27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Qliratu

Yes i run it from the shell.. its rooted ofc's

I baked my own rom using the kitchen.

Edited by Qliratu

Guest ejstans
Yes i run it from the shell.. its rooted ofc's

I baked my own rom using the kitchen.

Sorry if it's a dumb question... I guess since I managed to install the MoDaCo baked ROM my rooting of Desire had to be successfull, right? Which app did u install to get a shell?

Edit: I mounted my microSD card (8GB) on linux and had a look into det /dev/sdb2 (ext3 1GB partition) and i found the /app, /app-private and /dalvik-cache :rolleyes: So all is sound and fine. The first app I installed (Astro File Manager) I found in the /app folder :D

Edited by ejstans

Guest ejstans
On the first post, it gives information but the link which tells you to install the ROM seems to be down.

Requirements

In order to use this ROM on your device, you must be rooted and be able to launch the custom recovery image using the supplied scripts in the root package. You can read more about how to root and launch the CRI on your device in this topic.

Has anyone got a link working so i can see the guide?

Strange. I used the link just a few hours ago. The link is:

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...o-1-21-support/

I used this method though (with a usb and had to use another mount command):

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...t-and-best-way/

The other mount command (2nd line on number 7):

sudo mount -t vfat /dev/sdb1 /mnt/cdrom

(/dev/sdb1 could also be /dev/sda1, /dev/sde1... it depends on the amount of disk in the computer you run the usb key boot from)

Guest Qliratu

Did u used the r4 version to root your desire?

then u got a .exe called adb-windows / linux/mac run it

adb-windows.exe shell

then u get a shell whit some basic linux command's busybox ;-)

Guest TISaint

Hi guys, this may seem like a stupid question but is Flash not supposed to be working on these roms? I flashed the r3 ROM with default MoDaCo additions and A2SD+ on my Desire and flash does not seem to be working at all. I had the 0.8 loader and followed the instruction in the sticky if that makes a difference.

Guest andready

I got a2sd to work. But I still lose space on the phone. It's work ok with mybackup pro and the marked. But I lose space on the phone with Linda and Blapkmarked.

Is there a way to what 's installed on the phone and the sdcard. Maby a way to move it from the phone to the sdcard????

Guest TISaint
Hi guys, this may seem like a stupid question but is Flash not supposed to be working on these roms? I flashed the r3 ROM with default MoDaCo additions and A2SD+ on my Desire and flash does not seem to be working at all. I had the 0.8 loader and followed the instruction in the sticky if that makes a difference.

Never, I wiped everything and Flash is working fine now.

Guest Hypnoz
Is it me or the original launcher is not available? Can I have it as an update please?

Same here, when will it be available (and work) on the kitchen ?

Thx :rolleyes:

Guest jullejul

Hi i install r3 atsd+ . I install some apps and after that i had 128mb left, 1-2h later i only had 117mb left. Why? Can i get it back?

Edited by jullejul

Guest afiorillo
How would I see if it worked?

Just issue the following command to your Desire from the computer' command prompt:

adb shell ls -l /data
You should see the redirections (links) for app, app-private and dalvik-cache entries.
lrwxrwxrwx root	 root			  2010-05-20 23:00 app-private ->/system/sd/app-private

lrwxrwxrwx root	 root			  2010-05-20 23:00 dalvik-cache ->/system/sd/dalvik-cache

lrwxrwxrwx root	 root			  2010-05-20 22:59 app -> /system/sd/app

Guest WiT_Ben

Hey I've been running alpha 17 or something for a while and really enjoyed it. I just downloaded the latest Alpha 22 and tried to flash, but I get the following errors:

E:Can't symlink /system/xbin/[

E:Failure at line 11:

symlink busybox SYSTEM:xbin/[

Any ideas what's going on and how to fix it?

Guest Helidude73

Hi

Thanks for this great site :rolleyes:

I just signed up and tried the Online Kitchen, added Custom Ingredients (data.zip) and got an error.

