27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest andy76q

Great work you are doing Paul, big thanks to you.

My question, is it possible to take the webrowser from CyanogenMod att put in your Modaco custom rom? My reason for this request is that i just hate the pinch 2 zoom function on the

Htc Sense.

Much better on the N1 or cyanogen.

Is this possible you think?

Edited by andy76q

Guest Golgo
Great work you are doing Paul, big thanks to you.

My question, is it possible to take the webrowser from CyanogenMod att put in your Modaco custom rom? My reason for that request is that i just hate the pinch 2 zoom function on the

Htc Sense.

Much better on the N1 or cyanogen.

Is this possible you think?

Wait, what!? You HATE the supersmooth instantaneous zoom on the Desire??

Well now I've heard it all :P

Guest andy76q
Wait, what!? You HATE the supersmooth instantaneous zoom on the Desire??

Well now I've heard it all :P

well, have you tried the N1 or the cyoanogens browser? that one is accurate not the sense browser..

Guest DevilX

Hi with the rom my desire wake up on every key press how could i disable all key exept the power key?

EDIT:

after a reboot the problem is gone..

Edited by DevilX

Guest androiduser1

Does anyone know why I am not able to install the 06/May r1 HTC Desire ROM or the Stock ROM on my Nexus One, especially using the Online Kitchen? I can't even install the precooked ROMs with or without additions. I am only able to install the r21 version at best. I've done everything I could possibly do and wiped all previous data. Anyone else having the same issue? Keep in mind I am not a newbie either. PLEASE HELP ME!!

Guest Scottland
Does anyone know why I am not able to install the 06/May r1 HTC Desire ROM or the Stock ROM on my Nexus One, especially using the Online Kitchen? I can't even install the precooked ROMs with or without additions. I am only able to install the r21 version at best. I've done everything I could possibly do and wiped all previous data. Anyone else having the same issue? Keep in mind I am not a newbie either. PLEASE HELP ME!!

I believe you need a Desire ROM that has been ported to work on the N1 kernal, not just a stock desire ROM.

Guest helikopter

Advice: don't ever try to install any rom on you device that wasn't built for it. It will never work and you can very easily brick your phone. As far as i know there are some desire roms available for the n1, try those out instead.

Guest MacCarron

I know it is kinda silly, but is there any way to re-enable the full screen weather animations in the home screens? They do not work even though i checked the corresponding box in the clock/weather widget settings...I liked to show off by unlocking the phone in front of friends and inspire awe all around :P

Edited by MacCarron

Guest MyFlower06

I'm really looking forward to new ROM with fixed bugs... I'm using custom ROM, but sometimes it's really annoying - I can't download large apps from Market, no auto-focus in camera app, no auto brightness and it seems like I can't lock my phone with power button. At least I don't have to use Sense and ap2sd works fine :P

Guest fatwolf

This is probably a really dumb question but how do you tell if a2sd is working or not.

I think i partitioned right but there's soo many conflicting guides out there I have absolutely no idea.

Guest MyFlower06
This is probably a really dumb question but how do you tell if a2sd is working or not.

I think i partitioned right but there's soo many conflicting guides out there I have absolutely no idea.

Space on your system partition is not getting smaller with every app installed :P and if you mount your SD card directly to your computer you can see downloaded apps on your ext partition :D

Guest fatwolf
Space on your system partition is not getting smaller with every app installed :P and if you mount your SD card directly to your computer you can see downloaded apps on your ext partition :D

is it the content of the app folder on the ext3 partition?

Guest jdouce

yes

if you boot to recovery

and press MS-USB

its mount the partitions and u can see the contents of the ext partition (if u have linux)

if you dont have linux ... hurry up and get unbuntu on a USB HDD get a usb hdd (HDD NOT MEMORY STICK) flash memory is too slow.

and get unbunu 10.04 cd

and install it .. its SO SO SO helpful

i carry mine arround then can have my own os with any apps i need on ANY computer

Edited by jdouce

Guest jdouce

any1 know if theres a way to change the size of the system partition cant help thinging we might as well have a larger data partition :P

since ... well we got a half full system partition .... 150/300 and a full data partition >147

Guest fatwolf

Most of the time I don't use anything but linux.

Also if you really need to see linux partitions on windows

Ext2 IFS driver for windows

I use it all the time on my windows boxes when i need to see linux devices.

If you put apps in that app folder directly do the programs appear in the 'all programs' list or do you still have to install them.

Just one last thing. some guides for partitioning the sd card say to create a swap partition. Is there really a point to swap space on an SD card?

Guest gregDT

On a linux box plug your phone into the PC but don't mount the SD card. Open a terminal and cd to where ever you have your recovery**.sh file etc.

Type

./adb-linux shell

ls -l data

You're apps and apps-private should be in /system/sd/apps & /system/sd/apps-private. Also ideally dalvik cache should also have /sd/ in it's path.

Not exactly sure how to do this on a Mac or Windows PC as I have neither. I assume it's the same principal though.

Guest fatwolf

Oh thats a nice way of checking thanks.

I keep forgetting there is shell access to this device.

for me dalvik cache does not have a /sd/ path but id rather not make too many changes.

Out of curiosity what is that specific cache for?

Guest afiorillo
[...]

It's the OS' core Java VM cache.

Edited by afiorillo

Guest toellby

Until now, 2 Days testing the r1 from kitchen, everything is fine!

Last ROM I did was without A2SD (chose the Darktremor one)... really great!

Thanks to Paul,

German How-To I wrote to my Blog: www.pulverpara.de

Edited by toellby

Guest helikopter
I'm really looking forward to new ROM with fixed bugs... I'm using custom ROM, but sometimes it's really annoying - I can't download large apps from Market, no auto-focus in camera app, no auto brightness and it seems like I can't lock my phone with power button. At least I don't have to use Sense and ap2sd works fine :P

i'm uscing the modaco custom rom and never had any of the listed issues. no autofocus? no lock with power button? oh my god, i think something is really screwed up with your device.

Guest helikopter
Oh thats a nice way of checking thanks.

I keep forgetting there is shell access to this device.

for me dalvik cache does not have a /sd/ path but id rather not make too many changes.

another way to check the amount of space on your ext partition is to downlod a terminal emulator onto your device (i use 'better terminal emulator', it's available for free in the market), and use the 'df' command which lists all of the system partitions of your device, including those on the sd card. if you do it this way you don't have to connect your phone to your computer. i think that it's much easier.

Guest bbawden
i can stop the bootloops by disabling a2sd in the adb shell (remove, nocache, noswap) and doing a wipe/factory reset brings back the market

but i still have no working ap2sd again yet

i've tried clearing the sd card by repartitioning (since wiping it in recovery doesn't actually seem to work/do anything)

but still no joy yet

I had reboot loops too, and it's a2sd related.

I got it to work by backing up everything on my SD card.

Then in the CRI menu, I repartitioned the card. I didn't opt for a swap, so just ext and FAT. Then I upgraded from ext2 to ext3, but I didn't upgrade to ext4.

Then I toggled USB mode, copied the stuff I wanted back onto the card.

Then I reflashed the MCR and it worked OK.

I'm not sure why I needed to do that, as the card was already partitioned OK as far as I could tell. I hope I won't need to go through that each time I install a new MCR.