27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Golgo
Hi all,

I've moved from MCR r1 to prebacked "r3 ROM with default MoDaCo additions and A2SD" with full wipe to reduce having issues and everything looks working fine & smooth.

But... :)...

When I do a kill all with eStrong task manager I've got an endless "com.htc.bg force close" and need to reboot the phone.

I've tried to switch from animated bg to standard one and wiping all caches again but it doesn't change anything.

Can anyone help?

How about NOT using task killers and especially not "kill all".

It's not good for your health.

Guest Kali-
Hi all,

I've moved from MCR r1 to prebacked "r3 ROM with default MoDaCo additions and A2SD" with full wipe to reduce having issues and everything looks working fine & smooth.

But... :)...

When I do a kill all with eStrong task manager I've got an endless "com.htc.bg force close" and need to reboot the phone.

I've tried to switch from animated bg to standard one and wiping all caches again but it doesn't change anything.

Can anyone help?

why people buy an android phone and want to use it as a winmo ?!?!?

Guest mountnorth
This ROM is already based on 1.21.405.2.

P

Would it be possible to make a stock rooted ROM out of this like the 1.15.405.4? Or replace the 1.15.405.4 with a stock rooted 1.21.405.2?

Until not everybody wants to use A2SD this might be a solution for those e.g. suffering from small r3 phone internal app storage.

Edited by mountnorth

Guest EddyOS

Thought as much, Paul, just that you always put 1.21.xxx.x and saw this on XDA this morning so thought I'd put it up :)

Finally got my r3 cooked ROM working, still not got the Android boot screen working, though

Guest domaboul

i have a little bug with the alarm (with the R3 build) :

i can't stop the alarm with the lateral boutons. is it the same for you ?

I try to change the option in 'clock'alarm'menu'parameters'lateral bouton action' with no result.

I can stop (or repeat) on the lock screen as normal.

Guest Bol2riz

I use to use one with my Hero and it helps a lot to keep it running smoothly guys

and doing that allow me to keep my Desire running from 1.5 days to 2.5 days.

And NO I don't use it like a winmo but just the way I want :) wasn't it what HTC claims?

Guest LouiS22
why people buy an android phone and want to use it as a winmo ?!?!?

Yeah, I don't understand that all... This is a different platform, a totally different OS. Most people don't read, just use the old things, which is: kill the tasks, because it's just good.

Guest sintaku
How about NOT using task killers and especially not "kill all".

It's not good for your health.

Isn't it ok if you use the taskiller to selectively kill apps?

Guest Kudoz

Am I the only one who can't use this ROM without Sense UI? Seems like it doesn't fall back on the standard launcher and boots to a blank screen after running the initial setup.

Edit: this is happening since r2, it worked fine in r1.

Edited by Kudoz

Guest Bol2riz

I've already tried Advanced task Killer with my Hero and I do preffer eStrong which was better I will see if it's changed...

Guys we're are going into an endless story. Do what you want! I was not fully satisfied with the way it kills processes with android 2.1 on my Hero therefore if its good (my POV) for a small hero it may not be bad on a desire.

I use to kill tasks selectively.

The point is just that a kill all never runs and com.htc.bg forceclose before.

I'm giving feedbacks

Edited by Bol2riz

Guest afiorillo
[...] Guys we're are going into an endless story. [...]

You're right, this looks kinda religion war to me. By the way, I found that leaving the Desire (or my previous Hero) in plane mode overnight makes a huge difference if Advanced Task Manager keeps it clean or not: having Maps or Raging Thunder running all over the night drains battery juice, and does it for nothing.

Guest mountnorth
I imagine Launcher2 is missing, i'll put it back in! :)

re: widgets, i'm hoping to add them into the kitchen.

P

Would it be possible to make Launcher2 optional? For those who prefer Rosie Launcher2+Launcher2 Wallpapers is only eating more space ^^

Guest toellby

Any Idea about my SyncProblem (sync Symbol in Taskbar)?

Or is it fixed in final r3?

In first r3 (from kitchen) after a few days the issue was here again!

Guest Kudoz
I imagine Launcher2 is missing, i'll put it back in! :)

re: widgets, i'm hoping to add them into the kitchen.

P

Will launcher2 be put back in r4 or are you going to amend r3 to contain it?

On another note, the Nexus One boot up animation doesn't work for me either.

Guest ascito
Just wondering if it'll be safe to flash the new Radio_32.36.00.28 U_4.06.00.02 upon MCR r3...

I would try, but how to avoid to reinstall all apps, since, after RADIO upg they all become corrupted?

Guest flipper203

ok so the only way to unlock a phone is to get a code from the operator or another site, there is no other procedure? like SPL or something

Guest Bol2riz

Regarding the com.htc.bg FC loop I don't really know if its linked but I've changed the background image and wallpaper for custom ones and it doesn't FC anymore.

Tried with eStrong and with quick system info.