27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest yazooo

quick question. have flashed a rom with the A2SD built in - what's the easiest way to check it's working?

also i noticed that in detailts it stated this rom includes the openvpn binary? does that mean it replaces the stock vpn client - so far it looks the same to me?

Guest kerosin

I've just flashed prebaked MCR r1 with addons ... went ok

But after flashing A2SD (r1-a2sd-desire-dalvik-upgrade-signed.zip) my WiFi doesn't work - It just says Unable to start Wi-Fi

Have anybody expirienced this?

Thanks

PAUL - Thank you for the root guide and MCR - Great job

Guest gregDT
quick question. have flashed a rom with the A2SD built in - what's the easiest way to check it's working?

also i noticed that in detailts it stated this rom includes the openvpn binary? does that mean it replaces the stock vpn client - so far it looks the same to me?

A simple way to check is to install some apps. Might seem a bit low tech but that's what you're going to do anyway right :P Pick a few big apps like the 3D racers and check the remaining space after installing. You're ROM might drop a bit but almost all the space required will go from the SD card. Otherwsie you can muck about in adb shell. The command is something like ls "/system/sd/app" I think ?

Edited by gregDT

Guest guitarfreak

If i redownload a rom with the updated boot sound removed do i just have to flash it? Or is it better to just use silentboot?

Guest kerosin
Got an infinite boot loop on first try. I think it's because I had that A2SD patch running.

Seems fine now after a full wipe and reflash.

What A2SD package have you used?

Guest h00pyfr00d
What A2SD package have you used?

I was using the A2SD fix Paul made available then promptly removed.

Since flashing I got constant boot loops until I eventually formatted and re-partitioned my SD card then reflashed with the ROM.

I'm using aTrack Dog (SD) to keep an eye on my apps however it's showing none on the SD card even though I cooked an A2SD ROM.

A job for tomorrow I think.

Guest guitarfreak
I was using the A2SD fix Paul made available then promptly removed.

Since flashing I got constant boot loops until I eventually formatted and re-partitioned my SD card then reflashed with the ROM.

I'm using aTrack Dog (SD) to keep an eye on my apps however it's showing none on the SD card even though I cooked an A2SD ROM.

A job for tomorrow I think.

Yes its strange, i tried the sd/system/app command and it shows the apps on my sd! but my memory is on 30mb!

Guest Pyr0x64

i've not tried baking my own rom yet, but is there any chance of an A2SD with the dalvik-cache on the SD too please ?

Edited by Pyr0x64

Guest nerdo
I want my desire support arabic

I installed your arabic fonts but I have same problems like:

browser error

Gmail error

you can help me?

Well, ur problem answers my query :P

I am afraid that we have to wait for Alsanad to create a Desire specific Arabic update

BTW the arabic fonts you are referring to are likely Alsanad's bundle for Nexus One!

Guest winx199

I flashed the r1 ROM with default MoDaCo additions and Chinese input.

I also want to delete some of the pre-installed apps, such as quick office, pdf viewer(since I have Doc2go), HTC IME(since I use the chinese IME).

How should I do it? I installed root explorer, and deleted the apks form system/app. But, the apps are still there, and after reboot the phone, they are still there.

I just got 11M memory left, and still have some apps need to install, so...

Can someone tell me how to remove the pre-installed apps entirely from the phone?

Thanks a lot!

PS: sorry for my pool english, I hope I won't make you feel confused.

Guest guitarfreak
my browser randomly closes and my apps2sd isnt working... is it because i pressed wipe after the flash?

There seems to be an error with apps2sd mate

Guest rvjacobs

Hello Paul,

I am very interested in your custon rom and very willing to pay for it and get an adfree modaco account. However, currently I am having a problem with the rooted rom that you created e week ago. Everything works fine, even app2sd, but after I rooted my Desire yesterday, there are no copy protected apps visible anymore in the market. I have tried everything, such as cleaning market cache, installing market enabler (which is actually for showing the paid apps), but nothing happens. On my unrooted desire I was able to download (and install) apps like 'bluppr', 'ov: trein', and 'DailyDilbert' (the app with the black icon). Al these apps are copy protected (according to androlib.com) and after the rooting, they are not visible in the market anymore. I guess mu questions are as follows. First, is there a solution for this, without having to root it again or (I already rooted him twice, but after some reading on the internet it could have to do something with the fact that youur rootedrom doesn't have some kind of fingerprint). And question nr. 2 is, does your new custom rom solve this problem, or is there a big chance that this problem is still there?. I posted this problem on many forums now and nobody has a solution. Therefor, I hope that the one person who creates all this, you ;-), may have a solution for this or may find a solution for this. Thank you in advance.

Guest winx199
remove system apps without reflash

./adb-linux shell

mount /system

ls

rm app.apk

I don't have Linux, do I have to do that in Linux system?

Can I do this in windows 7?

Thanks!

Guest deltoro

so, i installed this, with the navi panel. and afterwards i tried to search the internet to see if someone's managed to modify it to use bruts maps, and i did. first i tried just installing, didn't work. than i tried first removing the htcnavipanel.apk in system/app with root explorer... but magically it's still there. and works just fine. is there a way to fully remove the app without reflashing?

Guest guitarfreak
Yes, me! See first couple of posts!

Check partitioning of SD - FAT32 first, then a EXT3 partition.

P

Yeah i have FAT32 and Ext 3. I used the recovery tool to partion the SD though as im on mac.

When i use the command to check the apps are on the sd, but i only have 22mb memory left so somethings wrong lol

Guest ascito
Yeah i have FAT32 and Ext 3. I used the recovery tool to partion the SD though as im on mac.

When i use the command to check the apps are on the sd, but i only have 22mb memory left so somethings wrong lol

78MB here...really poor...

That's what I did in recovery mode:

-Using the optical trackpad, I selected "Partition sdcard" -> "Partition SD" and issued a SWAP=0, EXT2=512, FAT32=<remaining> partition command.

-Issued the "SD:ext2 to ext3" command.

:P

PS @Paul Kitchen server is veeeeery slow...

Edited by ascito

Guest guitarfreak
78MB here...really poor...

That's what I did in recovery mode:

-Using the optical trackpad, I selected "Partition sdcard" -> "Partition SD" and issued a SWAP=0, EXT2=512, FAT32=<remaining> partition command.

-Issued the "SD:ext2 to ext3" command.

:P

PS @Paul Kitchen server is veeeeery slow...

I had about 80mb before after all my apps installed..

Yep thats exactly what i did, well i used 1024mb because i have a 16gb card. But yep thats how i partioned it.. dunno why ive got 25mb.. my apps are on sd/system/app according to the command