27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest sun-drop
I removed it manually, and so far, I've had no problem. To do so :

1/ Reboot your phone in recovery mode (just run step2 of the rooting procedure)

2/ Make sure you have the Android SDK on your compture, then open a terminal on your computer, and navigate to the "tools" directory of the Android SDK zip file (after you extracted it, of course)

3/ Run these commands :

adb shell
then
mount /system
ls /system/app
At this moment, you should have a list of your apps. Search for com.ws.whatever (or something like this), there should be 2 files. And finally, it's time to remove these files :
rm /system/app/'the name of the file'
When you are done :
unmount /system

and reboot your phone. To be sure not to have any dead links in the menu, you can wipe your cache in the recovery menu.

That's what I did to remove Wavesecure, and it worked flawlessly.

other than having to use "umount" rather than "unmount" PERFECT dude .. cheers. my 1st use of adb :)

Guest afiorillo
R3 not working for me -- bootloop :) r2 & r1 was fine, though...

You'll have to manually wipe Dalvik-cache or re-partition your SD.

Guest afiorillo
In recovery, select Wipe>Wipe dalvik-cache

Nope. That's exactly what's not working and causing the bootloop. :)

You'll have to follow the steps quoted above in this very page when speaking about deleting Wavesecure (you'll have to navigate to /data/dalvik-cache [actually, /system/sd/dalvik-cache if A2SD+'ed]).

And... watch your steps! You're handling system files in that way.

Edited by afiorillo

Guest scotch whisky
In recovery, select Wipe>Wipe dalvik-cache

It is my understanding that this part of recovery is broken. The safest way is to repartition the SD card immediately after flashing the new ROM. What I do is set the ext partition to 0 first and them immediately repartition with the default 512MB ext. I also set the swap to 0. This is followed by ext2 to ext3 conversion. I do all of this in recovery and without rebooting between each step. This totally wipes the SD card so back up anything you need. Using this method I have never had a "boot loop" or any of the other problems related to the SD card.

Edited by scotch whisky

Guest EddyOS

I was only answering how to wipe the dalvik cache in general, not in relation to the conversation - I always repartition my SD card each time I do a ROM flash as habit...

Should really read further back before posting it would seem!! :)

Guest hanserson1

I am wondering which base rom is used. I couln't find the 1.12.xxx nowhere in the stock roms. A hint would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Guest mountnorth
Question for Paul:

Can you add the latest Facebook app as an option for the ROM? Or the Official Twitter app? I did do it myself but it then kicks off a stink with Friendstream as it can't read the Facebook app correctly (I know it won't read the Twitter one). If it means having to lose FriendStream then so be it but I'd rather have the latest versions on a ROM then having to do updates each time I flash a ROM

If you want to use Facebook/Friendstream and stay with latest FB version just check Peep+HTC Facebook at the kitchen. After flashing just install the official Facebook app from Market - you'll still have only 1 Facebook app. I never tested if everything works with that setup as I don't have a FB account.

Guest EddyOS

I've cooked an MCRr3 ROM with FB/Peep/FS removed and have added the latest FB/Twitter apps to the ROM so will see how this behaves later on this evening. Would try it now but I can't get rooting via Windows to work regardless of version (work PC is Vista Business x86) - it fails on step1 so will use the r3 TinyCore method later on...

Edited by EddyOS

Guest hanserson1
Probably a test ROM, someone said it's an Asian one but I don't know...does it matter? lol!!

Yes it matters to me. Maybe somebody who knows the answer could answer :)

Which base rom is the 1.12.xxx.x? Where does it come from?

Guest EddyOS

I did say someone's said it's from an Asian ROM but as to which I don't know, so that's part of your question. I still don't see why knowing the exact version number is relevent, though...perhaps you can enlighten us so we know what it is you want to know about the ROM :)

Guest hanserson1
I did say someone's said it's from an Asian ROM but as to which I don't know, so that's part of your question. I still don't see why knowing the exact version number is relevent, though...perhaps you can enlighten us so we know what it is you want to know about the ROM :)

I feel you really want to chat. As I am interested in what I patch my phone with I am curious about the version. I searched for this base ROM and couldn't find it. So I put the questions to this forum since I guess Paul does know the answer. And maybe other guyes are interested in this, too, therefore I do not write a PM. Are you enlightened now?

Unfortunately you are sitting at home bored bothering me with background information requests instead of letting people anwer my question. No offence, though, but this is something I never understood anyway ;)

Guest EddyOS

Calm down mate, doesn't look like anyone else is answering at the mo so thought I'd just ask why you're interested. I am too but it's not the be all and end all!!

I'm at work, not home, and had a spare 10 mins so came on here. Perhaps Paul put 1.21.xxx.x as it's a mixture of ROMs and not 1 specifically. Only he can answer so best wait for him I guess.

Take a chill pill, this is a forum for discussion so of course people are going to chat!! :)

Guest ascito
Nope. That's exactly what's not working and causing the bootloop. :)

You'll have to follow the steps quoted above in this very page when speaking about deleting Wavesecure (you'll have to navigate to /data/dalvik-cache [actually, /system/sd/dalvik-cache if A2SD+'ed]).

And... watch your steps! You're handling system files in that way.