The file should have the correct structure/paths and are within the 10mb limit.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Helidude

Ps: Public IP :D

Guest Mixy

Hi!

Thanks alot for all your hard work Paul! Will go for the plus membership when you get Froyo up here, and i get payed :D

Anyway, thought i could comment on a few things ive encountered since using your rom (after full whipe, though with import of alot of apps through titanium). Having the constant "sync" icon after adding the facebook app. Also seems to lag after it has turned the wifi antenna of (default setting of 15 mins), and when i go to the home screen i cant pull down the notification bar, until it has turned the antenna back on. Just a couple of secs, but ruins the whole expirience..

Thanks again for your hard work, i do understand that this ROM wont be your priority in the days to come :rolleyes:

Guest Zav13r

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your hard work in putting this together for the rest of us.

One problem im having though- ROM flashes fine (from the kitchen) and OS runs, but i cannot install any apps or save data. I get a no storage space message, and installation was unsucessful notification.

I used the AP2SD+ when setting the ROM.

SD Card is partitioned, 1Gb, and 3Gb FAT32

Also, the internal phone available space is only showing as 84Mb.. this seems rather low if everything is on the SD Card, no?

Thanks in advance

Guest ragflan

Hey there guys. I just rooted my Desire today. The root procedure was fine, played around with a couple of Root apps from the market. I decided to install the Modaco Custom Rom with Online Kitchen. I had all the default options + Apps2d+. I formatted the sdcard using the sdcard formatter in the recovery. It gave swap 32mb, 512mb to apps and remaining to fat32. I upgraded ext2 to ext3 and then ext4.

Finally, I did a wipe and applied the update (the zip file you get when you press the 'Bake' button. Once it was done, I rebooted.

My Desire now just shows the HTC image that shows up on boot. It's been that way for almost 10 minutes. What should I do?

EDIT: Googled this problem of boot loop and found the Modaco forums as the first result. Haha. Silly me. Read the forums and tried a few things. I flashed about 3 times and the process worked. Not sure if this made the difference. Set SWAP as 0mb. But it works.

Edited by ragflan

Guest daveba
How do i uninstall the annoying wavesecure app??

someone please help

Boot into recovery console

From your laptop:

adb shell

mount /system

rm /system/app/*wsandroid*

reboot

Guest twisted_mind
Boot into recovery console

From your laptop:

adb shell

mount /system

rm /system/app/*wsandroid*

reboot

i'm sorry bro.. i'm very new to adb and android..

i pressed volume down + power and selected recovery.

Now am on the triangle icon screen.

These commands that u listed.. where do i need to type them?

Guest irishandrew
i'm sorry bro.. i'm very new to adb and android..

i pressed volume down + power and selected recovery.

Now am on the triangle icon screen.

These commands that u listed.. where do i need to type them?

Once you've gotten to the red triangle like you have, you need to connect your phone to computer via USB, then run the recovery script.

It you downloaded the r4 Windows method of rooting, then go to the folder you extracted everything to and run the recovery-windows.bat (it's something like that anyhow). I always right click and run as admin.

If you used linux then boot into it, and run recovery-linux.sh.

Your phone will then go to the green recovery menu (green).

On you computer you now need to open another terminal window - either a windows command window or terminal window in linux, then run the ADB commands in the post before from daveba from the directory you have ADB in.

This will either be wherever you extracted the SDK if you downloaded it from google, or I think Paul included some basic ADB functionality in the Windows Root method, so it would be the same directory you ran the windows recovery batch file from to enter recovery.

Main point to remember is the need to open a second terminal window in order to enter the commands - a lot of people are not realising this and getting stuck unable to type in the original terminal window.

Cheers,

Andrew.

Guest zw4mp

When you see the "#" sign that means you're inside adb shell. You either need to type "exit" and then do "adb remount" or stay in the shell and say "mount /system".