27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest bbawden
On a linux box plug your phone into the PC but don't mount the SD card. Open a terminal and cd to where ever you have your recovery**.sh file etc.

Type

./adb-linux shell

ls -l data

You're apps and apps-private should be in /system/sd/apps & /system/sd/apps-private. Also ideally dalvik cache should also have /sd/ in it's path.

Not exactly sure how to do this on a Mac or Windows PC as I have neither. I assume it's the same principal though.

In Windows, I get "device not found". The only way I can get shell is to boot the phone into recovery mode, then run a portion of the step 2 code that gives shell access. Is there an easier way?

Guest radshag

Hey all.

I am having a similar issue to others here.

Whenever I restart my phone I get a "Process android.process.acore is not responding" popup. If I click wait everything works fine.... Until I reboot the phone.

I am using the A2SD included in the kitchen of this post.

I am wondering if this could be because some app is trying to access information in the cache which is now stored on the sd card. I noticed that the sd card takes some time to load at startup.

Does anyone else of this issue. Better yet a solution or at least direction to start debugging this....

Thanks,

Radshag

Guest Nebulous
I don't get that, mine backs up! You could do it via adb ('adb shell nandroid-mobile.sh b') and see what it says?

P

I also got this, Haven't had a chance to run it via adb yet. Will let you know soon, just baked a new ROM to install!

Guest fatwolf

Just a note to anyone having an issue with the backup setup.

If it fails when you run it from the phone you have to reboot the recovery system 1st before you can run it using the cmd line option.

If you try and run it right away from the cmd line it will fail as when running from the phone it leaves things mounted which then means when you run it again they stay busy causing the cmd line version to fail.

So yeah reboot back into the recovery system and instead of running the backup from the menu run it from the cmd line only.

Guest scotch whisky

For all those trying to see if A2SD is working and don't want or can't use linux why not do it the easy way!

Download "Android Terminal emulator" from the Market. It's free.

Launch the program and accept any screens which appear.

at the prompt type

"su"

then

"ls -l /data" (both without the inverted commas! Make sure you type a space after the "ls" and the "-l")

You will then see the same directory display as you would if you have typed the same commands on a linux system.

No computer and certainly not a linux one required!

Guest -TheNose-

I can't tell from the kitchen, but I just want the standard android calendar app, is this included? I don't see an option to exclude the HTC one??

Also a lot of the problems I see here have to do with the app2sd thing, or am I overlooking something? I just want a clean "nexus 1" rom without the HTC crap. Is this possible with this kitchen? :P

Sorry for the noobness, first android device, been using winmo since 2003 thank god that is in the past now. :D

Guest helikopter
I can't tell from the kitchen, but I just want the standard android calendar app, is this included? I don't see an option to exclude the HTC one??

Also a lot of the problems I see here have to do with the app2sd thing, or am I overlooking something? I just want a clean "nexus 1" rom without the HTC crap. Is this possible with this kitchen? :P

Sorry for the noobness, first android device, been using winmo since 2003 thank god that is in the past now. :D

there's a nexus one rom (with cyanogen's additions) available here on the forum. if you take a look at the topic listings in the forum you'll easily find it.

Guest jasup

ive been reinstalling this rom for 10 times

wipe, clean, erase everything

and i cant have wifi..never

"cant start wifi" it says....

with any other rom it works

Guest jasup
What did you cook in your rom ? What did you removed ?

i try not to cook anything (like the default one in kitchen), i try just to remove, stock which i dont like, but both have the same error

it just make my wifi unable to start.

just installed the "stock rom rooted" and it works...i might stay with this one since i only rooted for wifi tether and app2sd

Guest -TheNose-
there's a nexus one rom (with cyanogen's additions) available here on the forum. if you take a look at the topic listings in the forum you'll easily find it.

Yeah but I want to bake my own basic android rom from the kitchen, just wanted to know if someone has done that yet?

Guest Fruchtzwerg

thx Paul

First feedback for MCR r2. After update all is running very well. The new A2SD+ is wonderfull, more space on /data.

The correct build version is now also shown.

But i found a prob (in MCR r1 the same) with downloaded widget from HTC. i can not find the installed widged. Any hints why.

Edited by Fruchtzwerg

Guest gforums
thx Paul

First feedback for MCR r2. After update all is running very well. The new A2SD+ is wonderfull, more space on /data.

The correct build version is now also shown.

But i found a prob (in MCR r1 the same) with downloaded widget from HTC. i can not find the installed widged. Any hints why.

+1

downloaded notes widget, but didn't see it.

Guest Fruchtzwerg

No!!

see first Post

Upgrading

No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM, however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.

Guest nollie

Only an hour ago I finished flashing and getting r1 to work... here we go again!

Thanks Paul, definitely worth getting an ad-free account for this, just wish it didn't take me so long to set everything up.

All finished. Much easier, 117MB memory free. No apps were deleted (backed up just in case).

Edited by nollie

Guest gizzy98
Only an hour ago I finished flashing and getting r1 to work... here we go again!

Thanks Paul, definitely worth getting an ad-free account for this, just wish it didn't take me so long to set everything up.

Use titanium backup mate, seems to restore apps etc fine after a reflash. Doesnt seem to restore my screen layouts though

Guest Emmepi

Paul, is it possible to add a browser (Astro ?) directly in the kitchen, to explore SDCard directly after flash ?

Or it is impossible due to copyrights ?