27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Twau

Flashed to R3 from the R3 rootbuild, worked great. Then I wiped, and after that I got bootloops, but after formated the sdcard ones more, it fixed itself.

Question: Do you need to uninstall-protection from wavesecure if it is already baked in system/apps?

Guest jfran

yes it looks like a launcher will have to be custom added to the r3 roms as its not part of the package contrary to the instructions if rosie/sense was omitted, on another note, it looks like custom apps are not being baked properly at present either :)

Guest Paul
yes it looks like a launcher will have to be custom added to the r3 roms as its not part of the package contrary to the instructions if rosie/sense was omitted, on another note, it looks like custom apps are not being baked properly at present either :)

With an error or something else? Be aware of the 10MB upload limit!

P

Guest Emmepi

Paul, can you add an alternative launcher to the kitchen ?

Then we can uncheck Sense and check new launcher directly !

And Astro browser too ! :)

Guest BustedFly

Hey Paul, I now have two times a r3 baked with Nexus One Boot Animation. This does not exist or do you activate it first?. It seems the normal Desire! Can you fix it?

Edited by BustedFly

Guest Twau

Can anyone please explain the sentence below in-dept please?

CyanogenMod apns-conf.xml

ROM is now unified with Nexus One release for faster updates to newer builds

Complete ground-up rework

Elements of EPF21B.

So far I noticed the Nexus One wallpaper works with touch-input, this is new to the desire right? Never seen that before.

Guest Pyr0x64
With an error or something else? Be aware of the 10MB upload limit!

P

the zip i tried to upload was only 9.23MB, but it failed

separately the zips will bake, but combined it failed *shrug*

Guest Paul
Paul, can you add an alternative launcher to the kitchen ?

Then we can uncheck Sense and check new launcher directly !

And Astro browser too ! ;)

Helix Launcher 2 suit you sir? :)

I'll ask their permission and add it in. :D

P

Guest mountnorth
is downloading htc widgets fixed?

not for me, just checked with r3 - still not working

@Paul - just add an option to use patched/unpatched rosie for those who want those widgets to work if thats the source of the error

Guest StuMcBill
Maybe this was asked before, but why was Launcher2 removed in the first place?

It was removed by HTC in the software version that this is based on, not by Paul.

Guest Fruchtzwerg

@Paul

Place a look at QuickOffice, it is not running either in the prebaked still in MCR.

Unfortunately, not yet run downloaded HTC widget.

And one more thing. In "Account and Sync" I have no more the "sync all" button. Is this normally so.

Guest masi0
facebook works for me! Wrong password or email?

definitely not. i used open kitchen with facebook as addin. when adding new acount to sync i can select facebook or facebook for htc sense - first works fine, the other not - ongoing syncing cirle in status bar for ages until i will delete account :)

Guest squrl
It was removed by HTC in the software version that this is based on, not by Paul.

So r2 is based on a ROM which includes Launcher2? Cause mine cooked r2 ROM has it.

Guest mountnorth

So it seems like "r3 aliens ate my memory" :) - flashed from r2 to r3 and lost 40M phone internal memory. I had 55M free before flashing, 15M after flashing.

Just restored my r2 nandroid taken right before flashing r3 and got my Megs back ^^.

And I'm not mixing RAM/ROM stuff, just checked the value you see via phone settings (mem avaliable for installing apps).

I'll stay with r2 til I or somebody else figured out if/whats wrong - the cooked images I made for r2 and r3 are identical (checked/unchecked features), I also opened both zips to do a basic check. r3 zip is only 3M bigger than the r2.

edit: just did a full wipe before flashing r3 and have 88M free for apps with r3 - r2 gives at least 115M with identical config.

edit2: unpacked r3 is way smaller than unpacked r2 - I have no clue ^^

Edited by mountnorth

Guest daniel89

hello,

i flashed a r3 kitchen rom and now i can't chose a ringtone from SDCard. only the stock ringtones are available.

:-(

Guest nollie

Just flashed r3 A2SD+ from r2 A2SD+ without wipe. Only issue I came across was having to reload all widgets. Shortcuts were unaffected.

Edited by nollie

Guest Jimmy Nilsson
So it seems like "r3 aliens ate my memory" :) - flashed from r2 to r3 and lost 40M phone internal memory. I had 55M free before flashing, 15M after flashing.

Just restored my r2 nandroid taken right before flashing r3 and got my Megs back ^^.

And I'm not mixing RAM/ROM stuff, just checked the value you see via phone settings (mem avaliable for installing apps).

I'll stay with r2 til I or somebody else figured out if/whats wrong - the cooked images I made for r2 and r3 are identical (checked/unchecked features), I also opened both zips to do a basic check. r3 zip is only 3M bigger than the r2.

edit: just did a full wipe before flashing r3 and have 88M free for apps with r3 - r2 gives at least 115M with identical config.

Same problem here ;)

Reverting back to r2 until fixed.

Guest sonandreas

edit2: unpacked r3 is way smaller than unpacked r2 - I have no clue ^^

Is it normal to have around 78MB free on internal storage after flashing the r3.

I downloaded the prebaked r3 without the default additions e.g wavesecure

Edited by sonandreas

Guest ourfear
hello,

i flashed a r3 kitchen rom and now i can't chose a ringtone from SDCard. only the stock ringtones are available.

:-(

I just did a full wipe and flash the new R3, and I can chose a ringtone from SDCard for my contacts

Guest mred612

i have a stupid/simple question. Is the camera bug fixed? The flash wasn't working when i had originally downloaded desire rom back bout 1 month ago. I just saw this newer rom and was hoping/wondering if the camera issues have been resolved. Thanks!

Guest Twau

Have some issues installing apps, the force close after I install them, then I have to uninstall, and reinstall them untill they work. Is that a problem caused by a wrong configured a2sd+?

ls -l /data

shows

app-private -> /system/sd/app-private

app -> /system/sd/app

Swap: 0

Ext2: 512

Fat32: rest of it

Then convert to ext3.

Correct me if I did wrong!

Edited by Twau