27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest miguelsanchez79

just flashed r3 + A2SD into my desire.

Everything works like charm.

I have installed over 50 apps (including google earth, co-pilot) and still have about 100MB free memory. :)

No problems with ROM at all.

The only thing I noticed I still have desire stock boot animation altough I baked nexus one.

Well done Paul.

Thank You

Guest masi0
I have installed R3 A2SD+ with no problems at all, except for the sync icon which remains still active even though there are no ongoing sync processes.

Has anybody found out how to sweep away this annoying sync-thing?

Thats the issue with Facebook I have mentioned in couple of posts earlier :)

Guest ascito
I just flashed it from zip file in recovery.

nexus_bios_boot.zip

ARGH! This is not the nexus 1 one...

BTW

I just have updated to r3 A2SD+ coming from experimental r3 A2SD+, added uv kernel...everything seems to work fine.

Edited by ascito

Guest Paulo Nobrega

hi there guys..

i have successfully root my Desire yesterday and installed this latest rom i found here... I did nothing more.. Dont have A2SD...

I was trying to sync my contacts with outlook but it always gives an error...

Most of the times my Desire don't even find HTC sync on PC, but when it does it fc the sync application...

I read on this topic some of you had some problems with Sync, but, unless i missed something, most of you complained about other account syncs...

Anyone had has this problem syncing outlook? Any ideas how i can put back my contacts on the Desire?

Thanks in advanced :)

btw Paul, great great job... I still havent acquired any Modaco account, cause some issues with my credit card and paypal, but i will sure will, cause i also used your roms with my previous Hero... Great job and thanks for all the work for us...

Paulo

Guest miguelsanchez79
hi there guys..

i have successfully root my Desire yesterday and installed this latest rom i found here... I did nothing more.. Dont have A2SD...

I was trying to sync my contacts with outlook but it always gives an error...

Most of the times my Desire don't even find HTC sync on PC, but when it does it fc the sync application...

I read on this topic some of you had some problems with Sync, but, unless i missed something, most of you complained about other account syncs...

Anyone had has this problem syncing outlook? Any ideas how i can put back my contacts on the Desire?

Thanks in advanced :)

btw Paul, great great job... I still havent acquired any Modaco account, cause some issues with my credit card and paypal, but i will sure will, cause i also used your roms with my previous Hero... Great job and thanks for all the work for us...

Paulo

I had same issue. HTC sync did not want to sync with outlook.

I manualy exported all my contacts to csv file then imported it to my gmail account. Next sync my desire with gmail. That's it.

Guest Karolis

I've cooked a ROM without Rosie, with Nexus One boot and A2SD+

Oddly enough, I still get HTC Boot and no launcher at all :-/

Tried re-cooking and re-flashing it twice with and without flash + full SD card format.

Any ideas?

Guest ninja.rogue
Thats the issue with Facebook I have mentioned in couple of posts earlier :)

I can confirm that the issue depends on Facebook for HTC Sense.

I have setup all the other possible accounts (Exchange, Google, Flickr) without having the "icon-issue" above mentioned.

As soon as I start syncing with Facebook for HTC Sense, the icon appears and it never goes away.

Guest RalphM

Has anyone noticed any issues with the telstra version. Before i apply, I want to make sure I don't break the GPS or anything else for that matter.

Thanks,

Guest Paulo Nobrega

thanks Miguel.. Im gonna try to do that.. I had a backup on wavesecure, and i forgot to mention that, it also crashed in the middle of the process...

Guest masi0
I can confirm that the issue depends on Facebook for HTC Sense.

I have setup all the other possible accounts (Exchange, Google, Flickr) without having the "icon-issue" above mentioned.

As soon as I start syncing with Facebook for HTC Sense, the icon appears and it never goes away.

have you tried to cook rom without facebook (leaving htc sense fb)?

Guest NordicZz

I just wondered, do anyone else gets a corrupted "hourglass/waiting cursor/loading icon" for Adobe Flash Lite, when it's loading on (the prebaked) MCR r3/r2?

I have attached a screenshot to show you what I mean.

post-578930-1274206410_thumb.png

Guest NordicZz
what app is that you using to show the memory status of A2SD?

He uses Quick System Info.

Edit: Btw, do anyone know how to get that battery icon ascito has? :)

Edit2: Fixed a little mistake.

Edited by NordicZz

Guest Karolis

OK, I'm totally confused. If I use provided ROM with no modifications, it works fine.

As soon as I start cooking my own, they stop working :)

I wouldn't consider myself an Android noob, regardless of what my status on this forum is.

I just don't get it. Is my phone cursed or something? Or is my setup just too weird?

I mainly try to get rid of rosie and add A2SD+

Guest Paulo Nobrega

hey guys.. im having to much crashs with this rom... wavesecure crashes, contacts i cant edit, it does not sync...

is it possible to restore the previous ROM, until this one gets more stable??

now... i have no idea if I was suppose to backup the rom, or if it was possible, before putting this one...

sorry about the noob questions.. ehhe we all have to learn :)

Guest FrancisFuku
hey guys.. im having to much crashs with this rom... wavesecure crashes, contacts i cant edit, it does not sync...

is it possible to restore the previous ROM, until this one gets more stable??

now... i have no idea if I was suppose to backup the rom, or if it was possible, before putting this one...

sorry about the noob questions.. ehhe we all have to learn ;)

You can still try to flash your device with a stock ROM (there's a sticked topic on this board) which should be absolutely crash-free, waiting for another build of the MoDaCo custom ROM. And this time, don't forget to forget a nandroid backup :)

Guest Paulo Nobrega

Yeah Francis, i know.. But i had many troubles during the root process in all the steps that I was so glad that it actually worked... So i completely forgot about the nandroid backup.. ehehe

Just to be sure... putting this generic rom, it's the same process has in the root, with recovery bat and it does not wipe my phone, right?

Guest FrancisFuku

Yes it's the same, it doesn't wipe your phone, it's more like an update. So after doing this, you should recover all your previous settings.