27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest squrl
I would soo use that except the change on the alarm icon is the only one i don't like I like all the other icons.

same here ;-)

Ok, here you go guys, original package with stock alarm icon.

Didn't tried to flash it, so I advise you to do a nandroid, but it should be OK. And don't panic if the phone will hang on boot screen, it can take up to 15 minutes to re-cache things on first boot, so be patient :rolleyes:

MD5: 0e9e6fbb9fad66c0ac70946c7a8f01a3

circle_batt_stockalarm_signed.zip

Edited by squrl

Guest domaboul
Ok, here you go guys, original package with stock alarm icon.

Didn't tried to flash it, so I advise you to do a nandroid, but it should be OK. And don't panic if the phone will hang on boot screen, it can take up to 15 minutes to re-cache things on first boot, so be patient :rolleyes:

MD5: 0e9e6fbb9fad66c0ac70946c7a8f01a3

thanks a lot.

i will try that tonight.

Guest Han-Droid

now on r3 via kitchen:

same here as with others:

- quick office is missing

- htc notes -> not installable

- amazon mp3 -> not included although selected in kitchen

r3 gives me more free ram than r1 did, but the points mentioned above wouldn't make me say "flawless" at all....

BTW: my radio is still the "old"/original -> 32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11 so I don't understand why ppl say the "new radio" drains battery as hell ?!?!

Edited by Han-Droid

Guest EddyOS

I'd also like to have the latest Facebook and official Twitter apps added as option if possible (I add them anyway to the ROM but would be good for other users)

Edited by EddyOS

Guest dimetron
now on r3 via kitchen:

same here as with others:

- quick office is missing

- htc notes -> not installable

- amazon mp3 -> not included although selected in kitchen

r3 gives me more free ram than r1 did, but the points mentioned above wouldn't make me say "flawless" at all....

BTW: my radio is still the "old"/original -> 32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11 so I don't understand why ppl say the "new radio" drains battery as hell ?!?!

quick office is there but when try to reinstall it throw an exception in adb logcat

W/PackageParser( 140): Exception reading /data/app/vmdl64906.tmp

W/PackageParser( 140): java.lang.SecurityException: META-INF/MANIFEST.MF has invalid digest for res/drawable/bad_image.png in /data/app/vmdl64906.tmp

W/PackageParser( 140): at java.util.jar.JarVerifier$VerifierEntry.verify(JarVerifier.java:130)

W/PackageParser( 140): at java.util.jar.JarFile$JarFileInputStream.read(JarFile.java:130)

W/PackageParser( 140): at android.content.pm.PackageParser.loadCertificates(PackageParser.java:318)

W/PackageParser( 140): at android.content.pm.PackageParser.collectCertificates(PackageParser.java:479)

W/PackageParser( 140): at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.installPackageLI(PackageManagerService.

ava:4325)

W/PackageParser( 140): at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.access$1600(PackageManagerService.java:109)

W/PackageParser( 140): at com.android.server.PackageManagerService$5.run(PackageManagerService.java:3817)

W/PackageParser( 140): at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:587)

W/PackageParser( 140): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)

W/PackageParser( 140): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)

W/PackageParser( 140): at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:60)

Guest Han-Droid
quick office is there but when try to reinstall it throw an exception in adb logcat

W/PackageParser( 140): Exception reading /data/app/vmdl64906.tmp

W/PackageParser( 140): java.lang.SecurityException: META-INF/MANIFEST.MF has invalid digest for res/drawable/bad_image.png in /data/app/vmdl64906.tmp

W/PackageParser( 140): at java.util.jar.JarVerifier$VerifierEntry.verify(JarVerifier.java:130)

W/PackageParser( 140): at java.util.jar.JarFile$JarFileInputStream.read(JarFile.java:130)

W/PackageParser( 140): at android.content.pm.PackageParser.loadCertificates(PackageParser.java:318)

W/PackageParser( 140): at android.content.pm.PackageParser.collectCertificates(PackageParser.java:479)

W/PackageParser( 140): at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.installPackageLI(PackageManagerService.

ava:4325)

W/PackageParser( 140): at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.access$1600(PackageManagerService.java:109)

W/PackageParser( 140): at com.android.server.PackageManagerService$5.run(PackageManagerService.java:3817)

W/PackageParser( 140): at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:587)

W/PackageParser( 140): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)

W/PackageParser( 140): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)

W/PackageParser( 140): at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:60)

where exactly is "there" ... path?

Guest jdouce

guys with stuff missing wipe BEFOR u flash if u wipe again after youll loose the apps that came with the rom at are labeled "installed to /data"

Guest Deerhunter48
guys with stuff missing wipe BEFOR u flash if u wipe again after youll loose the apps that came with the rom at are labeled "installed to /data"

I did. But it doesn´t work. I also went back to StockROM - FullWipe - New partitioning the SD-Card - flash r3. Result: Still no QuickOffice

Guest irishandrew
Random finding, although this ROM is 1.21.xxx.x in Software information is shows 1.15.xxx.x - any reason for this?

