27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest anishnair
... it's been like 4 hours since i tryed to make a new rom.

This kitchen has already generated 723 ROMs - the waiting list contains 154 build(s).

Looks like r3 kitchen is broken.

Guest ascito
So, it depends upon your SIM card and your phone/ROM: many people here had different languages shown given the same phone and the same ROM flashed in. :)

Strange, I have the same results with Vodafone and Noverca. Not quite sure about SIM relation...

Guest afiorillo
Anyone else having problems with the kitchen.

I made one first with A2SD+ first with r3 kitchen but it simply looped for me, went back to Evil-desire rom again to make one without A2SD+ and it's been like 4 hours since i tryed to make a new rom.

The loop is a known issue for r3, it's sorted manually wiping the Dalvik-cache folder on the SD, acting from your computer and a card reader. Another option is to partition the memory card before flashing r3.

Guest Lisai_dk
The loop is a known issue for r3, it's sorted manually wiping the Dalvik-cache folder on the SD, acting from your computer and a card reader. Another option is to partition the memory card before flashing r3.

I never made a ext3 partition as i dont need that much space but the dalvik cache to sd will give me around 140mb for apps. Do i still need to format the sd card?

Guest U-Man
This kitchen has already generated 723 ROMs - the waiting list contains 154 build(s).

Looks like r3 kitchen is broken.

Sure does look like it :)

Just keeps loading and loading.....then the progress bar is gone and a little while later the page just blanks!

This way the queue will surely grow larger and larger....i tried 3 times already ;)

Guest afiorillo
I never made a ext3 partition as i dont need that much space but the dalvik cache to sd will give me around 140mb for apps. Do i still need to format the sd card?

Since the issue is related to the missing Dalvik-cache folder wipe, I think yes. However, I'm wondering about your configuration: A2SD+ and no ext partition?

Guest afiorillo
Sure does look like it :)

Just keeps loading and loading.....then the progress bar is gone and a little while later the page just blanks!

This way the queue will surely grow larger and larger....i tried 3 times already :D

If you want an almost full A2SD+ r3 (lacking only Wavesecure, boot sound and chinese input), download it from here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/uG_BqeX_/r3-br...cocustomro.html

Cheers. ;)

Edited by afiorillo

Guest Rich Cranney
I did this on my phone, but make sure you're in root mode, by typing the "su" command before typing any other commands. You know you're in root mode when there is a # at the beginning of every line, instead of a $.

@Lisai_dk : yes, I've had problem with the kitchen since this morning too...

Thanks for that, managed to check and it looks like it should be pushing them to the sd card as the settings are the same as yours.

I have noticed though that when I install from the Market, they go direct to the sd card and no memory is taken from the phone storage. If I install from an APK file from my memory card, the memory on my SD card decreases.

Any ideas?

Guest Lisai_dk
Since the issue is related to the missing Dalvik-cache folder wipe, I think yes. However, I'm wondering about your configuration: A2SD+ and no ext partition?

Thanks a lot for your help :)..

Wiped everything and running r3 A2SD+ flawless now but only with around 90mb for apps.

I think it looped as i tried to add a battery icon skin by uploading the update file in kitchen.

Used Evil-Desire rom before and had 140mb but i guess this isnt the same method used for cache.

Guest U-Man
If you want an almost full A2SD+ r3 (lacking only Wavesecure, boot sound and chinese input), download it from here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/uG_BqeX_/r3-br...cocustomro.html

Cheers. :)

Thanks for that but i'd really like to get rid of some more ingredients. Stocks, RSS, Peep, Navigator, Amazon, Wavesecure, Footprints, Flickr, News and Weather, FM radio....all not needed but i do wanna have the A2SD+, development tools etc that i won't get from Evil D's ROM for instance. The r3 with those options would be best of all for me, guess i'll just wait 'till it's cookin'again ;)

thx

edit: Ofcourse now it's working again :D

Edited by U-Man

Guest afiorillo
[...]

Wiped everything and running r3 A2SD+ flawless now but only with around 90mb for apps. [...]

I think you're playing with fire... having A2SD+ enabled with no ext partition at all is quite odd. I can't figure out what kind of consequences such a scenario can bring to your device.

If I understood what you've just done (partitioned the memory card w/ ext partition), I guess you'll have to re-flash the entire thing to gain back your space, now... But it's just speculation.

Guest Lisai_dk
I think you're playing with fire... having A2SD+ enabled with no ext partition at all is quite odd. I can't figure out what kind of consequences such a scenario can bring to your device.

If I understood what you've just done (partitioned the memory card w/ ext partition), I guess you'll have to re-flash the entire thing to gain back your space, now... But it's just speculation.

Hmm maybe i misunderstood something but if i dont partition my SDcard the A2SD part will simply not work but neither harm any.

And in the A2SD+ version some of the cache is moved to you data folder on you SDcard simply to create more room for apps if you dont wish to risk partitioning.

Maybe i completely misunderstood something.

Guest ElDiablo77
r3 kitchen is working!

a little question - is a wipe required from r2 to r3?

best regards

Hey I went r2-r3 no wipe & no problem!

Guest Chikken

Just installed r3 and everything works fine except the nexus boot ^^

edit: downloaded it 30mins ago, now there is only the r3 avaiable... anything changed?

Edited by Chikken

Guest Emmepi

What did i miss ?

I wanna bake a rom WITHOUT Sense/Rosie

I tried to bake 3 times (r1, r2 and r3 now) a rom WITHOUT Sense/Rosie, and everytime, i can't use it, it cames with errors at 1st boot, and black screen...

So why Sense/Rosie can be checked/uncheked in kitchen, if everytime i uncheck it, i can't use it ?

Which other components i must uncheck too to make it work ?

Guest ascito
r3 prebakes are now online!

P

Paul, two questions:

1. why by upgrading Radio, all my apps (A2SD+) become corrupted and I have to reinstall them?

2. why even if I have a rooted device and a custom rom, I still have only two language (English and Franch) and I have o use MoreLocale2? According to afiorillo, it could be related to SIM, but I've tried with several SIM from different carriers, but I always have only two languages.

THX 4 all!

Edited by ascito

Guest jdouce

yup +1 r3 without rosie black screen

fix, get prolauncher beta, or helix and install it.. get the apk oinline

Edited by jdouce

Guest Emmepi
yup +1 r3 without rosie black screen

fix, get prolauncher beta, or helix and install it.. get the apk oinline

We must bake a launcher in kitchen ? Or we can install one from Desire after ?