27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest daniel89
I just did a full wipe and flash the new R3, and I can chose a ringtone from SDCard for my contacts

hello,

if i go to the personalize-settings there is only the list of stock system-ringtones. with the r2-rom i were able to chose between system- and ownringtones (e.g. MP3s from SDCard).

daniel

Guest masi0

Ok so I have returned to stock rooted. Some issues found:

1. battery widgets are not refreshing problerly as in stock

2. facebook vs facebook for htc issue as if both installed via open kitchen syncing takes for ever

3. no able to see what is syncing at the moment as in stock

Guest nollie

Now reverting from r3 to r2 which I have backed up - Used A2SD+ with r2 without any problems but just tried to update/install an app on r3 but told that it is unsuccessful.

Does this mean I have to re-format my SD card again with ext3 partition if I want to get r3 working?

Darnit, says my card is corrupted. Looks like I'll reformat anyway. See you on the other side!

Edited by nollie

Guest mountnorth
Is it normal to have around 78MB free on internal storage after flashing the r3.

I downloaded the prebaked r3 without the default additions e.g wavesecure

Unfortunately it looks like r3 eats up a lot more of internal storage - I had a bit more but stripped some htc stuff I don't need (facebook, friendstream, teeter, peep etc.)

But I had another strange effect: after flashing r3 several times with/without full wipe I restored my last nandroid *without* full wipe and had like 20M internal storage left - but expected like 55M. I did a full wipe again and then restored my r2 backup and had 55M free internal storage back - I have no idea whats wrong there, might be an issue with the recovery image or something not stable working with nandroid/wipe.

edit: everytime I talk about r2 and mention 55M free - thats with all apps installed that I currenty use more frequently (37 apps +-3)

Edited by mountnorth

Guest Ceased2be

Flashed to R3 withouth a problem, but I'm also missing some internal memory. Went from ~30Mb to a little less than 20Mb...

Guest dudeldei
Flashed to R3 withouth a problem, but I'm also missing some internal memory. Went from ~30Mb to a little less than 20Mb...

+1

I had 40+ mb free internal on R2, flashed R3 and now I have 20+ mb free...

Besides that, it works like a charm...at least for now ^^

Guest Ceased2be

Ok, found out not everything is fine. When I try to access settings -> Accounts & sync I get a reboot (same as with the previous build).

Anyone here who did a full wipe and has the same problem? Don't want to wipe unless I need to :)

Guest ascito
Ok, found out not everything is fine. When I try to access settings -> Accounts & sync I get a reboot (same as with the previous build).

Anyone here who did a full wipe and has the same problem? Don't want to wipe unless I need to :)

I am still with previous r3, the one before the upgrade of yestrday, and I have none of these issues...

Edited by ascito

Guest FrancisFuku

Yes, neither do I. However, when I go to "Accounts & sync", I don't have the "Sync all" button anymore. Is that normal ? It's not a big problem for me, as I've never used it, but I wonder.

And like many other, I've noticed, since pre-r3, that I have less free internal memory than with r2, something like 15 MB less (~40 MB vs ~55 MB). I don't think it's a big deal, considering there's A2SD, but it's worth mentionning it.

Except these issues, r3 is running like a charm on my Desire :)

Edited by FrancisFuku

Guest Pyr0x64
Anyone else noticed the online kitchen isn't working today?

Kitchen and download servers are currently offline, service will be restored asap. less than a minute ago via Tweetie

Guest hassand

im stuck on the boot screen, the htc logo shows and not any further

i wiped the device before flashing the custom rom

anyone have any idea to why this might have happened??

Guest MyFlower06
im stuck on the boot screen, the htc logo shows and not any further

i wiped the device before flashing the custom rom

anyone have any idea to why this might have happened??

Same problem here, no idea what's wrong.

Guest mountnorth

Accounts & Sync worked from r1 - r3 for me, what HTC stuff did you remove with your rom?

I always remove Stocks, Facebook, Flickr, Peep and Friendstream (and keep the other Sense stuff) and don't use the optional Android default contacts - with that config Accounts & Sync works for me - never got any errors with that.

Guest masi0

I am wondering to cook sense-less r3 modaco rom, however

I am not sure how the functionality will remain after?

Can native android will have same features without sense?

syncing exchage? facebook? non htc calendar app? contacts?

how does the stick android keybord feels like?

Guest EddyOS

Got the same here, removed some things (Facebook, Peep) and if I go to Accounts & Sync it reboots...back to stock at the mo until I can get a root to work properly as I'm sure something aren't working correctly

Guest Paul

FDCservers @ Denver is currently down - ROMraid kitchen / download services will be restored as soon as they are back online.

P

Guest MyFlower06
I am wondering to cook sense-less r3 modaco rom, however

I am not sure how the functionality will remain after?

Tried it with poor results. I got to the part when I set up my Google account after first boot, then system crashed :)

Guest Ceased2be
Accounts & Sync worked from r1 - r3 for me, what HTC stuff did you remove with your rom?

I always remove Stocks, Facebook, Flickr, Peep and Friendstream (and keep the other Sense stuff) and don't use the optional Android default contacts - with that config Accounts & Sync works for me - never got any errors with that.

I removed the same things. It worked in R1 and R2 but R3 is giving me problems...

Guest EddyOS

Question for Paul:

Can you add the latest Facebook app as an option for the ROM? Or the Official Twitter app? I did do it myself but it then kicks off a stink with Friendstream as it can't read the Facebook app correctly (I know it won't read the Twitter one). If it means having to lose FriendStream then so be it but I'd rather have the latest versions on a ROM then having to do updates each time I flash a ROM