?? If I go to Menu->Settings->About Phone->Software Informations I get:

Build Number: 1.21.MCR.2

Software Number: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the HTC Desire r3

Are you seeing 1.15etc. instead of 1.21? Or do you mean somewhere else?

-Andrew.

Guest Jonaldo87

Since i rooted my phone and applied r3 it has had the "icon issue" (Sync icon staying in task bar because of HTC facebook sync) and it seems to keep the phone awake and drains the battery!!! arghh

Paul can you please fix this in r4, i like the HTC facebook sync.

Guest MacCarron
Since i rooted my phone and applied r3 it has had the "icon issue" (Sync icon staying in task bar because of HTC facebook sync) and it seems to keep the phone awake and drains the battery!!! arghh

Paul can you please fix this in r4, i like the HTC facebook sync.

I had the same problem and fixed it by wiping everything. To be precise i backed up the content of both my ext3 and fat32 partitions of the memory card, formatted them both, wiped data, cache, dalvik, battery and rotate. Then i flashed over modaco r3, copied back into their respective partitions my ext3 and fat32 backups and now i have no issues at all and i didn't lose a single byte of data :D. Hope this helps you :rolleyes:

Guest Muskie

Okay, I think I have a solution that's ROM specific for the TelstraNextG Bigpond Services problem -

The device when rooted (using the MCR r3) displays a devicename of the A8181. Telstra have locked all of their online services through a devicename check, and only the 8183 is supported. Is there anyone who could bake a new rom (or tell me which files to edit in one of the prebaked ones) so that the device can display the correct device name?

Edit: I'm thinking it's one of the XML files in /system/customize/CID? am I on the right track here?

Edited by Muskie

Guest fatwolf
Okay, I think I have a solution that's ROM specific for the TelstraNextG Bigpond Services problem -

The device when rooted (using the MCR r3) displays a devicename of the A8181. Telstra have locked all of their online services through a devicename check, and only the 8183 is supported. Is there anyone who could bake a new rom (or tell me which files to edit in one of the prebaked ones) so that the device can display the correct device name?

Edit: I'm thinking it's one of the XML files in /system/customize/CID? am I on the right track here?

default.xml: <item name="device_name">HTC Desire A8181</item>

in customize CID might be what your after.

grep is wonderful

Guest fatwolf

Out of curiosity which services are you trying to use that are device name locked.

Im tempted to make the change and test.

Guest Muskie
Out of curiosity which services are you trying to use that are device name locked.

Im tempted to make the change and test.

Thanks a whole bunch.

I'm trying to get Mobile Foxtel working again, primarily, though the Mobile data usage is important as well (though I fixed that thanks to some APN rejigging that a nice Telstra lady gave me.., I've got a post with those settings on the forum atm)

Guest Muskie

Argh. No dice. modifying that file did nothing, the phone still reports as an A8181 in About Phone/Hardware.

Hey Paul, help us out here, man! :rolleyes:

Guest shurid

Hello Everyone, I am new to this forum as well as new to this rooting and custom ROM exploring. First of all, your are a true/super genius Paul, you have achieve something which many of us can't even imagine to do so. Thanks you very much for sharing this with us.

As I have mentioned, I am new here. Please accept my apologize for asking novice question.

You did mentioned as requirements

"Requirements

In order to use this ROM on your device, you must be rooted and be able to launch the custom recovery image using the supplied scripts in the root package. You can read more about how to root and launch the CRI on your device in this topic."

Can you please help to find the topic in which its shown how to root my HTC Desire with appropriate boot loader. Which is a requirement for your ROM installation. Right?

Thanks

Shurid

Guest Hypnoz
I imagine Launcher2 is missing, i'll put it back in! :rolleyes:

re: widgets, i'm hoping to add them into the kitchen.

P

Hello Paul, thanks for your work.

Is the launcher2 is in now ?

Because the last time I try to cook the r3 without sense, I had a beautiful black screen after the boot logo.

Excuse my english ! :D

Guest Muskie
Hello Everyone, I am new to this forum as well as new to this rooting and custom ROM exploring. First of all, your are a true/super genius Paul, you have achieve something which many of us can't even imagine to do so. Thanks you very much for sharing this with us.

As I have mentioned, I am new here. Please accept my apologize for asking novice question.

You did mentioned as requirements

"Requirements

In order to use this ROM on your device, you must be rooted and be able to launch the custom recovery image using the supplied scripts in the root package. You can read more about how to root and launch the CRI on your device in this topic."

Can you please help to find the topic in which its shown how to root my HTC Desire with appropriate boot loader. Which is a requirement for your ROM installation. Right?

Thanks

Shurid

No meed for bold text. 1- the topic you were looking for was linked im the quote you used. Try clicking the blue text at the end...

2- the topic you are looking for is stickied right here on the forums, easily viewable.