from notes on XDA page on a2sd:

NOTE: If you experience force closes or random reboots after you apply A2SD version 2.7, this could be that your SD card is not fast enough to handle the dalvik-cache. A minimum of a Class 4 SD card is recommended to run Dalvik correctly in an ext partition.

Guest manook

Ok just a temp fix as it will vanish again

Go to applications and find com.android.vending ---> clear cache --> uninstall (if no option then reboot and it will be there next time) --> reboot and market should return.

However on next reboot it may break again and have to repeat process. Just off out so cant look into it more...

It looks like a cache issue, if you reboot without opening market it stays installed without a problem. If you open it, click accept and then reboot it corrupts on next boot.

Guest cinereous
Anyone else getting Issues with USB-Mac/PC?

Sure you have not deselected the sync option in the kitchen? this was the solution for me. fresh baked rom with activated sync and all went fine.

Edited by cinereous

Guest aslocum

have rebootet 10times and market ist still there and functional