Sorry Angelo, there must be something wrong. I have A2SD+ but I get:

# ls /system/sd/dalvik-cache

ls /system/sd/dalvik-cache

ls: /system/sd/dalvik-cache: No such file or directory

How can it be?

Edited by ascito

Guest afiorillo
Sorry Angelo, there must be something wrong. I have A2SD+ but I get:

How can it be?

Try this:

adb remount

adb ls -l /system/sd/dalvik-cache/

If you can see the directory content, you can try to wipe it while in recovery console (you'll need to open another cmd window on your computer).

Guest gandalfmuaddib

Finally got around to purchasing an Ad-Free account for the kitchen option. Working fine on my Desire now, with Peep and Flickr removed and A2SD+ included.

Accounts and Sync working as they should, except for a "com.google.process.gapps" FC on first boot.

Like another user here I'm not getting QuickOffice in my program list although I've selected it in the Kitchen.

Also, is the Nexus One bootscreen option still working? Selected it and it's still the default "quietly brilliant" one on mine.

Not that it matters, I can just push and update.zip to replace the bootscreen... Still, methinks the option isn't working...

Paul, great job with the customization though! Sure feels snappier than the stock ROM. :)

Guest ascito
Did you mount /system before? Just a guess...

here it is, I also made a test with apps folder:

C:\Desire Tools\tools>adb shell

# mount /system

mount /system

# ls /system/app

ls /system/app

AccountAndSyncSettings.apk HtcTwitter.apk

ApplicationsProvider.apk HtcWeatherWallpaper.apk

Bluetooth.apk Jbed.apk

BrcmBluetoothServices.apk LiveWallpapers.apk

Browser.apk LiveWallpapersPicker.apk

Calculator.apk MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk

Calendar.apk Mail.apk

CalendarProvider.apk MarketUpdater.apk

CertInstaller.apk MediaProvider.apk

CheckinProvider.apk MediaUploader.apk

Clicker.apk Mms.apk

ContactsProvider.apk Mode10Wallpapers.apk

CustomizationSettingsProvider.apk NetworkLocation.apk

CustomizationSetup.apk NewsReader.apk

DCSImpl.apk PCSCII.apk

DCSStock.apk PackageInstaller.apk

DCSUtility.apk Phone.apk

DownloadProvider.apk PicoTts.apk

DrmProvider.apk PluginManager.apk

EnhancedGoogleSearchProvider.apk QuickLookup.apk

Facebook.apk RSS.apk

FieldTest.apk Rosie.apk

FilePicker.apk Settings.apk

FlashLitePlugin.apk SettingsProvider.apk

FlashPlayer.apk SetupWizard.apk

Flickr.apk SocialNetworkProvider.apk

FriendStream.apk Stk.apk

GSD.apk Stock.apk

GenieWidget.apk Street.apk

GlobalSearch.apk Superuser.apk

Gmail.apk Talk.apk

GmailProvider.apk TalkProvider.apk

GoogleApps.apk TelephonyProvider.apk

GoogleCheckin.apk TtsService.apk

GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk Updater.apk

GooglePartnerSetup.apk UploadProvider.apk

GoogleSettingsProvider.apk UserDictionaryProvider.apk

GoogleSubscribedFeedsProvider.apk Vending.apk

HTCAlbum.apk VisualizationWallpapers.apk

HTCCamera.apk VoiceSearchWithKeyboard.apk

HTCSetupWizard.apk VpnServices.apk

HTC_IME.apk Weather.apk

HTMLViewer.apk WeatherAgentService.apk

HtcAddProgramWidget.apk WeatherProvider.apk

HtcClockWidget.apk WeatherSyncProvider.apk

HtcConnectivity.apk WidgetDownloadManager.apk

HtcContacts.apk WorldClock.apk

HtcDialer.apk YouTube.apk

HtcFMRadio.apk com.htc.FriendStreamWidget.apk

HtcFacebook.apk com.htc.MusicWidget.apk

HtcFootprints.apk com.htc.NewsReaderWidget.apk

HtcFootprintsWidget.apk com.htc.StockWidget.apk

HtcLocationPicker.apk com.htc.TwitterWidget.apk

HtcLocationService.apk com.htc.WeatherWidget.apk

HtcLockScreen.apk gtalkservice.apk

HtcMessageUploader.apk htcbookmarkwidget.apk

HtcMusic.apk htccalendarwidgets.apk

HtcNaviPanel.apk htccontactwidgets.apk

HtcPhotoWidget.apk htcmailwidgets.apk

HtcRingtoneTrimmer.apk htcmsgwidgets.apk

HtcSettingsProvider.apk htcsearchwidgets.apk

HtcSoundRecorder.apk htcsettingwidgets.apk

HtcStreamPlayer.apk restartapp.apk

HtcSyncwidget.apk teeter.apk

# ls /system/sd/dalvik-cache

ls /system/sd/dalvik-cache

ls: /system/sd/dalvik-cache: No such file or directory

#

@afiorillo

adb works fine but it seems to not recognize ls command, or at least it doesn't work. I can assure you I have A2SD+ full working...

I am doing this kind of tests because I think it's annoying to have to format SD each time you want to test different A2SD roms

snap20100518164047.png

Edited by ascito

Guest ninja.rogue

I have installed R3 A2SD+ with no problems at all, except for the sync icon which remains still active even though there are no ongoing sync processes.

Has anybody found out how to sweep away this annoying sync-thing?