27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest fudgeboy

Hey all,

A couple of oddities I've noticed with r2:

(1) The small HTC calendar widget is misbehaving. It's supposed to show the next appointment, but often it shows one that's exactly a week in the future, even if there are ones before that. Sometimes, it shows the right thing. This COULD have been happening with r1 or even with stock--I didn't notice it before, but I can't guarantee it's a new problem.

(2) Battery life seems to have worsened. I am now sometimes struggling to get through the day without having to recharge! I don't mind having to charge every night, but it's a pain if I have to charge during the day.

Anyone else having these problems, on any of the roms?

Good work, though, Paul.

James

Guest him7x

Do I have to wipe my phone to get r3? I have r2 with A2SD+ already on (obviously all my apps are on sd), can I just run the zip update or do I have to erese sd, wipe data and start from the beginning?

Guest Jonaldo87

After about 2-3 panic attacks i managed to root and apply the new rom with A2SD+

think i had every error on this forum but i did it!

very happy!

Advise to people getting stuck when trying to root..... READ THE FORUM ....the answers are there just need to find them

Guest TristanSun

Thanks for all mr Paul.

I will donate subscribe 2 day because off u ...

I have the desire I use the "r3-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-withadditions-signed" but still cant use Hebrew I install the keyboard "AnySoftKeyboard" and the font but what ever im doing surfing the web or trying to send sms and just got square instead .

I will love to get some help with it

Guest afiorillo
The only thing I´m missing in my r3 is Quick Office - any idea how to get it back?

OK, let's sort this out.

I have the QuickOffice APK here (extracted from r2 or r1 MCR, I don't remember) on my hard disk and I tried to post it days ago, but I received negative feedbacks from people that wasn't able to install it.

I tried myself, and was unable to install it too: I got a message stating "Application not installed". Trying to install the APK via adb returns an "Invalid package" or something like that.

The same occurs if I try to install the Google Earth' APK (downloaded from the Internet, since it isn't visible in the Market here in Italy).

What's the reason for such a behaviour? I have dozens of APKs that I reinstall with Astro everytime I flash a new ROM, but there are a few ones that simply doesn't install. I noticed that extracted APKs related to paid apps act the same: so, is there a "signature" issue?

Edited by afiorillo

Guest FrancisFuku
Do I have to wipe my phone to get r3? I have r2 with A2SD+ already on (obviously all my apps are on sd), can I just run the zip update or do I have to erese sd, wipe data and start from the beginning?

You don't have to wipe your phone, but you'll have to re-partition your sd card to be sure not to have the annoying boot loop, and therefore lose all your applications and all the data which were stored on the sd card. But you can backup the apps with Titanium Backup for example, and then restore them after the flash. That's what I did, and it worked fine.

Edited by FrancisFuku

Guest freddyemmer

Hi Paul,

Thanx for your great roms but i am having a little problem with my bluetooth carkit since r3. Have you changed anything to the bluetooth support(The stock rom worked fine)? My phone will connect to my Ford Fiesta (2009) model. I can also see the contactlist but calling and being called are imposible. If you need anything from me please let me know.

Guest mxpxboi
adb shell mount /system

I tried "adb shell mount /system"

and i got this error

"C:\AndroidSDK\tools>adb shell mount /system

adb server is out of date. killing...

* daemon started successfully *

mount: can't read /etc/fstab: No such file or directory"

Guest mrPalaboi

yeah. i think i have the same issue as you fudgeboy, my battery goes from 100% at 8am then by around 1pm it hovers around 50-60%. this is the old radio that im using, the default one that came with the phone.

and is it just me and my friend or are you guys having issue linking contacts from facebook (r3 with facebook on system and without facebook added).

Guest squrl

I've modified the original Circle battery package so there aren't any changes except the circle battery icon itself.

If anyone's interested, flash the attached zip in recovery (r1 and r3 only).

MD5: af940badd945722267f98e22dc1db8e3

devicea.png

update_signed.zip

Guest fatwolf
I've modified the original Circle battery package so there aren't any changes except the circle battery icon itself.

If anyone's interested, flash the attached zip in recovery (r1 and r3 only).

MD5: af940badd945722267f98e22dc1db8e3

devicea.png

I would soo use that except the change on the alarm icon is the only one i don't like I like all the other icons.

Guest Deerhunter48
I tried myself, and was unable to install it too: I got a message stating "Application not installed". Trying to install the APK via adb returns an "Invalid package" or something like that.

The same occurs if I try to install the Google Earth' APK (downloaded from the Internet, since it isn't visible in the Market here in Italy).

What's the reason for such a behaviour? I have dozens of APKs that I reinstall with Astro everytime I flash a new ROM, but there are a few ones that simply doesn't install. I noticed that extracted APKs related to paid apps act the same: so, is there a "signature" issue?

I tried again here in Germany, but had no chance to get a r3 with QuickOffice - everytime "Application not installed" pops up. Is there any dependancy like a "language" or "locale" key with QuickOffice?

Guest kayceejayh
Is it just me, or the r3 drains battery like hell?

I found that the newer radio eats the battery like a little bitch.. Try flashing the older one and you should be okay.

Guest domaboul
I would soo use that except the change on the alarm icon is the only one i don't like I like all the other icons.

same here ;-)

and for :

i have a little bug with the alarm (with the R3 build) :

i can't stop the alarm with the lateral boutons. is it the same for you ?

I try to change the option in 'clock'alarm'menu'parameters'lateral bouton action' with no result.

I can stop (or repeat) on the lock screen as normal.

any idea ?

Guest Ceased2be
I found that the newer radio eats the battery like a little bitch.. Try flashing the older one and you should be okay.

Don't have that experience myself, the new radio did manage to fix my GPS problems however.

Guest damiensmith212

Has anyone else had usb problems after flashing with R3 with HTC Sync removed?

I removed it because I never use it and now have no usb connection options when plugging it into my pc. It charges ok and I can get usb SDCard access by using the option in the recovery menu but not while the phone is fully booted.

I'm also getting a force close whenever I select the 'connect to PC' option in the settings menu.

Any way of fixing it or do I have to reflash with HTC Sync re-added?

Guest areslinux
Has anyone else had usb problems after flashing with R3 with HTC Sync removed?

I removed it because I never use it and now have no usb connection options when plugging it into my pc. It charges ok and I can get usb SDCard access by using the option in the recovery menu but not while the phone is fully booted.

I'm also getting a force close whenever I select the 'connect to PC' option in the settings menu.

Any way of fixing it or do I have to reflash with HTC Sync re-added?

I have the same problem

Guest damiensmith212
You'll need to re-add HTC Sync i'm afraid!

P

Fair enough. I've got backups so it's all good. It'll give me an excuse to add that undervolt kernel and sort out A2SD anyway. :rolleyes:

It might be worth adding a note to the kitchen though in case anyone else messes up the same way.